I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning folks. FCHL draft should be starting today. I think we can spoil that lottery now and say that Arp luckboxed it again. Back to back 1st overalls without finishing last place. At least he was 2nd last this year, so he had a 25% chance. Last season, he had like 5% or something, haha.First round is: ArpMikeJeffZachDuaneRichAdamDave G.JohnDubeyDubeyDannyGRichAdamDubeyWe should probably be able to get half of the round done today, depending on if people are near their computers. I think the first round shakes out pretty predictably.

Good morning folks. FCHL draft should be starting today. I think we can spoil that lottery now and say that Arp luckboxed it again. Back to back 1st overalls without finishing last place. At least he was 2nd last this year, so he had a 25% chance. Last season, he had like 5% or something, haha.First round is: ArpMikeJeffZachDuaneRichAdamDave G.JohnDubeyDubeyDannyGRichAdamDubeyWe should probably be able to get half of the round done today, depending on if people are near their computers. I think the first round shakes out pretty predictably.
Where are picks posted? Is it possible for non-FCHL people to follow along?
We should probably be able to get half of the round done today, depending on if people are near their computers. I think the first round shakes out pretty predictably.
I dunno, I really have no idea which way guys are leaning. I just hope Arp and Mike are around early, otherwise we're not even going to get started today.
I dunno, I really have no idea which way guys are leaning. I just hope Arp and Mike are around early, otherwise we're not even going to get started today.
Is Arp back from Florida? He probably doesn't even know he has 1st pick yet. Still time for a do-over on the lottery :club:
What are we doing if Mike doesn't show up? I made him a godfather offer for his pick...Also, Dubey and I made a trade!I get: #10 overallHe gets: #29, #30 and Luke Schenn.
I can't imagine Dave makes that deal if not for the fact that he inexplicably has 3 first round picks the summer after winning a championship. You win.

Luke Schenn though! Yeah probably not awesome value for me, but I offered him that months ago, and didn't see any good reason to reneg on the offer now. I need to stock up on Defensemen anyway, and I won't be using any 1st rounders on D men.

Luke Schenn though! Yeah probably not awesome value for me, but I offered him that months ago, and didn't see any good reason to reneg on the offer now. I need to stock up on Defensemen anyway, and I won't be using any 1st rounders on D men.
Defense is going to be a huge problem for me this season, I'd be shocked if I didn't have the worst defense in the entire league. Sami LepistoRyan WhitneyEd JovanovskiAnssi SalmelaAndy GreeneChris ButlerTyler Eckford (RFA, not coming back)I'll have two open spots at the auction and about two bucks to spend, assuming I don't trade for more cap space which seems unlikely. It's going to be a long year.

hehe, well I have a very strong D core, for this year only. My entire D core minus Brent Burns are free agents next year.I've got Shattenkirk and Blum to call up next year, but I'd like a few more Stud D prospects to stock the system with.Maybe I shouldn't be sharing my drafting strategy with you guys....

What are we doing if Mike doesn't show up? I made him a godfather offer for his pick...
I've been monitoring his FCHL access a little over the last few weeks, and he's been accessing the forums every few days or so. I assume that means he's reading the important threads. If not, then he's dumb, in a not meant to be mean way. It's been 4 days since he checked, he should know what's going on. I thought about FB'ing him the other day, but didn't, because I noticed he had logged on recently.I'm going to be pretty generous with guys missing their 12-hour time limit, just because of how I guess it was a bit short notice for the draft, and the fact that those auto-emails aren't being sent out, etc. Plus at least one guy on vacation. If it gets out of hand, or we've tried to contact a guy various ways with no avail, then we can skip him.I think that's fair to everybody.

I will be playing the role of Angry Steve.The only talk in this thread has been FCHL draft..

hehe, well I have a very strong D core, for this year only. My entire D core minus Brent Burns are free agents next year.
Not sure if you noticed, but like 90% of the league is FA next year, lol.That means this is the 6th FCHL season, haha.

Also, re: Schenn. I like what I saw form him last year. His Offensive game is starting to develop, and I think there's an outside chance he will be rosterable next season.plus I'm a Leafs homer and all that.