Tehtoe Well Thread

Have you seen ace ace versus ace ace anymore since the beginning of the thread?If not, can this be my well thread?!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can this be my well thread?!
Yes1) Tell us a little about your career in poker- an update from your featured member bio perhaps?2) How would you advise a mediocre micro-stakes cash game player such as myself to improve his MTT play? What concepts do recreational/losing MTT players most misunderstand or misapply?3) What is your favorite thing about hayley?4) How's your road trip going? How is adam looking? damn fine I imagine.

Do you agree that Flyleaf is the worst band on the planet?Did Phil finally get a haircut? WUG thoughts on the matter?Does Adam have a Canadian or Northern Minnesota accent?

what do you plan on doing besides playing poker all your lifeand who would you rather have donk4life or Kobe

wishingwell11.jpginb4 no one gets this joke
I get it! I was just there!I didn't expect to actually get questions...I'll answer stuff later, probably won't be very exciting though.
I get it! I was just there!I didn't expect to actually get questions...I'll answer stuff later, probably won't be very exciting though.
inb4 phil stares at the picture for 20 minutes trying to understand the 2nd joke in that picture
Would you rather have negs or d4l
tough choice there lolhe likes them big I would think
rcgs or diamonddixie?
damn you Phil knew that was coming, go back on vacation will ya
Why, why does every single conversation with Rose have to turn into something sexual.
the one who tells me to lighten up , take your own advice.trying to have fun , but if you don't want that fine. I will keep it to poker onlyremember Ian nothing will ever happen with anyone here lol. teasing can be fun.
1) Tell us a little about your career in poker- an update from your featured member bio perhaps?
Hmm, I don't really know what to say here. From that bio until Black Friday I didn't do much of note (grinding college and also not winning anything!), and I'd argue that my career in poker is nonexistent at the moment due to Black Friday. I am hoping to venture as much into the live arena as I can in the coming months (Turning Stone in August, hopefully), but yeah.
2) How would you advise a mediocre micro-stakes cash game player such as myself to improve his MTT play? What concepts do recreational/losing MTT players most misunderstand or misapply?
First part of your question is somewhat hard to answer since I jumped right into MTTs when I started poker and even to this day have only dabbled in cash. I guess my somewhat generic advice would be to get really comfortable with unexploitable shove ranges and watch a ton of videos (IWEARGOGGLES and Selbst have some excellent videos on DC covering a wide range of important tournament topics) to become more comfortable with a lot of the scenarios you'll face. Also go over hand histories with others a lot. In general the concept most recreational players misunderstand are stack sizes. This goes back to the unexploitable shove ranges but so many people r/f in spots with 15-25 bbs where shoving would be correct simply because they feel a stack is too many big blinds to shove, which isn't the case. I'd try to give specific examples of hands here, but, you know...Another concept I feel is huge and one I struggled with is 3betting light a ton to accumulate chips. When I was told to do this by my former backer I didn't really take the time to understand the concept and just started randomly 3betting people. I wouldn't say I did it too much, but I definitely needed to take the time to understand what a good spot to 3bet light was and why I would do it vs certain opponents. It's one of those things that's really hard to explain but you have to feel it out for yourself I guess. It's definitely super important in today's tourney game though (or what was today's tourney game! Can't really speak too much on live poker.)
3) What is your favorite thing about hayley?
Uhhh, everything. Literally!
4) How's your road trip going? How is adam looking? damn fine I imagine.
Road trip is going pretty good despite the fact that I nearly died hiking in Yosemite. Adam looks GREAT!
Do you agree that Flyleaf is the worst band on the planet?
I'm sure I've heard worse but I'll just say yes.
Did Phil finally get a haircut? WUG thoughts on the matter?
He did! He looks really young and was probably the reason I got carded at the Rio the one time that I did. Therefore, terrible haircut.
Does Adam have a Canadian or Northern Minnesota accent?
I detect no accent but I'm terrible at picking out different accents within the US.
Compared to dolphin, is the dugong quite ugly?
That would be silly.
what do you plan on doing besides playing poker all your life
I'm going to school! I couldn't tell you what I plan on doing and I have exactly zero motivation but there's that.
and who would you rather have donk4life or Kobe
Impossible question!
who is more useless, me or OP?
Possible question! The OP, easily.
Would you rather have negs or d4l
D4L, fk negs. ( :club: )
rcgs or diamonddixie?
Rose everytime!
He did! He looks really young and was probably the reason I got carded at the Rio the one time that I did. Therefore, terrible haircut.
Utter bs.I've had short(er) hair for over 2 years now.