what song best describes your poker game?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as my bankroll goes:"The vanishing"by A Perfect Circle
it's actually just called "vanishing", but half the other songs on that album start with "the".
APC is one of my favorite bands. Good choice. I never thought of it in terms of poker but I can see that now considering the lyrics:Never really here What that never Like a thought brushing up against a sighFloating away Floating away

I have a musical progression as I play. First, it's Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood which quickly gives way to Pressure by Billy Joel and finally Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. And then just silence broken by weeping. :cry:

Lonesome LoserThe Little River BandHave you heard about the lonesome loserBeaten by the queen of hearts every time Have you heard about the lonesome loserHe's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'Oohoohooh .... oooh ....Sit down, take a look at yourselfDon't you want to be somebodySomeday somebody's gonna see insideYou have to face up, you can't run and hideHave you heard about the lonesome loserBeaten by the queen of hearts every time Have you heard about the lonesome loserHe's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'Unlucky in love, least that's what they sayHe lost his head and he gambled his heart awayHe still keeps searching though there's nothing leftStaked his heart and lost, now he has to pay the cost.Have you heard about the lonesome loserBeaten by the queen of hearts every time Have you heard about the lonesome loserHe's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'"It's okay", he smiles and saysThough this loneliness is driving him crazy,He don't show what goes on in his head,but if you watch very close you'll see it all(Instrumental)Sit down, take a look at yourselfDon't you want to be somebodySomeday somebody's gonna see insideYou have to face up, you can't run and hideHave you heard about the lonesome loserBeaten by the queen of hearts every time Have you heard about the lonesome loserHe's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'Have you heard about the lonesome loser Have you heard about the lonesome loser Have you heard about the lonesome loser Now tell me have you heard about the lonesome loser

Stay or Leave - Dave Matthews ft. Tim Reynolds.Good song when it isn't exactly running well at the moment.I still want to make a pure poker playlist... arghhh.. Oh I also want to write lyrics to a song named Rocks n Rings :club:

Hey guys...There is a great themed album from the early 80's all on gambling. It is by the Alan Parson Project and it is called Turn of A Friendly Card.You may have heard 2 songs off of it... Time and Games People Play. Let me tell you, those are probably the least interesting songs on the album. The album takes you through the lows and the highs. Check it out if you can. I have no clue if you can find it on CD (I use to own the LP version) but I would love to add it back to my collection. Here is some information on it that I got from this site: http://www.theavenueonline.info/site1/tao1.htmAPP "The Turn of a Friendly Card" albumThe Alan Parsons ProjectThe Turn Of A Friendly CardThis album was originally released by Arista Records in 1980. In an Arista press kit, Eric described the album as, "a reflection of something that was going on in my subconscious. It's tied up with Monte Carlo, gambling there and taking risks generally." May Be A Price To Pay vocal: Elmer Gantry (4:52) Games People Play vocal: Lenny Zakatek (4:17) Time vocal: Eric Woolfson (5:05) I Don't Wanna Go Home vocal: Lenny Zakatek (4:54) The Gold Bug instrumental (4:28) The Turn Of A Friendly Card: i. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part One) vocal: Chris Rainbow (2:39) ii. Snake Eyes vocal: Chris Rainbow (3:17) iii. The Ace Of Swords instrumental (2:58) iv. Nothing Left To Lose vocal: Eric Woolfson (4:03) v. The Turn Of A Friendly Card (Part Two) vocal: Chris Rainbow (3:12)