2011 And 2012 Off Season Thread

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOLY SHIT I MEAN WHAT THE HELL

he works in professional basketball, so i'm inclined to believe him.

I like that you have such strong opinions about a sport that you just started watching during these last playoffs.I wonder who Brand goes to. It's always fun when guys go from being an albatross to t

I wonder if Nash will be able to tell Kobe to F-Off when he starts playing hero ball or he gives Nash the death stare because he didn't pass to him so that he could take a contested fade away from 22 feet.

i mean i don't know about all that. but it should be interesting. they still need to move pau for some depth. but thats just my opinion. some young athleticism maybe.

i mean i don't know about all that. but it should be interesting. they still need to move pau for some depth. but thats just my opinion. some young athleticism maybe.
Well Nash is going to try and bring Grant Hill with him

so it turns out that Lamar Odum was good for something.They used the trade exemption from moving him to Dallas to get Nash.

thats so money. i wonder if this could help convince D12 that he needs to go the lake show. things are shaping up for some title runs.
lol.Are you planning on killing Lebron?
thats so money. i wonder if this could help convince D12 that he needs to go the lake show. things are shaping up for some title runs.
Honestly, I don't this is enough to make the lakers the best team in the west, much less be able to win it all. BUT, if it convinces D12 to come to the lakers? Shit is going to get real.
I wonder if Nash will be able to tell Kobe to F-Off when he starts playing hero ball or he gives Nash the death stare because he didn't pass to him so that he could take a contested fade away from 22 feet.
Apparently Kobe was recruiting Nash pretty hard. Kobe has never played with an actual point guard, so this will at least be interesting. And now they've got someone who knows how to pass it to whoever the big guy down low is.
i like grant hill. i would be okay with that.
Not exactly young athleticism, but it takes very little to upgrade the surrounding Laker parts.
Honestly, I don't this is enough to make the lakers the best team in the west, much less be able to win it all. BUT, if it convinces D12 to come to the lakers? Shit is going to get real.
No, Nash alone does not put them past OKC. But, they didn't give up anything to get him and it's not like Fisher or Sessions were providing any defense at the position, so you can't even say they lose anything on defense. Seems like it has to be a significant improvement.Beckley Mason was suggesting trading Pau for Ryan Anderson (sign and trade) and JJ Redick. That would be interesting. Finally get some shooters around Kobe and Bynum. How about a monster deal that includes the above plus the Bynum/Howard swap?To be honest, I don't even care if the Lakers still aren't the favorites. I'm just super glad they're not trotting out that same team from last year.

Nice breakdown of Royce by the Rockets:http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/film-session-royce-white

Pau for Anderson and Redick is a great idea.But why go half-assed? Pau and Bynum for D12, Anderson, and redick. Orlando gets full value, lakers get the stretch four they need with Dwight and depth.I just don't trust Bynum at all.

Pau and Bynum for D12, Anderson, and redick. Orlando gets full value, lakers get the stretch four they need with Dwight and depth.
I would do that move so fast. Soooooo fast.Raptors trade future first rounder to Houston for Kyle Lowry. But Goran Dragic is signing with Phoenix. So Houston lost both their point guards? Is Jeremy Lin signing with them now?Also, the Clips signed Jamal Crawford, which puts an end to their wooing of Ray Allen. Looks like Allen will be choosing between Boston and Miami.

For the Lakers to do Bynum for Howard, they have to know that Bynum is going to explore free agency, or Dwight signs an extension. In my opinion, if Orlando gets Bynum to sign an extension, but Dwight won't do it, the Lakers need more back from the Magic to get it done.

If a Dwight extension was the only thing holding the trade up, I roll the dice. Brooklyn has essentially taken themselves out of the running with all the moves they've made. If you get Howard now, you can offer him more money than anyone else. Then you factor in that his Adidas contract will pay him a lot more if he's in LA and it would probably be too much money for Howard to turn down. The only thing that devalues that starting 5 is that almost all of them are on the downside of their careers. It looks sexy though.

I don't even know if I want five more years of Bynum. The Lakers championship window is super small and I think you just go for it all right now. If everything falls apart, in three years you'll have all kinds of cap space to bring in the next superstar. It's not like free agents don't want to sign there.

Toronto dodged a bullet getting lowry instead of Nash.If they can get the Knicks to match on Landry fields, that's a good week.