Bovada (Bodog) Rail Calls

I mean, Comcast isn't specifically blocking Bovada, but they are/were blocking .lv domains via DNS, so it is sort of their fault.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck Co.   (Good luck CaneBrain)   I was going to sweat you Co, but I can't sweat both of you because I'm on a laptop and am 3-tabling, and tbh neither of you are all that important in my li

If you just lost the biggest pot of your life at PLO to a 2-outer binking a straight-flush, I would like to provide some context:   a) This is the third time I've played PLO   b) I am drunk as shi

i spit on two plus two. A guy on there hurt my feelings once and wouldn't say he was sorry. I was pissed. So I guess I will never know the answer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with the site today?

Keep getting disconnected

Just read back on post- I have comcast. I will try the fix and see if it helps

Anyone else having trouble with the site today?

Keep getting disconnected

Just read back on post- I have comcast. I will try the fix and see if it helps

It did not work for me- constant disconnects. I had to log off and the restart the whole program to reconnect. Finally pushed some marginal spots and busted. meh

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Canadian here and moving to the States next week..

We are going to be in California for a while...

One of the biggest things Ill miss about Canada, is being able to play on Pokerstars.

I know that playing on Bovada is technically illegal, or gray area at best....Or maybe the funding of account..

Regardless what is everyone's experiences like cashing out, liquidity and such?

How do you fund your account? How is the action?

Thanks

First, be prepared for Poker Withdrawals. Depends on what you like to play. $20 and under Single Table SNGs are slim. No chance on any 2-3 table and no 180s or anything like that. If you are a night owl, then there is hardly any SNGs going after about 2am or so. They run alot of full tourneys and guaranteed, but the other night I did a $10 guaranteed $500 tourney (or something like that, but it was a guarantee), and it needed a minimum of 8 players and only 7 signed up. There is a good spread of lower limit cash games. I would say more cash game action than SNGs for sure. I have only loaded twice and no cash outs, but I have used a Net Spend card (Prepaid card available at any drug store, grocery store, etc.). Really miss the poker stars days that for sure. I thought at one time cobalt was a full time poker player. I have wondered if it is even slightly possible to profit part-time money on there. I would assume it is really more of a hobby/fun site rather than a business (from a player stand-point). But, it works. I don't have the time to put in a ton of hours like I use to. I might get in about 4-5 hours a month (1-2 sessions).

First, be prepared for Poker Withdrawals. Depends on what you like to play. $20 and under Single Table SNGs are slim. No chance on any 2-3 table and no 180s or anything like that. If you are a night owl, then there is hardly any SNGs going after about 2am or so. They run alot of full tourneys and guaranteed, but the other night I did a $10 guaranteed $500 tourney (or something like that, but it was a guarantee), and it needed a minimum of 8 players and only 7 signed up. There is a good spread of lower limit cash games. I would say more cash game action than SNGs for sure. I have only loaded twice and no cash outs, but I have used a Net Spend card (Prepaid card available at any drug store, grocery store, etc.). Really miss the poker stars days that for sure. I thought at one time cobalt was a full time poker player. I have wondered if it is even slightly possible to profit part-time money on there. I would assume it is really more of a hobby/fun site rather than a business (from a player stand-point). But, it works. I don't have the time to put in a ton of hours like I use to. I might get in about 4-5 hours a month (1-2 sessions).

Thanks That helps.

One advantage of living in California for me is that I will be 10-15 minute drive from two large poker rooms. I prefer live play anyways.

Here in Toronto the closest live poker is 45 min to an hour away. Long waits at times and the rooms are run so poorly.

In a canadian poker table , you are banished for even looking at your phone. In vegas and california I can watch a movie on my iPad.

Corvair, depends on what you mean by full time (it is my sole source of income these days and has been for a few years), but yeah, I mostly play on Bovada. Been playing there for over ten years now. Probably played about 40 hours per month on there since October - I should play more. It is the best online poker option for US players (though there are some others that are okay too).

serge, check withdrawals are reliable and pretty speedy. Usually come through within a week.

serge, check withdrawals are reliable and pretty speedy. Usually come through within a week.

I actually just made my first withdrawal from Bovada on Wednesday, and it was in my bank yesterday.