2011 And 2012 Off Season Thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOLY SHIT I MEAN WHAT THE HELL

he works in professional basketball, so i'm inclined to believe him.

I like that you have such strong opinions about a sport that you just started watching during these last playoffs.I wonder who Brand goes to. It's always fun when guys go from being an albatross to t

Jason Kidd going to Knicks because...I don't know.Can Toronto rescind their offer to Fields?
Kidd was just nightmarishly bad last season. Knicks gonna knick.
Jason Kidd going to Knicks because...I don't know.Can Toronto rescind their offer to Fields?
Kidd, LOLThey can rescind the offer to Fields but that would be a horrible signal to other free agents.

I mean, I understand that the Lakers window is small. Obviously, it's nearly impossibly small with Lebron's prime just starting (not even considering the talent in the West), but why trade two first rounders and two second rounders for a 38 year old. That seems craaaaaazy stupid.

I mean, I understand that the Lakers window is small. Obviously, it's nearly impossibly small with Lebron's prime just starting (not even considering the talent in the West), but why trade two first rounders and two second rounders for a 38 year old. That seems craaaaaazy stupid.
Late 1st round picks and 2nd round picks have very little value. You can buy them for about $3 Million
it's nearly impossibly small with Lebron's prime just starting
I'm not ready to pencil the Heat into the next three titles just yet. Most of their supporting cast isn't exactly young and Wade looks to be on the downward slope of his career. Also, statistically speaking (and obviously not everyone is the same), age 27 is an NBA player's prime (i.e. last year for Lebron) and there is a slight decline each year after. It's possible he gets better next year, especially if his post game continues to develop, but it's not a given.If an old-ass Boston team can take Miami to the brink, an old-ass Lakers team of Nash/Kobe/Hill/Pau/Howard would have a legitimate shot. Bynum instead of Howard would be less so. The thing about Miami's run through the playoffs is that almost every single game was a close one. It's not like they just ripped through everyone. If there is a team that you can look at that is likely to get better, it's OKC, right? Their four main guys 24 and younger. Plus they get their backup PG back next year.
No one's beating that team.
You're such a homer.

Color me shocked that a Lakers homer would be inclined to believe another Lakers homer.

I think the Heat finally figured out their offense deep in the playoffs and will be better going forward. Bosh being able to go into the corner and hit that three opens up a lot of possibilities.Boston loses in five if Bosh was healthy.Wade averaged a 20-5-5 on 1.5 legs in the finals, let's not bury him just yet.

Colored me shocked that a Lakers homer would be inclined to believe another Lakers homer.
I like that you have such strong opinions about a sport that you just started watching during these last playoffs.I wonder who Brand goes to. It's always fun when guys go from being an albatross to the missing piece overnight. The thing about most amnestied players is that they're simply overpaid, not that they're totally useless players, so Brand could be a good pickup for somebody.And speaking of amnestied players, Brandon Roy is going to sign with the T'Wolves for 2 years, $10m. I have no idea why they're paying that much for a guy with no knees except that it's Kahn.
  • Like 1

Brand could be a nice piece of the puzzle for a few teams.Does anybody know in the bidding process if it's an auction where they can overbid each other or do the teams just put in one bid and they hope it's the largest ?

Thanks DJMarc Stein@ESPNSteinLineMavericks, sources say, are one under-the-cap team to already express interest in claiming Elton Brand through amnesty waiver processThis makes sense, fill out a roster for this season while they hope to land one of the big free agents next year.

Yeah as long as Dallas signs brand to a one year deal, I love the move.I think Miami and okc could give a lakers team of Nash/Kobe/pau/Howard a good run but lakers are definitely favorites in that scenario assuming Kobe will curb his unrepentant gunner tendencies.I think ppl lose sight of how good Dwight is sometimes.

lol at this guy's twitter timeline:First he retweets Lou Williams himself saying he's not coming back to Philly:John R. Finger@jrfingerCSNRT @TeamLou23: Philly, I appreciate you all. Unfortunately I will not be coming back ... they decided to move in a different directionThen he immediately confirms it with a "Sixers source":John R. Finger@jrfingerCSNSixers source confirms that they will not re-sign Lou Williams

Cane, when you sign an amnesty guy, you simply take over his contract, but only pay the amount you bid. The team that amnestied him pays the difference. So any team that picks up Brand would have him for only one year unless they separately sign him to an extension.And you're right about people undervaluing Howard now. Probably backlash because of his free agency insanity. I read in some article that he and Kobe had a conversation about playing together and they clashed about who would be the first option on offense. I would think the presence of Nash could alleviate that.