2011 And 2012 Off Season Thread

Chad Ford is not horrible. That's an accurate statement. They get an A by default by grabbing the best player in the draft by far based on ping pong ball luck.Bob, if those are Nash's issues, then winning a title is not very important to him and that's a little disappointing.Heat going to make a major early push for Ray Allen: http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8115909/sources-miami-heat-top-priority-boston-celtics-guard-ray-allen

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOLY SHIT I MEAN WHAT THE HELL

he works in professional basketball, so i'm inclined to believe him.

I like that you have such strong opinions about a sport that you just started watching during these last playoffs.I wonder who Brand goes to. It's always fun when guys go from being an albatross to t

Chad Ford is not horrible. That's an accurate statement. They get an A by default by grabbing the best player in the draft by far based on ping pong ball luck.
I hope you're joking, because that's ridiculous. How they draft can still easily be graded by how much better or worse they could have done with the options available. To say that they performed "A" type work for just accepting something that fell into their laps is ****ing stupid.

now that KG is coming back to the celtics, Ray will return there if they make the right offer. he won't break that up for less money. now if they don't offer, he'll go to miami. that's my immediate and totally uninformed guess.

I hope you're joking, because that's ridiculous. How they draft can still easily be graded by how much better or worse they could have done with the options available. To say that they performed "A" type work for just accepting something that fell into their laps is ****ing stupid.
You grade drafts by talent. There's no curve. New Orleans got the most talent in the draft. By far. With just Anthony Davis. That's an A.Still think Lebron has an anxiety disorder?
You grade drafts by talent. There's no curve. New Orleans got the most talent in the draft. By far. With just Anthony Davis. That's an A.
You're incorrect, but whatever. I'm not interested in debating why. You grade a GM's job based on what he does with what he has. If he has 3 first rounders, picks A. Davis first, and then gives away his second two picks to the Thunder for $10, then that GM should be fired, not applauded and given an "A" by you, for picking A. Davis.
Still think Lebron has an anxiety disorder?
Are you implying that if he has a good series then that means he doesn't? Because my contention is that mental disorders don't work that way. When Royce becomes a starter in two years, and is getting double-doubles every night, that won't mean that he is in perfect mental health. I feel like that's obvious.

First of probably many really dumb signings and I like WallaceAdrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBAThe Nets have reached agreement on a 4 year, $40 million contract with Gerald Wallace, league sources confirm. NY Post first reported.

You're incorrect, but whatever. I'm not interested in debating why. You grade a GM's job based on what he does with what he has. If he has 3 first rounders, picks A. Davis first, and then gives away his second two picks to the Thunder for $10, then that GM should fired, not applauded and given an "A" by you, for picking A. Davis.Are you implying that if he has a good series then that means he doesn't? Because my contention is that mental disorders don't work that way. When Royce becomes a starter in two years, and is getting double-doubles every night, that won't mean that he is in perfect mental health. I feel like that's obvious.
That's your way of grading a GM's draft performance. Not mine and not Chad Ford's. And since ours focuses on how they did relative to everyone else I think it's clearly the best way......otherwise you would be grading on a slightly different curve for every team which is ridiculous. So you're incorrect and I have explained why. You are most welcome. The fact that you have to invent a completely unrealistic scenario is telling.I'm implying that Lebron has had a great career full of clutch moments (2007, 2009, parts of 2011 and all of 2012) and that the fact that he had one bad stretch of three games in the 2011 NBA finals is a sign of nothing and comparing Lebron to someone with an actual disorder is absurd.Portland offers a max deal for Roy Hibbert. LOL.

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNICMeanwhile, ESPN reports Raptors have offered Steve Nash $36 million over three years.Nash not only will help them on the courst but in Toronto probably only LeBron and Kobe would sell as many tickets.

they've started the dwight howard trade rumor bullshit again. i can't take anymore of his wishy washy nonsense. somebody do something here and do it quick. like trade him to the lakers and all will be forgiven. then move pau to the rockets for lowry and k mart and oh butter biscuits its on and poppin.

This seems a bit high for the Bulls to be able to match.Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBARockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract, league source tells Y! Sports.Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBAAs a restricted free agent, the Bulls will have three days to match Asik offer sheet after it's signed on July 11th.

bulls won't match. they can't. apparently the rockets exploited the gilbert arenas rule. somebody wrote a good article about it.and a big **** you to dwight howard. if he'd just sign an extension in LA this would be over. ****in loser.

