I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, well I have a very strong D core, for this year only. My entire D core minus Brent Burns are free agents next year.I've got Shattenkirk and Blum to call up next year, but I'd like a few more Stud D prospects to stock the system with.Maybe I shouldn't be sharing my drafting strategy with you guys....
My farm defense is pretty stellar, I'm committed to the full rebuild so none of those guys will be coming up this year though, maybe next year, maybe the year after that.
Not sure if you noticed, but like 90% of the league is FA next year, lol.That means this is the 6th FCHL season, haha.
yeah I noticed, but I actually still have a pretty decent core of forwards signed past this season (Stamkos, Staal, Hemsky, Sharp, Setoguchi, Simmonds, Steen) so Defense would be more of a priority for me. I'll also have less money to spend at the auction than most other teams.
yeah I noticed, but I actually still have a pretty decent core of forwards signed past this season (Stamkos, Staal, Hemsky, Sharp, Setoguchi, Simmonds, Steen) so Defense would be more of a priority for me. I'll also have less money to spend at the auction than most other teams.
You only sign players that last names start with S?
You only sign players that last names start with S?
lol, yeah, D Sedin is coming off the books this year too..I had a few games where like 80% of my starting lineup started with S.

So, I've been up since 5 am for some stupid reason... played about 6 hours of poker, solid day, but like, it's not even noon... wtf do I do with the rest of my day?The only thing I really NEED to do is walk half a block to Home Hardware and grab some stupid fancy light bulbs, since mine are apparently all burned out.

So, I've been up since 5 am for some stupid reason... played about 6 hours of poker, solid day, but like, it's not even noon... wtf do I do with the rest of my day?The only thing I really NEED to do is walk half a block to Home Hardware and grab some stupid fancy light bulbs, since mine are apparently all burned out.
Grab a few beers and finish of Prison Break?

Lol, been done Prison Break for a while.Beers, meh. Don't need the calories on a Monday... save that for the weekend.Speaking of calories, I'm also taking suggestions for a healthy, cheapish lunch. I don't have much in the house, but there's a grocery store a block away, and obviously like 50 restaurants within a few blocks.

The only thing I really NEED to do is walk half a block to Home Hardware and grab some stupid fancy light bulbs, since mine are apparently all burned out.
That is too funny.
Lol, been done Prison Break for a while.Beers, meh. Don't need the calories on a Monday... save that for the weekend.Speaking of calories, I'm also taking suggestions for a healthy, cheapish lunch. I don't have much in the house, but there's a grocery store a block away, and obviously like 50 restaurants within a few blocks.
Subway without chips.
Whip up an omelette with a bunch of veggies in it. Cheap, easy and good for you.
Grilled chicken club sandwich with chipotle mayo
Whip up an omelette with a bunch of veggies in it. Cheap, easy and good for you.
I actually had an omelet for breakfast, but it was not the healthy variety.I don't know how to cook eggs, that was actually going to be my next foray in the growth of my cooking repertoire. How long will eggs keep in the fridge?
I made a good salad last week.Mixed Baby LettuceBlack BeansFetaCarrotscucumberchickenoil and vinegar dressing
Yeah, I've been on a nice salad kick for the last week or so. Getting some good veggies I wouldn't normally get otherwise.I've started buying those containers of mixed lettuce or whatever, and a bunch of vegetables, then making one portion of salad, but chopping up the ingredients for the whole container of lettuce, then once I get my portion of lettuce out for the current salad, the rest of the veggies fit back in there, and then I have pre-made salad ready to go at all times. Just add dressing, cheese of choice (I have parm, cheddar, feta, chevre in the house currently), and on you go.
Zach's life fascinates me.
Zach's lack of egg cooking knowledge fascinates meZach, here is my Egg Tip Of The Day:When making boiled eggs, put the eggs in the water when you put the pot on the stove and turn on the element. The actual timing part starts when the water is at a proper rolling boil.2 minutes = soft white, runny yolk2.5 minutes = firm white, semi-runny yolk 3.5 minutes = hard boiled, for your salands and suchRe; Club sammich query >>> You can mock up some chipotle mayo by adding some chipotle hot sauce to regular mayo. Otherwise, any good club is good eating. Mayo is easily worked into different flavours.
I actually had an omelet for breakfast, but it was not the healthy variety.I don't know how to cook eggs, that was actually going to be my next foray in the growth of my cooking repertoire. How long will eggs keep in the fridge?
I enjoy eggs but I never buy them...I don't think I've prepared breakfast one single time since I moved last September. I own a toaster but it's purely decorative...I've never even plugged it in. Or bought bread for it. If I eat breakfast it's always either Tim Horton's takeout wraps or a sitdown breakfast at a diner or something. Or my Dad cooks it when I happen to be over at their house in the morning hours.
How long will eggs keep in the fridge?
Just look at the best before date on the egg carton. Buy them reasonably fresh and they'll last a month in the fridge.

I didn't know people boiled eggs in non-hard boiled form.I don't eat a lot of eggs, fwiw. I'm hearing they are healthy though (are they?), I may jump on that bandwagon.