• 4 months later...

Then you should see his other stuff.

• 1 year later...

I saw this movie three years ago on the big screen, and not since. Other Malick I've seen

Days of Heaven (small screen)

And that's it--I think I'm trying to wait to see his movies on the big screen, and I've taken a couple years off movie going.

I still think about the

lawn scene, when the father literally gets angry the grass is better on the other side.

More than the storytelling, I think about the visuals, and how the the two intersected to become a swirling nonlinear dreamy, beautiful world.

Current topic of discussion requiring opinions: which animal would give the best blowjob?

Is this topic still open? I'd like to nominate the human animal, with the fleshlite of the sea (tm BigD) a close second.

• Like 1

I saw this movie three years ago on the big screen, and not since. Other Malick I've seen

Days of Heaven (small screen)

And that's it--I think I'm trying to wait to see his movies on the big screen, and I've taken a couple years off movie going.

I still think about the

lawn scene, when the father literally gets angry the grass is better on the other side.

More than the storytelling, I think about the visuals, and how the the two intersected to become a swirling nonlinear dreamy, beautiful world.

Yep. The story presentation was fantastic. I would imagine that most of my friends would stop liking me if I made them watch it. It's pace is definitely not for everyone, and I knew that going in. It's been sitting on my DVR for 2 years, until I was in just the right mood. I'm actually glad I waited since I had already missed the theater run anyway.

Also: I miss Ebert. What a fantastic review. Thanks for posting it.

Is this topic still open?

Oh nuts. Nope sorry. That one has been closed down. You just missed the window.

Btw Frau, did you notice the proof earlier in this thread that it's my fault that you finally came into the sick thread. Brv gets 100% credit. Screw JJJ.

• Like 1

Btw Frau, did you notice the proof earlier in this thread that it's my fault that you finally came into the sick thread. Brv gets 100% credit. Screw JJJ.

I did not see that proof you speak of. I'm surprised how long I've been posting on this site. I tried to illustrate my feelings, and how I started in the various threads.

trees-5.jpg

Oh, that proof. Well, I remember you pm'ing me right away, when I started posting in the movies thread. Or the music thread.

Edited by frautotenkinder
  • Like 1

I hope that sonofabitch is dead.

JESUS!

• Like 1