I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground floor!Those threads never actually become superthreads, so maybe I just jinxed this one.But that's ok, I'm not sure about the mix of characters in here. :club:
It will probably die but we all pretty much know each other well that I think the mix is fine. I just need to be entertained until 5.
I don't think I could ever get a truck or an SUV. I get 28MPG now and it kills my soul a little each time I go to the pump.Liz got a Honda CRV and she loves it except she went from a 37MPG Civic to a 21MPG CRV. I shouldn't laugh at her.
I just did some math, and I think my Honda Civid is only getting 26mpg. How does that work? I get 8L/100km (CANADA). 8L is about 2.11g, and 100km is 56m, so about 26 right? Was she actually getting 37, or was that just the ad?
I'm lucky if I get 15MPG on average in my truck...when I went to Boston we rented a Hyundai Sonata and that was getting up close to 40MPG...I felt so spoiled. Those are nice cars, I've gone back and forth about the idea of getting one. My first concert I was probably around 8 as well. Weird Al Yankovic opening up for the Monkees. :club:
40!? I don't know how you guys are getting that. Now, cruising highway speeds around here are just under 70mph, which isn't exactly ideal for mileage I guess.My first concert was Bif Naked. My older brother took me about 13 years ago. We were meeting a friend of his. To preface the story, we come from a pretty middle-upper class jewish neighbourhood in uptown toronto. Like, I knew black people, but they weren't my next-door neighbours. Except Keon Clark (Raptors), who lived a few blocks away, and was awesome. So on the way to meet his friend, we stop by some homeless girl downtown, knocking away on a guitar (not strumming, you'll note), and shouting at most passerbys. We stand there for the best part of 10 minutes, which is making me increasingly awkward/anxious. Nothing is being said, he just appears to be enjoying the music. He was always into indie stuff, so figured this was an extension.Nope. After 10-15 minutes, she calmly gets up, packs her stuff into a knapsack, says hi to my brother (they haven't even made eye contact to this point), and we all start walking together. Weirdness. Despite the way she spends her days, she is a reasonably normal person.I remember very little of the concert, in part because it was not an all-ages night, and in part because I'd accidentally gotten drunk for the first time of my life a few days earlier at my little brother's bar mitzvah. I'd confused apple juice with sparking wine. I still had a headache. As for the all-ages bit - my brother knew the bouncer, so they let me in despite looking my age (about 14). They sometimes had all-age events there, so they scrounged up a bracelet and made me wear it. Well, they actually made me wear one on each wrist, because they thought that'd make it harder for me to fake it, and since the bartenders wouldn't be looking for bracelets. Of course, this meant that the 90-pound jewish kid from uptown was the only person under 19 at a grungey downtown club at a pop/rock/punk concert. I spent most of the night trying stay out of the way of the pointy things attached to people.After the concert, we walked over to a park and met up with more of his friends. I thought it was odd that they were all women, again, and others also appeared homeless. Years later I'd find out my brother was gay (and aware of it at the time). No explanations on why all the chicks had to be homeless. We spent the next 6 hours in the park, drinking Mike's Hard Lemonade. No one even offered me a sip, until we were leaving at 7am, and there was the end of a bottle left. You'd think this was a bad situation, and I certainly felt that way at the time. It took me years to realize that the fact that half a dozen people had only drank a single case of Mike's over 6 hours meant that there was actually nothing to be worried about.I told my parents I'd gone to a friend's after the concert, and slept there. I thought the whole thing was so stupid and dorky, I didn't tell any of my friends about it, even though I'd planned on bragging about going to a downtown concert. When I finally told someone about the night a year later, they thought it was so cool (we were 15) that they spread it around the school. People would approach me to ask for more details, and about the club. I got my first (to this date, my only) pseudo-real date when I offered a girl who'd approached me one of my wristbands from the night.There you go Steve. In thanks for all you do in the FCBL, I hope I wasted a few of your bored minutes today with an equally boring story.
40!? I don't know how you guys are getting that. Now, cruising highway speeds around here are just under 70mph, which isn't exactly ideal for mileage I guess.
I don't know, that's what the car's computer told me the average mileage was from Rochester to Boston (I zeroed all the functions before we left so only that trip would count). It's all Thruway and MASSpike the entire way, so I believe it. I averaged like 78MPH too, so it wasn't a speed thing. It wasn't exactly 40MPG, more like 38 or so. Still impressed the 15MPG pickup guy.
Man if I had to buy a gun it would be purely for recreation so it wouldn't be a pistol. It would either be this:ares-m200-cheytac-intervention-gas-sniper-rifle-black-clip.jpgor thisWE_SCAR_L_by_Viper818.jpgor maybe thisacrfull-tfb.jpg
Is it wrong that I have never fired or even touched a real gun in my life but thanks to extensive call of duty experience I was instantly able to identify all of those guns and could tell you the pros/cons of each?

I can't tell you exactly what any of them are, but the one in the middle looks like an FAL and I think the bottom is an M4 of some type. It's not wrong Jason, COD is the only reason Steve knows what they are too. <grin>*Edit* Okay, looked and I'm definitely wrong on the middle, it's a SCAR.

Danny how long did you live in Toronto and why did you move? I am born and raised Torontoian.
I'm not Danny, but that'll never stop me from answering.I was born in Toronto and moved to Newfoundland when i was 13. Now I live in Sudbury. When people ask me where I'm from I have no idea what to say. I'd love to say Earth, but I don't like to come off as an asshole immediately. I like to ease into that a little.

