Phil Ivey Press Release On Facebook

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was his good friend Barry Greenstein
Kinda strange that Barry wouldn't have had a clue this was coming ahead of time...not that $25k is really anything to him.

Interesting AP Article.http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/06/01/...ey_8494948.html

Ivey also filed suit Wednesday in Las Vegas against Tiltware LLC, a company tied to online poker operator Full Tilt Poker, saying it didn't tell him Full Tilt executives had been repeatedly warned that they were operating illegally in the United States, as federal prosecutors claim.The suit filed in Clark County District Court in Las Vegas said Tiltware, a company that provided software to Full Tilt Poker, has denied Ivey's request to pursue other professional relationships in poker. The suit claims more than $150 million in damages to Ivey's personal and professional reputation.
Chesnoff claimed in the suit that Ivey believes Full Tilt owes its players about $150 million but failed to maintain a large enough reserve account to return the funds.
He wants to be able to sign w another company and $150mm in damages, oh yeah and he's takig a stand for people like us too!
Exactly.I'm pretty sure if you broke this down by percentage, the BEST you'd find is a 50/50 split between personal posturing and 'concern for the poker community'. That said I'm not bagging on the man.

From Poker newsOn Monday evening, PokerNews brought you breaking news that Phil Ivey would not be playing the 2011 World Series of Poker. Not only that, he filed a lawsuit against Tiltware, the software and marketing company for Full Tilt Poker. On Wednesday, Tiltware released a statement in response to Ivey’s actions.Before getting to the statement, we should probably let you know that Ivey has retained Las Vegas lawyer David Z. Chesnoff for this lawsuit, which was filed in the District Court of Clark County, Nevada, and can be viewed in its entirety on Scribed. Tonight’s Nightly Turbo did a decent job in putting the lawsuit in a nutshell: “Ivey is suing for injunctive relief, declaratory relief, and damages. The first cause of action, injunctive relief, is focused on Ivey's non-compete contract and making in unenforceable. In the second cause of action, breach of contract, it says the Plaintiff (Ivey) has been damaged by lost business opportunity, lost income, and damage to his personal and professional reputation all in an amount that exceeds $150,000,000.”With that said, here is Tiltware’s statement in its entirety:“Contrary to his sanctimonious public statements, Phil Ivey’s meritless lawsuit is about helping just one player – himself. In an effort to further enrich himself at the expense of others, Mr. Ivey appears to have timed his lawsuit to thwart pending deals with several parties that would put money back in players’ pockets. In fact, Mr. Ivey has been invited -- and has declined -- to take actions that could assist the company in these efforts, including paying back a large sum of money he owes the site. Tiltware doubts Mr. Ivey’s frivolous and self-serving lawsuit will ever get to court. But if it does, the company looks forward to presenting facts demonstrating that Mr. Ivey is putting his own narrow financial interests ahead of the players he professes to help.”As always, PokerNews will be bringing you all the latest developments in regards to the Ivey-Tiltware lawsuit as they happen. In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

WOWCertainly a 'smart move' by Ivey and he is definitely separating himself from the situation and is trying to avoid legal action himself by being associated with FullTilt and basically claiming he was just a patsy/pawn that was used and abused and had no idea that fulltilt was operating illegally in the US and they didnt have the funds in a separate account (even though it clearly states on full tilts websites the player funds are not segregated from their operating funds.)Three biggest things that popped out to me:1) $150,000,000+ in damages of reputation, lost income, reputation defamation, humiliation, etc. :club:bjBHFT4DPr96jmc_KNUZ.png2) Talk about throwing Fulltilt under the bus (rightfully so maybe), but to 'play dumb' that you didn't know online poker was illegal in the US when you are one of the biggest poker pros in the world on one of the largest online poker sites in the world is just kinda silly.unmZ9XZwaORlZHJ0_Uwh.png3) This made me laugh:eLpmSy0hLsgxExYI69Wr.png
including paying back a large sum of money he owes the site.
interesting twist, wonder how much Ivey is 'stuck' there?

While I'm sure Ivey has some selfish motives, I don't see how not playing WSOP events benefits him other than not wanting to take all the crap he's likely to receive if he shows up there. I also think it's ridiculous of Tiltware/Full Tilt to be saying that they can't pay players back because they were dumb enough to let some of their pros play with money they didn't have, which I guess is why they're saying Ivey owes them money. That is very bad business anyway you look at it, if you even believe it. Selfish or otherwise at least Ivey has come out and said something which is more than I can say for the other team FTP pros. Not to mention how in the hole to FTP can Ivey be since from what I've read he made over 20 million online at FTP. It's certainly not like he was a losing player. I call BS on FTP. Sounds more to me like they were trying to get their top pros to put money the till to help them pay people back. I can't imagine how anyone (non US or otherwise) can trust Full Tilt at this point.

I find it funny that Full Tilt was so tight lipped when it came to responding to players' money/payouts but reacted with lightening fast speed when the IVEY story broke.Also ironically there's more action away from the tables than at the tables.Can anyone comment at the vibe at the RIO?

He probably knows Full Tilt is a sinking ship and wants out.Look for a press conference this summer probably held in a school gymnasium surrounded by a bunch of kids where he decides which site he signs with.Pokerstars? Willaim Hill? or Harrahs?My bet is William Hill.

He probably knows Full Tilt is a sinking ship and wants out.Look for a press conference this summer probably held in a school gymnasium surrounded by a bunch of kids where he decides which site he signs with.Pokerstars? Willaim Hill? or Harrahs?My bet is William Hill.
I think he wants to rep Harrah's/caesars - first pro signed for WSOP.comHarrah's/caesars - is set to IPO in the next year or two if he was smart he should sign for a smaller amount in cash and take stock options.

About Pokerlawyer, hate that she quoted Nick Rainey, he's such a tool and I wouldn't believe a word he ever says. But other than that I agree with her.

Mr NegreanuFrom What I've read about Ivey's actual lawsuit it has verry little in trying to actually get players funds back. My question is simple.If you had a large sum of money on FTP, you were a pro on FTP, You were not able to get your money off the site, Would you file a lawsuit that would be able to be considered you a "Class Representative" in a Class action Lawsuit so other people with outstanding balances could join the Class Action and try to get their outstanding funds back?Again its my understand that in Ivey's lawsuit as it is written, he(Ivey) cannot be considered a "Class Representative" and their is no way players with money owed to them by FTP can join his lawsuit.It is also my understanding that Phil Can amend his suit and file other suit's in other districts where this could be possible.Thank You Mr NegreanuRodney