• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT: Your opinion is incorrect. Spy Game cannot be considered in the Top 50 of any lists, except maybe Top 50 Wastes of my Time.
Your exception invalidates the entire argument.

You guys are nuts. Spy Game is awesome.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this... but, Spy Game was the last movie I saw in theaters.Not ashamed 'cause that was the movie, just a little ashamed 'cause I haven't been to the movies in so long.I actually really like Spy Game. It's such a good movie. Just not top 50, for me.

John, the only movie on your list that I've actually seen is the Wizard of Oz, which I obviously saw as a kid but probably not in the last 20 years or so. I'll have to see about Netflixing some of the others on the list, I've heard great things about Stalag 17 and The Great Escape.
Start out with The Great Escape. It is top three all time for me (Great Escape, Raiders of the lost Ark and Shawshank Redemption) and depending on my mood, it could be #1.
Full Disclosure: I don't remember Spy Game at all. Is that the movie where brad Pitt waves at Redford through an apartment window while drinking some stolen tea?
Well, he didn't steal it. He convinced a stranger to give him tea and take him to the balcony of his apartment within 5 minutes.
Full Disclosure: I don't remember Spy Game at all. Is that the movie where brad Pitt waves at Redford through an apartment window while drinking some stolen tea?
Until nthis post, I thought you guys were talking about the movie with the kids who are spies. Now it dawns on me that I was thinking of 'Spy Kids'.I'm not sure if this makes me like brv's list more or less.
Until nthis post, I thought you guys were talking about the movie with the kids who are spies. Now it dawns on me that I was thinking of 'Spy Kids'.I'm not sure if this makes me like brv's list more or less.
lol, I was thinking of Spy Kids also.

Another 5...Crouching Tiger, Hidden DragonSichin No Samurai (The snobby Japanese title lol)From Here to Eternity (and pretty much every movie Monty Clift is in)Stop Making SenseLittle Miss Sunshine (Toni Collette is one of the best actresses, imo)

• 10 months later...
We should do a list of movies that you're embarrassed to admit you really like.
Dream Machine (1991)Mystery DateA Winner Never QuitsSpeedBack to the Future Part 2 and Part 3The Muppets Christmas CarolThe WizardThe Last Starfighter
But I'm thinking about creating an Access database (or, more likely, a spreadsheet) of every movie I've seen.
Oh man, I started this, but never updated it. So I've got almost a year's worth of movies to add.
brvheart-style backtracking
Ahh, the precursor to "classic brvheart defense."
We should do a list of movies that you're embarrassed to admit you really like.
The Ang Lee Hulk movie.

Here are some movies that I'm NOT embarrassed to like, and I will fight you over.xXx.. I mean, if anyone can't see the genius of an XTREME James Bond, then I pity them, I really do.Cruel Intentions- words can't describe how attractive I find SMG in that movie.Face/Off- Yes it's ridiculous. Yes, you can have a face transplant surgery. But god, the movie is so much fun, so many great action scenes. So much ridiculous Cage/Travolta over acting. I love it.Titanic- I think people have back lashed against this movie too much, because it won the oscar and SO many people went to see it, and yes.. as a love story, it's not interesting. But... I mean... THE GIANT FUCKING SHIP SANK, YOU JADDED MOTHERFUCKERS. Once that movie hits the iceburg, it's like a anti-shark jump. All of the sudden, this cheesey, Melodramatic movie gets REAL AS FUCK. The sinking scenes are just amazing, are real, terrifying high drama. I Think it's easily the best disaster movie of all time. One thing.. if you've never seen the movie in the big screen, you should go to the 3-D version. There's just something about having the whole screen filled with a sinking ship that's just amazing. Also, another thing about the movie that I Think gets forgotten is how cutting edge it's use of digital effects were. Prior to that movie, digital effects were all terrible and looked fake, like the snake in Anaconda. Titanic was the first movie I saw ever to use digital effects in a sophisticated way.

Cruel Intentions- words can't describe how attractive I find SMG in that movie.
Oh yeah. I really wish the other chick was more attractive because that kissing scene.
Once that movie hits the iceburg, it's like a anti-shark jump. All of the sudden, this cheesey, Melodramatic movie gets REAL AS FUCK. The sinking scenes are just amazing, are real, terrifying high drama.
I agree with this.Speaking of backlash, I think Forrest Gump is over-criticized because it beat out Pulp Fiction and Shawshank. Yes, I think those movies are clearly better, but I think FG is still a good movie.
Oh yeah. I really wish the other chick was more attractive because that kissing scene.I agree with this.Speaking of backlash, I think Forrest Gump is over-criticized because it beat out Pulp Fiction and Shawshank. Yes, I think those movies are clearly better, but I think FG is still a good movie.
Oh, wow. Those were all the same year?Best year of movies ever? Has to be, right?