Toronto was a regular family vacation spot for us when I was growing up. We probably went every two years or so. Stayed at Inn on the Park one time and the Prince Hotel another time, there's also this old apartment building that was converted into a cheapo hotel that we stayed at a lot of times because it was so affordable, but I can't remember what it was called.

Danny how long did you live in Toronto and why did you move? I am born and raised Torontoian.
I lived with my family lived in the same house at Bayview and York Mills until I went to school. Went to school at Guelph (only school that would guarantee admission into the B.Comm with a 75% average). After school, I had to choose between going back home to my parents and a job at Second Cup, or find somewhere else. I had a few friends who I had graduated ahead of doing a summer semester (co-op program) at Dal, so figured Halifax was a good place. Moved into a house with 9 students, used the money I'd stolen from Second Cup to start playing poker.Surprisingly, after 4 months, that still sounded better than going home. So I picked up some part-time work at the convenience store that was a great late-night stop, got hired as the TA for some classes all my friends were taking (good way to meet girls, amirite?) and kept playing poker. This would've been around the time I joined the Sick Thread.Kept taking new leases in Halifax because it was a relaxed place where I had friends and a fun life. I didn't have many friends in Toronto, no hopes of a job and wouldn't be able to afford rent. Eventually met a Nova Scotian girl, settled down, got a job, got married and here we are. HFX4Lyfe.All my posts today are on the premise that Steve is bored, and would rather be reading my posts, boring and pointless as they are, then staring out the window, wondering whether his tenant will rape him first, or murder him and rape the corpse.
I'm not Danny, but that'll never stop me from answering.I was born in Toronto and moved to Newfoundland when i was 13. Now I live in Sudbury. When people ask me where I'm from I have no idea what to say. I'd love to say Earth, but I don't like to come off as an asshole immediately. I like to ease into that a little.
Where in Newfoundland? How long did you live there?
I just did some math, and I think my Honda Civid is only getting 26mpg. How does that work? I get 8L/100km (CANADA). 8L is about 2.11g, and 100km is 56m, so about 26 right? Was she actually getting 37, or was that just the ad?There you go Steve. In thanks for all you do in the FCBL, I hope I wasted a few of your bored minutes today with an equally boring story.
Wow, 26 seems off. Best way to figure it out is fill up your tank, drive till you want to put more gas in it and then do the math using your mileage and how much gas you put into it to fill it back up.I had a Civic as well and I was anywhere from 33-35mpg. We took her Civic on the roadtrip out West and one tank of gas we hit just below 43mpg.
I lived with my family lived in the same house at Bayview and York Mills until I went to school. Went to school at Guelph (only school that would guarantee admission into the B.Comm with a 75% average). After school, I had to choose between going back home to my parents and a job at Second Cup, or find somewhere else. I had a few friends who I had graduated ahead of doing a summer semester (co-op program) at Dal, so figured Halifax was a good place. Moved into a house with 9 students, used the money I'd stolen from Second Cup to start playing poker.Surprisingly, after 4 months, that still sounded better than going home. So I picked up some part-time work at the convenience store that was a great late-night stop, got hired as the TA for some classes all my friends were taking (good way to meet girls, amirite?) and kept playing poker. This would've been around the time I joined the Sick Thread.Kept taking new leases in Halifax because it was a relaxed place where I had friends and a fun life. I didn't have many friends in Toronto, no hopes of a job and wouldn't be able to afford rent. Eventually met a Nova Scotian girl, settled down, got a job, got married and here we are. HFX4Lyfe.All my posts today are on the premise that Steve is bored, and would rather be reading my posts, boring and pointless as they are, then staring out the window, wondering whether his tenant will rape him first, or murder him and rape the corpse.Where in Newfoundland? How long did you live there?
Colliers, Conception Bay...about a half hour drive from St. John's.I lived there for about 20 years with the occasional trip to Ontario for a summer job. My parents and quite a bit of my family are still there.I went to Memorial University in St. John's.
Wow, 26 seems off. Best way to figure it out is fill up your tank, drive till you want to put more gas in it and then do the math using your mileage and how much gas you put into it to fill it back up.I had a Civic as well and I was anywhere from 33-35mpg. We took her Civic on the roadtrip out West and one tank of gas we hit just below 43mpg.
Weird. I have been doing that - getting 20-25 in the city, though rush hour traffic has been awful lately. Only 25-30 on the highway though. Brand-new. Maybe I'm just a shitty driver, but I'm pretty careful not to rev it up too much.
Weird. I have been doing that - getting 20-25 in the city, though rush hour traffic has been awful lately. Only 25-30 on the highway though. Brand-new. Maybe I'm just a shitty driver, but I'm pretty careful not to rev it up too much.
That is weird. I don't think I ever got under 30. How many miles/km's do you have.
Colliers, Conception Bay...about a half hour drive from St. John's.I lived there for about 20 years with the occasional trip to Ontario for a summer job. My parents and quite a bit of my family are still there.I went to Memorial University in St. John's.
Heh, Conception Bay. Not far from Dildo.That's interesting, didn't take you for a Newfer. Glad to hear there's another (part) Easterner 'round these parts.Can you turn on a Newf accent when you want to?Do you miss lime Crush?
I lived with my family lived in the same house at Bayview and York Mills until I went to school.
I would classify that is upper middle class. Some of the houses are huge. There are many times I have raced down Bayview form the 401 to pickup my wife at work (Sunnybrook).Now Woodbine/Danforth is middle class (where I am).