Welcome Back Winnipeg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I guess my "meh" was leaning more towards disappointment, but I agree with the overall definition of the term "meh", sooooo, I also do not know what to think, or what I think. BAH!

But what division do you put Detroit in? Who do you move out of that division? Which team do you move to the south east?
My guess is they cant do much this year until they know whats happening with Phx. But if Phx and everyone else is here to stay....Id seriously consider moving Boston to the Atlantic. Let the Islanders move out of Long Island.And Dallas should move to southeast.PacificSj, Ana, LA, Phx, COL (Dallas out, Colorado makes more sense)NWVan, Cgy, Edm,Wpg, ??? (Col+Min out, Wpg in, move NYI to Saskatoon!)CentralNas, Chi, StL, Clb, MINAtlanticNYR, NJ, PIT, PHI, BOSSoutheastTB, Car, Was, Fla, DALNEastTor, Buf, Mtl, Ott, DETYa, this all tells me Det isnt going anywhere. But I think Dallas in SE, and Minny in Central makes most sense.They need a whole new alignment. Washington should be in Atlantic with Boston.Go back to 4 divisions maybe?

I am anxiously awaiting the news so I can order my Zach Bogosian Winnipeg Jets jersey.

If and when this is made official, it will be extremely interesting what will happen with this team on July 1.Assuming ownership will open up the vault and spend to the cap, will FAs freely go to Winnipeg? or should we assume they will spend to the cap? Atlanta/Winnipeg has about $21 million in cap space and 17 players already under contract for next year. They are only behind the Islanders in $/open roster spot.

If and when this is made official, it will be extremely interesting what will happen with this team on July 1.Assuming ownership will open up the vault and spend to the cap, will FAs freely go to Winnipeg? or should we assume they will spend to the cap? Atlanta/Winnipeg has about $21 million in cap space and 17 players already under contract for next year. They are only behind the Islanders in $/open roster spot.
Well, obv their first move would have to be to get Selanne to come back...
Well, obv their first move would have to be to get Selanne to come back...
Randy Carlyle to coach?

I forgot all about Bogosian! That would be a very cool Jets jersey to have. May I sir? btw, do you have the Thrashers one? I wonder in the next few weeks where we can pick some up on sale. :club: I cant imagine Winnipeg having an easier time in getting FA's than Edmonton ever did. Most players will still balk at playing there, and the team isnt good enough to get players to come just to win. For at least the first couple of years, FA's will be tough I imagine.

I forgot all about Bogosian! That would be a very cool Jets jersey to have. May I sir? btw, do you have the Thrashers one? I wonder in the next few weeks where we can pick some up on sale. :club: I cant imagine Winnipeg having an easier time in getting FA's than Edmonton ever did. Most players will still balk at playing there, and the team isnt good enough to get players to come just to win. For at least the first couple of years, FA's will be tough I imagine.
I dont have a Thrashers one. My local National Sports has ridicolous sales on Jerseys with names of traded players.They have Jason Blake and Toskala Leaf Jerseys for like $30
I dont have a Thrashers one. My local National Sports has ridicolous sales on Jerseys with names of traded players.They have Jason Blake and Toskala Leaf Jerseys for like $30
I saw a Chris Bosh the other day for $11. :club:
I saw a Chris Bosh the other day for $11. :club:
lol I bought a Bosh and a Turkoglu a few months ago for $20 for the pair.
lol I bought a Bosh and a Turkoglu a few months ago for $20 for the pair.
geezus a Turkogklu? thats brutal! lolits not bad enough hes Turk, hes also a lazy bastard who took the money and stop playing ball and whined. Id keep the Bosh. Id pick up dog litter with the Turkoglu.to get back on topic, and Ill say it again.....they better find a way to go with Winnipeg Jets.someone on my hockey team told me last night the name might not be available, still someone else's property. Anyone else hear this?
geezus a Turkogklu? thats brutal! lolits not bad enough hes Turk, hes also a lazy bastard who took the money and stop playing ball and whined. Id keep the Bosh. Id pick up dog litter with the Turkoglu.to get back on topic, and Ill say it again.....they better find a way to go with Winnipeg Jets.someone on my hockey team told me last night the name might not be available, still someone else's property. Anyone else hear this?
Apparently the Raptors are eyeing drafting another Turk, who is highly touted..However he refused to workout with the Raptors. I am pretty sure he has talked to Turkoglu and he bad mouthed the city and the franchise.
Apparently the Raptors are eyeing drafting another Turk, who is highly touted..However he refused to workout with the Raptors. I am pretty sure he has talked to Turkoglu and he bad mouthed the city and the franchise.
You are wrong about Enes Kantor.He is scheduled to work out with the Raptors in Chicago.There was some miscommunication about an e-mail not being forwarded from his agent when he had to reschedule some interviews with a few teams including the Raptors.
to get back on topic, and Ill say it again.....they better find a way to go with Winnipeg Jets.someone on my hockey team told me last night the name might not be available, still someone else's property. Anyone else hear this?
The Phoenix Coyotes own the rights to the name (I guess this means the NHL owns it?).
The Phoenix Coyotes own the rights to the name (I guess this means the NHL owns it?).
I'm guessing if the NHL owns the rights to the Winnipeg Jets name it will be a total non-issue.
But then they're just giving up all their retro merchandise sales money.
ya, I think the problem is that the NHL that owns the Coyotes might need to keep it, to help sell the Coyotes a year from now, just as another revenue generator as part of the franchise.thats assuming the sales are worth much if anything. stupid.
ya, I think the problem is that the NHL that owns the Coyotes might need to keep it, to help sell the Coyotes a year from now, just as another revenue generator as part of the franchise.thats assuming the sales are worth much if anything. stupid.
They'll be worth jack and shit if the new Winnipeg team isn't called the Jets anymore. There isn't exactly a big market for Atlanta Flames apparel.