Bush isn't being judged for his actions, he is being judged on the motivation behind his actions.By a guy who never met him.That you are defending.See, your actions are why I called you left, because I in fact did judge you based on your actions/posts.You are idolizing some guy who is telling you that Bush didn't use facts to make a decision, he used faith.Do you see why I am right and you are wrong?Cause everyone else does...
If nothing else, you are certainly amusing.Your post is filled with inaccuracies, lies and hyperbole to make you appear superior to others. It may make you right, but it doesn't make you right.
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else, you are certainly amusing.
That's what she said...which I'm conflicted about her saying....
Your post is filled with inaccuracies, lies and hyperbole to make you appear superior to others.
Actually those things are called facts...I understand why you don't recognize them.
It may make you right, but it doesn't make you right.
Well done, nice to see you rising to the occasion.Commie.
That's what she said...which I'm conflicted about her saying....Actually those things are called facts...I understand why you don't recognize them.Well done, nice to see you rising to the occasion.Commie.
You can't call me a Commie...we've never met.
You can't call me a Commie...we've never met.
Just like a communist.You demand the rights that democracy affords you to spread your lies about communism.I am not allowed to do what your hero based a book on.
The NAVY SEALS needed a community organizer from Chicago to come up with a workable plan?I cannot believe the amount of koolaide you guys will drink to maintain your messiah complex of this guy.
First of all, I have no messiah complex about Obama. Killing Bin Laden is the first great thing he's done. On most other issues he's been a huge disappointment. I find it telling that instead of attacking the author of the article or attempting to refute his report academically, you instead attack me for simply posting it without me even giving any commentary on how reliable or factual or important I believe it is. And yet, "us guys" are drinking the koolaid. Second of all, Obama is no longer a community organizer from Chicago. He is the President of the United States. Before that he was a US Senator. Before that he was a State Senator. Before that he was a civil rights attorney. Before that he was a law student. Before that he was a community organizer, way back in 1988.
Let me ask you this: If Obama has spent months putting together this plan of attack, including weapons loads and field of fires responsibilities...then WHY DID IT TAKE HIM 16 HOURS TO OKAY THE PLAN HE CREATED?
Nothing you said there is what happened. Obama did not draft the attack plan himself, and the article plainly does not say anything of the sort. Many different scenarios were discussed in the days leading up to the attack, with some advisors telling him to drop a bomb, some telling him to do a ground assault, and some telling him to wait for more intel. Apparently you seem to think that the decision to enter Pakistan without telling them, land our soldiers, and carry out an assault on a target that we knew very little about beyond the apparent layout of the building should have been a snap decision. If Obama gave the order to carry out the attack and Bin Laden was not there and 2 SEALs died 12 others were captured by Pakistani military, I'm sure everybody would be saying what a terrible decision he made and that he never should have authorized a ground attack with such shaky intel and without alerting Pakistan and it's his fault the American SEALs died. You make it sound like this wasn't a potential disaster.
If Obama gave the order to carry out the attack and Bin Laden was not there and 2 SEALs died 12 others were captured by Pakistani military, I'm sure everybody would be saying what a terrible decision he made and that he never should have authorized a ground attack with such shaky intel and without alerting Pakistan and it's his fault the American SEALs died. You make it sound like this wasn't a potential disaster.
You say that like it hasn't already happened before... I doubt very much this was the first time they took out a target that may have been OBL. It was just the first that was. Scram said earlier that this wasn't a Black Op because you don't do press conferences about Black Ops. Do you think there would have been a press conference if OBL wasn't in that building?
First of all, I have no messiah complex about Obama. Killing Bin Laden is the first great thing he's done. On most other issues he's been a huge disappointment. I find it telling that instead of attacking the author of the article or attempting to refute his report academically, you instead attack me for simply posting it without me even giving any commentary on how reliable or factual or important I believe it is. And yet, "us guys" are drinking the koolaid. Second of all, Obama is no longer a community organizer from Chicago. He is the President of the United States. Before that he was a US Senator. Before that he was a State Senator. Before that he was a civil rights attorney. Before that he was a law student. Before that he was a community organizer, way back in 1988.
Which of those jobs qualifies him to estimate weight/lift ratios for a silenced chopper during a 74 degree ambient temperature assault at night?What does fuel burn do to the expected lifting capabilities to the required vertical take off?Is there any chance that free health care will be administered to any of the people the Seals will shoot?Okay, I can see how he might be prepared for one of those questions.
Nothing you said there is what happened. Obama did not draft the attack plan himself, and the article plainly does not say anything of the sort. Many different scenarios were discussed in the days leading up to the attack, with some advisors telling him to drop a bomb, some telling him to do a ground assault, and some telling him to wait for more intel. Apparently you seem to think that the decision to enter Pakistan without telling them, land our soldiers, and carry out an assault on a target that we knew very little about beyond the apparent layout of the building should have been a snap decision. If Obama gave the order to carry out the attack and Bin Laden was not there and 2 SEALs died 12 others were captured by Pakistani military, I'm sure everybody would be saying what a terrible decision he made and that he never should have authorized a ground attack with such shaky intel and without alerting Pakistan and it's his fault the American SEALs died. You make it sound like this wasn't a potential disaster.
So you are saying he needed 18 hours to decide if capturing OBL was worth the risk to his re-election chances?I can see why you would think that.
So you are saying he needed 18 hours to decide if capturing OBL was worth the risk to his re-election chances?I can see why you would think that.
I didn't think that, you did. You're the cynical one here who assumed that by "potential disaster" I (or he) was thinking of his re-election, and not of the lives of the SEALs and the lives of every American if we royally pissed off an unstable nuclear power like, say, Pakistan.
I didn't think that, you did. You're the cynical one here who assumed that by "potential disaster" I (or he) was thinking of his re-election, and not of the lives of the SEALs and the lives of every American if we royally pissed off an unstable nuclear power like, say, Pakistan.
That does really suck that they have nukes.I think we should take them away from them. I mean we've already invaded them without concern to their sovereignty, might as well take away their toys that they can't be trusted with.
That does really suck that they have nukes.
It's actually scary to think about. The Pakistan-Bin Laden situation was one of two things: Either factions of the Pakistani government/military/intelligence bureaus were actively aiding Bin Laden by keeping his whereabouts secret, or they were appallingly incompetent in being totally unaware that the most wanted man in the world was living in a massive house in the middle of a large city and literally half a mile from the country's foremost military academy. Sure hope they're keeping an eye on all those WMDs [gulp]!
Change that to 100% 'possibly Osama' and tell me how 'tough' that decision is.
/agree, easy decision for me
Yea...that's a reasonable picture of how the republicans are.And you wonder why I take such joy in mocking Obama....
Goes both ways ;-)
Cause the left was so fair in their treatment of Bush...
On the other hand, the far left is more critical of Obama than the right ever were of Bush. Talk to a crazy moveon.org'er (new word day) about bringing the troops home and you would think Bush Jr. was still in office.
Are they anything like evolutionist?
What's an evolutionist? Someone who believes something based on evidence? :club:
Which of those jobs qualifies him to estimate weight/lift ratios for a silenced chopper during a 74 degree ambient temperature assault at night?What does fuel burn do to the expected lifting capabilities to the required vertical take off?Is there any chance that free health care will be administered to any of the people the Seals will shoot?Okay, I can see how he might be prepared for one of those questions.So you are saying he needed 18 hours to decide if capturing OBL was worth the risk to his re-election chances?I can see why you would think that.
The US government should consider Presidential advisors. A President can't possibly be expected to be an expert on everything. It's not like every President has taken preparatory steps of owning an MLB franchise and obtaining a criminal record before taking office.
The US government should consider Presidential advisors. A President can't possibly be expected to be an expert on everything. It's not like every President has taken preparatory steps of owning an MLB franchise and obtaining a criminal record before taking office.
FRANK McCOURT 2012!!!
Really?Edit: This is how I picture BG's response to the above post:2343244.gif2nd edit: But with a cigar in his mouth.
That was so funny I almost crapped my pants. Thankfully, I was pantless.

