Wsop Event #2 $25k Heads Up No-limit Hold'em Championship

Event #2 of the 2011 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas is the $25K Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship that begins at 5 PM Vegas time and Daniel will be playing.This is one of the events that ESPN is filming for TV which means that the final table will be on ESPN3 online but not on the WSOP website.I'm pretty sure that there is a 256 player cap on the number of entrants.Updates are being provided by Poker News and Daniel will be sending updates via Twitter. He's going to experiment with sending his chip counts to a new Twitter Account @DNChipsGood Luck Danielhttp://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/http://twitter.com/#!/RealKidPoker/http://twitter.com/#!/DNChipsDaniel's Twitter UpdatesRealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuTough 1st rd vs Alexander Kostritsyn. We have some history playing, and I'm looking forward to it.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips off to a good start 84k after rd 1. Start with 75kRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips 76,700 after rd 2. Lost a big one with K3 diamonds flop K84 2 diamonds he hit A9RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips down to 64k after rd 3 blinds 400-800 nowRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips lost flip on river 77 vs Q8. Down to 50k and used my rebuyRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips down to 25k A3 vs KK flop AK6. 600-1200 blindsRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips ugly last hand KJ vs 85 he limp called a raise. Flop J85 2 diamonds I have Jd. Turn 4d. I need 4JK or d. River miss. Out.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips he played well. I lost all the flips we played. Plenty of events left ha! Omaha 8 tomorrow at noon.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuLost to Kostritsyn in rd 1. He played really well and won all the key flip potsRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips key hand of the match I raised K3 diamonds he 3 bet I called. Flop K84 2 diamonds he bet I called. Turn A he bet I call.. river 3 he bet about 11k. I tanked for a while and called. He had A9 no diamond. I didn't raise turn so felt he'd bluff there lots.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips I hit a few hands early when the blinds were small but then fizzled down the stretch.

Event #2 of the 2011 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas is the $25K Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship that begins at 5 PM Vegas time and Daniel will be playing.This is one of the events that ESPN is filming for TV which means that the final table will be on ESPN3 online but not on the WSOP website.I'm pretty sure that there is a 256 player cap on the number of entrants.Updates are being provided by Poker News and Daniel will be sending updates via Twitter. He's going to experiment with sending his chip counts to a new Twitter Account @DNChipsGood Luck Danielhttp://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...eries-of-poker/http://twitter.com/#!/RealKidPoker/http://twitter.com/#!/DNChipsDaniel's Twitter Updates
I thought he mentioned in his Twitter that he wasn't to use that new account after all. I could be wrong and you're closer to Daniel than me. :)Edit:
RealKidPoker Daniel NegreanuMy other account will have 0 tweets. I'm only tweeting from one account. No one will follow just @DNChips cause they'll get nothing.
I thought he mentioned in his Twitter that he wasn't to use that new account after all. I could be wrong and you're closer to Daniel than me. :)Edit:
It's all a little confusing and I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work but I think he's trying to make it so that his chip updates will only show up for people who are following him at both accounts so that those that don't want his chip updates won't be flooded with updates.I'm not sure if it's going to work as he's planning.

Just read this off his twitter.

RealKidPoker Daniel NegreanuWSOP first event less than an hour away. Remember, if you want chip count and hand updates follow @DNChips

$25,000 Heads Up World ChampionshipPosted 6 minutes ago by Paul_OresteenThe 2011 World Series of Poker wasted no time for their big buy-in action with the $25,000 Heads Up World Championship starting on the first day. Registration is capped at 256 entrants, which most likely will not be met. Tonight’s action will see two rounds action, beginning at 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. respectively. The triple chance format allows for a 25,000 starting stack, with two add-ons of 50,000. Players can opt to start with the whole 75,000. Last year’s Championship event was a $10,000 buy in, which did max out at 256 runners. Ayaz Mahmood won the event, banking just over $625,000, after outlasting Ernst Schmejkal. The top ten finishers included Jason Somerville, Alexander Kostritsyn, Vanessa Rousso and Gavin Smith.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/

It's all a little confusing and I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to work but I think he's trying to make it so that his chip updates will only show up for people who are following him at both accounts so that those that don't want his chip updates won't be flooded with updates.I'm not sure if it's going to work as he's planning.
if he tweets @someoneyoudontfollow then it wont show up on your feed. if you follow @dnchips then when he tweets @dnchips it should work. I think thats what you're saying? Sounds like it might work.

RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuTough 1st rd vs Alexander Kostritsyn. We have some history playing, and I'm looking forward to it.1 minute ago

stream doesnt seem to be workingor is it just me?
It was working. then it went to this stream will be available count down thingy.....I have faith it will be working again soon.
It was working. then it went to this stream will be available count down thingy.....I have faith it will be working again soon.
thanks its working now - thought it might have been as i was in uk and not ushope it keeps up hope we have dnegs on it
I hope the live streaming for other events is a lot more useful than this is.
my thoughts exactlyeven if the camera was above the table looking down then u could see the players hands at showdown and the board lolall u will see from this is who drags the pot lol

RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips down to 25k A3 vs KK flop AK6. 600-1200 blindsRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips ugly last hand KJ vs 85 he limp called a raise. Flop J85 2 diamonds I have Jd. Turn 4d. I need 4JK or d. River miss. Out.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips he played well. I lost all the flips we played. Plenty of events left ha! Omaha 8 tomorrow at noon.RealKidPokerDaniel NegreanuLost to Kostritsyn in rd 1. He played really well and won all the key flip potsRealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips key hand of the match I raised K3 diamonds he 3 bet I called. Flop K84 2 diamonds he bet I called. Turn A he bet I call.. river 3 he bet about 11k. I tanked for a while and called. He had A9 no diamond. I didn't raise turn so felt he'd bluff there lots.RealKidPokerDaniel Negreanu@dnchips I hit a few hands early when the blinds were small but then fizzled down the stretch.

Apparently no Ivey in the 25k HU..........................also the stream is working now
check out Phil Ivey statement of Facebook and the thread on 2+2

Security!Posted 7 minutes ago by EricRamseyJohn JuandaWell, we've had our first real drama of the summer. James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off. It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced. "Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...post.182501.htm

this is so Sad, it's getting out of control. It's not Ivey's or JJ 's fault. I feel bad for most of the Pro's at FTP, it's management fault

Round 2 Draw!Posted 2 minutes ago by EricRamsey • Level 10Here are the second round matchups:David Benyamine vs Erik SagstromAlexander Kostritsyn vs Anthony GuettiChris Moorman vs Chris MooreRichard Lyndaker vs Vivek RajkumarDani Stern vs Michael PesekJake Cody vs Frank KasselaShawn Buchanan vs Isaac HaxtonJonathan Jaffe vs Masaaki KagawaZach Hyman vs Ashton GriffinBryn Kenney vs Tom DwanDaniel Alaei vs Justin BonomoGus Hansen vs Greg BrooksSteve Billirakis vs Benjamin TollerenceTrevor Pope vs David BakerShaun Deeb vs Matthew MarafiotiAntonio Esfandiari vs Maxim LykovEric Froehlich vs. Scott ClementsSteve Zolotow vs. Ayaz MahmoodJohn Duthie vs. Jonathan DuhamelCarlos Mortensen vs. Amit MakhijaPaul Volpe vs. Mikhail SmirnovDarren Elias vs. Lex VeldhuisErik Cajelais vs. Scott SeiverMartin Kabrhel vs. Nikolay EvdakovYevgeniy Timoshenko vs. Dan CatesAlex Kravchenko vs. Armitraj SinghOlivier Busquet vs. Justin SmithAndrew Robl vs. Erick LindgrenKunimaro Kojo vs. Eugene KatchalovVanessa Rousso vs. Nick SchulmanBruno Launais vs. David ParedesKenny Tran vs. John JuandaRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/

Day 1 Out in Two RoundsPosted 24 minutes ago by EricRamsey• Level 12 The first-ever $25,000 Heads-Up Championship is two rounds old, and we've reduced our 128 starting players down to just 32. As you'd expect with an event with this kind of price tag, the field was small and elite and mostly made up of familiar faces. David Williams, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Laak, Jason Mercier, and Michael Mizrachi all fell to their first round opponents. Dan Cates, Erick Lindgren, Scott Seiver, David Baker, Vanessa Rousso, Jonathan Duhamel, Shaun Deeb, and Scott Clements advanced through one round before succumbing in the second round of the night. That's a pretty solid crew of already-eliminated players, but we're still flush with talent in this thinning field. John Duthie finished second in the $10,000 Heads-Up event here in 2009, and he's still alive with a shot at Carlos Mortensen in Round 3. In the European version of the event, Gus Hansen took home a bracelet for shipping the £10,000 Heads-Up event at the WSOP-E last fall, and he'll face off against Daniel Alaei in tomorrow's first battle. We've also got Chris Moorman, Olivier Busquet, John Juanda, David Benyamine, Andrew Robl, Yevgeniy Timoshenko, and the Tom Dwan. Told you it was a stacked field. Here's how the rest of the bracket draws out for tomorrow's money round: David Benyamine vs. Anthony Guetti Chris Moorman vs. Richard Lyndaker Dani Stern vs. Jake Cody Isaac Haxton vs. Jonathan Jaffe Ashton Griffin vs. Tom Dwan Daniel Alaei vs. Gus Hansen Steve Blilirakis vs. Trevor Pope Matt Marafioti vs. Maxim Lykov Eric Froehlich vs. Steve Zolotow John Duthie vs. Carlos Mortenson Jason Smirnov vs. Darren Elias Erik Cajelais vs. Nikolay Evdakov Yevgeniy Timshenko vs. Amritraj Singh Oliver Busquet vs. Andrew Robl Kunimaro Kojo vs. Nick Shulman David Paredes vs. John Juanda That's all we have from the Rio for tonight, but we want to thank you for joining us today to kick off this 2011 WSOP. There's plenty more tomorrow (and for the next seven weeks), so keep your browser pointed here as we tick a few bracelets off the list. We've still got three more days of play left before we crown a champion in this event, and play resumes at 3:00 P.M. tomorrow. Until tomorrow, all that's left is goodnight.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...m-championship/

Security!Posted 7 minutes ago by EricRamseyJohn JuandaWell, we've had our first real drama of the summer. James Bord was dispensed by David "Bakes" Baker a few minutes ago to end his day early, but he lurked around long enough for John Juanda to win his match at another table. From what we gather, Bord had made a comment earlier in the day, and Juanda waited until his match was over to continue the conversation. When he asked Bord what the problem was, the Brit went off. It all happened right near our desk, and it was Bord doing most of the yelling. We heard, "You're a thieving prick," "you're a disgrace", and "you're a fake and disgusting human being," among other things. Juanda was trying to get a word in edgewise, but Bord wasn't giving him space. Finally, the words came that ended the altercation. "If I see you in the parking lot, I'm going to beat your ass," Bord announced. "Floor!" Juanda called, and both the floor staff and security were there immediately. The two men had to be separated, and the staff members took both men out of the room to settle the problem in a more appropriate spot.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...post.182501.htm
We ever find out what the beef was?
We ever find out what the beef was?
Daniel on quadjacks said that he doesn't actually think it has anything to do with Tilt but is a personal matter between Bord and Junada. I don't think we're going to get any exact information.
Daniel on quadjacks said that he doesn't actually think it has anything to do with Tilt but is a personal matter between Bord and Junada. I don't think we're going to get any exact information.
That makes more sense because I thought I read in the post the Bord was British. Me thinks David Benyamine is going to have a monster series.