The fact that you have to invent a completely unrealistic scenario is telling.
I don't really care about draft grades since you can't really grade a draft for at least three years, but this statement is incorrect.You take the theory out to the extremes to highlight the flaw in the logic. I agree with brv's line of thinking on draft grades.Dwight Howard might have mental problems. Brooklyn is the only team he'll sign an extension with, so no other team will trade for him. And Brooklyn won't trade for him because they can just sign him the following year. D-Will will have a friendly agreement with Howard that he's coming, so he'll re-sign with the Nets (for a lot more money than with Dallas). Of course, if I was D-Will, I wouldn't believe anything Dwight says.Simmons and somebody else (Chad Ford?) were talking about a scenario that involved both Nash and Gasol ending up on Toronto. I don't know who was going to LA in that scenario.It's funny that Portland wastes a draft pick on a center and makes a max offer to Hibbert when their best lineups are with Aldridge at the center.
Simmons and somebody else (Chad Ford?) were talking about a scenario that involved both Nash and Gasol ending up on Toronto. I don't know who was going to LA in that scenario.
I'm guessing Barney, Calderon and other stuff would be involved in a Gasol deal with The Raptors.
I'm guessing Barney, Calderon and other stuff would be involved in a Gasol deal with The Raptors.
I would do this trade if I were the Lakers. How would you feel about it for the Raptors? Would it depend on if you're also getting Nash?
Hibbert isn't worth max money. Pacers, however, are basically forced to match the offer.
I wonder how many teams make offers just to force teams to match.Lamar Odom to the Clippers is interesting.This Olympic team is losing a lot of guys to injury.
Dwight Howard might have mental problems. Brooklyn is the only team he'll sign an extension with, so no other team will trade for him.
yeah i saw that last night and was upset by it. at some point i was hoping he would get his head out of his ass and go where it makes the most sense --- to the lakers and my heart. but fine be that way.calderon and barney for pau? i don't know, i'd be okay with it i guess. the lakers just need to shake it up. pau is going to have to be sacrificed. and i really dislike bynum. i'd say trade him but you can't get value most likely. so pau has to go.

I think you can get value for Bynum because he's still young and big and talented, but freakin' Jimmy Buss won't give him up for anybody, so it has to be Pau.I don't really think a Kobe amnesty makes that much sense from a financial perspective. Do you really want to pay a guy $30m to not play for you? Especially when he's still good. Yeah, he's not at the same level he used to be, but he's better than almost everything else out there.

I would do this trade if I were the Lakers. How would you feel about it for the Raptors? Would it depend on if you're also getting Nash?
Well it all depends on getting Nash.Raptors sign Nash, Calderon becomes surplus and might even be amnesty'd so yes I would trade Barney for Gasol

The Nets have a trade in place with the Hawks, contingent upon D-Will signing with Brooklyn.Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBANets would send Jordan Williams, Petro, Farmar, Morrow and a sign-and-trade of Stevenson for Joe Johnson, sources tell Y!A bunch of poo for Joe Johnson is a good trade even if Johnson is wildly overpaid. The Nets have the money and the cap space. Except now they can't sign Dwight straight up next year; it would have to be a sign and trade. But a core of D-Will, Joe Johnson, and Dwight Howard would be something. I mean, those parts look like they would fit, right?Edit:Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA League source tells Y! that Joe Johnson deal now likely "happens with or without Deron." Nets officials are meeting with Williams right now.

You can always demand it. The team doesn't have to oblige. He's basically saying trade me to them, so you get something in return or I'll walk and you'll get nothing. But the Nets trade for Joe Johnson means the Nets aren't even in position to make that trade.@Al_Iannazzone Getting Joe Johnson means the Nets likely won't be getting Dwight Howard.So looks like Dwight needs a new home. Dallas?

he is going to the lakers. it's the only thing that makes sense (in my mind that may be insane). **** houston and their nonsense. then he'll have to sign the extension because he doesn't want to lose out on the extra money. HAHAHAHA.

I wonder if some teams will be willing to take that risk now since his obvious preferred destination is out.Now the Hawks have traded Marvin Williams for Devin Harris.I'm not really sure what the Hawks' end game is here. They're cutting salary, but who do they think they can get?