Poor Obama, even when he's sending the military into a sovereign country because of intel from the CIA obtained by torture and ordering the soldiers to kill their prisoner..,even then, the left isn't happy with him.Poor choice of words

New GameLet's pretend Obama dressed up like Rambo and entered the compound alone and came out with Bin Laden's head on a stick.Now, let's hear your negative spin on this.
A real president would've dressed up like a ninja robot.
Poor Obama, even when he's sending the military into a sovereign country because of intel from the CIA obtained by torture and ordering the soldiers to kill their prisoner..,even then, the left isn't happy with him.Poor choice of words
The Onondaga Nation does not, as it turns out, represent the average leftist.

So, remember that Ulsterman White House Insider column I started a thread about a couple months ago? I didn't do updates like I'd promised because there seemed to be basically no interest in it. At the time I was maybe 50/50 on whether it is real, now I think it's more like 25% chance of real, 75% chance of fantasy.Anyway, for those who need to bash Obama, they've got an interesting spin on the death of Obama that has a few pretty convincing details. I'm still not totally buying this guy, but .... let's just say 25% is still pretty high for a story like this to be true, even though that means 3:1 against.

Really?Edit: This is how I picture BG's response to the above post:2343244.gif2nd edit: But with a cigar in his mouth.
I can count on one hand the number of times I've literally LOL'd- in real life- at a FCP post. That was one of them.
So, remember that Ulsterman White House Insider column I started a thread about a couple months ago? I didn't do updates like I'd promised because there seemed to be basically no interest in it. At the time I was maybe 50/50 on whether it is real, now I think it's more like 25% chance of real, 75% chance of fantasy.Anyway, for those who need to bash Obama, they've got an interesting spin on the death of Obama that has a few pretty convincing details. I'm still not totally buying this guy, but .... let's just say 25% is still pretty high for a story like this to be true, even though that means 3:1 against.
I don't buy this.Obama may have been hesitant because of the obvious 'following in Bush's steps' perception of his entire foreign policy, but I do not think he would wimp out at the end.He made the call, and it was the right one.Of course first he had to get his wife's approval...
This appears to be a complete fabrication, as evidenced in the first paragraph.
A: I was told – in these exact terms, “we overruled him.” (Obama) I have since followed up and received further details on exactly what that meant, as well as the specifics of how Leon Panetta worked around the president’s “persistent hesitation to act.” There appears NOT to have been an outright overruling of any specific position by President Obama, simply because there was no specific position from the president to do so. President Obama was, in this case, as in all others, working as an absentee president.
First of all his "source" very blatantly betrayed his own bias, and second of all nobody talks like that in a news interview. It just gets more and more fantastic as it goes, with many things that could in fact be evidenced, but our author makes no attempt to do. Ulsterman (no first name) is straight making shit up, and if he's not then he's doing his best to pretend he is. The zombie-Joker-Obama-Healthcare-Death ads on the site are also a clue. Basically what I'm saying is, I will take that bet at 1:3, book it on Stars?.....Oh wait, killing Bin Laden didn't bring back poker. :club: