• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you would know this how?

It seems like gender-normal white men's lives are so weighed down by the double standards placed on them that it's become pretty much impossible to get through their lives without being accused of mur

that wasn't the only issue though. THe tone of the article, the reaction to finding out she was a transexual, the use of pronouns are pretty offensive to the trans community. Also, Transvestite, is no

I don't think I've read anything on this site since the first couple days, except for the fantasy reality TV league stuff...until today. The Shia column was pretty unnecessary. What was the point of that? They just trashed a 25 yr old actor for what reason. Seems like everything I've read on this site is really negative for no apparent reason.

I probably totally disagree with your overall assessment, (I'm not even sure how you are making your claims, since you even admit that you haven't read anything for weeks) but just for the record I have a very negative opinion of Molly Lambert and her style, so I guess we kind'of agree about her. However, I would be very careful about just lumping all these very established writers together, just because they have an article published on the same site.But to comment specifically about the Shia article... did you read the Details article that it's based on? I mean, he sounds like a HUGE douchebag....

"Asked if he hooked up with Fox, LaBeouf nods affirmatively. "Look, you're on the set for six months, with someone who's rooting to be attracted to you, and you're rooting to be attracted to them," he explains. "I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen." When I inquire about Fox's status at the time with her longtime boyfriend, Brian Austin Green, LaBeouf replies, "I don't know, man. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. . . ."—repeating the phrase exactly 12 times with various intonations, as if trying to get it just right. Finally, he says, "It was what it was."• • •Whatever audiences think of Dark of the Moon—which LaBeouf swears is by far the best of the three Transformers films—the actor is plainly relieved to have fulfilled his commitment. Not that it isn't a comfortable existence, being one of the most reliable earners in Hollywood—last year he topped Forbes' "Best Actors for the Buck" list, which means his asking price of $15 million per film is considered a bargain. But LaBeouf, who also starred in Disturbia and Eagle Eye, isn't in it for the money. After a number of well-compensated roles that did little to showcase his talent, he is aware that he still has plenty to prove. "I am trying to impress myself," LaBeouf says. "I have yet to do it."As a result, he's gotten choosy. He says he's done with the action genre. Not only did he walk away while in talks for The Bourne Legacy and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, he says he lost interest during negotiations to appear in Oscar bait like 127 Hours and The Social Network. While they were all fine movies, he says, "I'm looking for Warren Beatty—type game changers."

T

I probably totally disagree with your overall assessment, (I'm not even sure how you are making your claims, since you even admit that you haven't read anything for weeks) but just for the record I have a very negative opinion of Molly Lambert and her style, so I guess we kind'of agree about her. However, I would be very careful about just lumping all these very established writers together, just because they have an article published on the same site.But to comment specifically about the Shia article... did you read the Details article that it's based on? I mean, he sounds like a HUGE douchebag....
That's why I prefaced that I hadn't read much bc I could be way off. What was wrong w whay he said inthe article you posted...It seems he answered the questions honestly, what more do you want? And if he did bang Megan Fox it doesn't matter what he says its a no win situation for him...if he didn't then yes thats a douchey answer.
What was wrong w whay he said inthe article you posted...It seems he answered the questions honestly, what more do you want?
I think that was the whole point of the article."But one does not get the sense in the Details interview that Shia is actually being his most honest self. One gets the sense he is trying to impress you."But I didn't really care for that article and agree with brv on Molly.I've been skipping a lot of articles, but there's still enough there to keep me going back to it. I liked the tarnished Oscar one.

I quite enjoyed the 'Man of god', and 'Q&A with Bill James' articles from today.Agreed on Molly Lambert, haven't really enjoyed any of her articles.I was a little perturbed that I noticed two spelling errors in today's articles, I would have thought there would be a more rigorous editing process.

I think that was the whole point of the article."But one does not get the sense in the Details interview that Shia is actually being his most honest self. One gets the sense he is trying to impress you."But I didn't really care for that article and agree with brv on Molly.I've been skipping a lot of articles, but there's still enough there to keep me going back to it. I liked the tarnished Oscar one.
I just thought it was unfair to say he's destined to be this womanizing alcoholic based a on a couple of answers to a couple of questions. She claimed to have been aware of his upbringing, but failed to realize with someone raised like he was, they're going to have different sensibilities (Lebitz!) than just about anyone they've come to know. Columns like this are why I hate a lot of writing, it was just completely unnecessary.
I just thought it was unfair to say he's destined to be this womanizing alcoholic based a on a couple of answers to a couple of questions.
I really have no idea who Molly Lambert is, but I'm assuming she is some sort of industry insider. Given this, I don't think we can conclude that her article, and the assumptions it makes, are based solely on his answers in that Details article.
I really have no idea who Molly Lambert is, but I'm assuming she is some sort of industry insider. Given this, I don't think we can conclude that her article, and the assumptions it makes, are based solely on his answers in that Details article.
Then cite things that an industry insider would know to support your "opinion."
I liked the tarnished Oscar one.
2nd. I'm glad they called them Cubas.
Cracked is the answer to all of the questions..... especially the ones that you weren't even going to ask.
I agree with brv. I think he sounds pretty douchey there.
go ahead and die.
I just thought it was unfair to say he's destined to be this womanizing alcoholic based a on a couple of answers to a couple of questions. She claimed to have been aware of his upbringing, but failed to realize with someone raised like he was, they're going to have different sensibilities (Lebitz!) than just about anyone they've come to know. Columns like this are why I hate a lot of writing, it was just completely unnecessary.
this guy gets it.
trash. shit. filth. dirty rotten nonsense.
Where's SA when I need him?
very busy, but i have time for shia. and you, poopy. do i even need to say it? the article was filth. i killed five people at work after reading it. it was a total manipulation of the facts. you call him a womanizing alcoholic, i call him awesome. you say he's arrogant and a liar, i say he's really good looking and can therefore do and say anything he wants. I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN EAGLE EYE AND DISTURBIA. get the flock outta here you jealous sheep.

i mean brian austin green (talentless hack) should be honored that shia bed his wife. he gets to go where shia has been, which is the greatest feat any normal man can achieve. obviously shia can acheive anything within the realm of imagination, as he is a living legend and godly stallion. i'll be writing an e-mail to the author of that slanderous article. i'll be representing shia in the defamation suit. LIBEL! OTHER LEGAL TERM! we'll ask for 100 BILLION in damages, punitive and compensatory and besmurchment of shia (third category i plan to invent for my brief - punishable by death). i'll make casey anthony's lawyers look like children playing with their shit on the playground. goddamn hacks let her get convicted of lying to police officers. losers. shia is my best friend. stop talking about him like he's anything less than the greatest person ever. or else!

You're going to make a sweet lawyer, SA. Has Shia ever played a lawyer? He should.

but seriously, what was the point of that article? just bashing shia for being better than everyone else? fuck that, i won't stand for it.he will win an oscar some day. book it and know i said that way back in 2006 or 2007.

i'm currently working on a screenplay based on my life. obviously shia will play me.
I thought you were busy with your hosting duties on Shiantology. I didn't think the article sounded that douchey. I mean, he's a child star. He thinks everyone wants to listen to him at all times. And what is he supposed to say about his poor role choices? I don't think he could have gotten the 127 Hours role, and he would have been over his head in SN.
but seriously, what was the point of that article? just bashing shia for being better than everyone else? fuck that, i won't stand for it.he will win an oscar some day. book it and know i said that way back in 2006 or 2007.
On board.
He thinks everyone wants to listen to him at all times.
If a magazine called me to do an interview I would probably think people would want to listen to me too.