There were also a ridiculously large number of children living in the compound. We almost certainly didn't know how many until the operation was complete, but the main reason I've heard for us not bombing it was the potential for massive collateral damage. I imagine that us wanting his intact body played a role too, but according to the reports it was not the main reason for the decision. The idea that Obama is somehow weak or something for taking a few hours to make his final decision is very silly. Yes BG, it's possible that Obama loses half a point in the polls because people think he was wishy-washy on this or that he was proven wrong about waterboarding, and he talked to his wife like only pussies do. Sure, that may hurt him very slightly. But the capture and killing of Bin Laden will help him 100 times more, so it's really pitiful for you to try and find some way this could somehow be negative for Obama.
The one thing Game of Thrones has taught me is that when you kill the king, you should kill the son.Think about that.
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama invites Bush to the photo op at ground zero to celebrate killing Osama, Bush refuses.
But President Bush was refused an invitation Obama to meet with the families of the victims of September 11 at Ground Zero, New York City. “Bush appreciates the invitation. But he chose to undergo post-presidential period to be out of the public spotlight, “said Bush spokesman, David Sherzer, as quoted by Fox News.Sherzer asserted, even though Bush was not present at Ground Zero today, but he continued to celebrate an important victory this war on terror with all Americans, wherever they are located. Previously, Bush had congratulated Obama for his ‘silence’ Osama.“President Obama called me to tell that American soldiers had killed Osama bin Laden, leader of al-Qaeda network that attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2011. I congratulate him, and to the entire intelligence community and our military who risked his life for this mission. They deserve our gratitude, “said Bush.
Gotta respect Bush, he said he wanted to be out of the spot light because it was the classy thing to do, and he is staying out of the spot light even though he would outshine Obama clearly.But seriously, seems a little weird to head to ground zero to celebrate the killing of a man, even OBL.If I was president Obama, I would have a private meeting with any family members who wanted to come, where I would introduce them to the Seals and support staff who made the mission a success. Then I would excuse myself and go back to work destroying the country from within.That would be classy.
Spoiler alert!

I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones, because I missed the first one and will not jump in the middle so I will buy the dvd set and watch it over the summer like most shows. But I know that the rule of kings in general holds this principle of not leaving any heirs alive to challenge you later is pretty standard, even to the point of killing your own brothers etc, so I thought I would put that out there. Mainly of course to get people to get all worked up about 'killing children' like they are regular kids who will grow up and make informed decisions about their lives, not be influenced by people telling them the evil Americans killed their daddy for no reason and he was a hero etc. for the next 10 years. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they all turn into suicide bombers.

Sorry

I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones, because I missed the first one and will not jump in the middle so I will buy the dvd set and watch it over the summer like most shows. But I know that the rule of kings in general holds this principle of not leaving any heirs alive to challenge you later is pretty standard, even to the point of killing your own brothers etc, so I thought I would put that out there. Mainly of course to get people to get all worked up about 'killing children' like they are regular kids who will grow up and make informed decisions about their lives, not be influenced by people telling them the evil Americans killed their daddy for no reason and he was a hero etc. for the next 10 years. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they all turn into suicide bombers.

Sorry

I haven't watched the show or read the book.But you could've learned the same lesson from The Lion King.
I haven't watched the show or read the book.But you could've learned the same lesson from The Lion King.
That's racist.
We elected a leader, not a wanna-be Hollywood action star.If he is going to micro-manage everything he is never going to be successful.This is why you don't put senators into the White House, you elected Governors, they know how to delegate.
You're the one complaining that he took the time to make up his mind. The pursuit of Bin Laden had gone on for how long? If a quick response was necessary for success then I'm sure he would have responded quicker. Taking the time to make sure he got it right seems like the un-Hollywood action star thing to do. What you're suggesting seems a little Steven Seagal-ish.To micromanage is to manage with excessive attention to minor details (thank you dictionary.com). If any situation called for micromanagement I would think it would be this one. If he gives the orders right away and something goes wrong you'd be the first one in here with your balloons a blazing.Please don't pretend there is some kind of delegation-gene that only Governors have.
Really?Edit: This is how I picture BG's response to the above post:2nd edit: But with a cigar in his mouth.
I'm hoping God gets a mention.
Really?Edit: This is how I picture BG's response to the above post:2343244.gif2nd edit: But with a cigar in his mouth.
The cigar is ready, but I'm not sure about the cat.Mainly because I don't really like cats...I mean, God didn't make me a woman.
^^^^funnySo it looks like I now understand what took Obama so long to give the go ahead:Obama ordered Osama to be executedI guess Obama didn't want to deal with his base when he would be forced to send Usama to Gitmo for the water boarding.
^^^^funnyEarlier in this thread when someone mentioned capturing him it was argued that it was impossible.They should have beheaded him live on CNN and announced to all other terrorists that this is what's in store for them if they continue to target Americans.
^^^^funnyEarlier in this thread when someone mentioned capturing him it was argued that it was impossible.They should have beheaded him live on CNN and announced to all other terrorists that this is what's in store for them if they continue to target Americans.
1st: They only behead people on Al Jeezra2nd: We are deciding that someone posting in this random poker forum has the intel to know whether capturing him is or isn't impossible? Really?3rd: If we scare the terrorist, they might quit. It's a delicate balance to keep them willing to let us kill them, we have to try not to upset the balance.
A senior U.S. military official Monday credited President Obama for having a prominent role in pushing and shaping the plan to get Osama bin Laden. “In the final weeks and really months of this, his personal interest and direction and attention pushed the case to a new level that enabled real action,” the official told reporters. “And I think that role is quite important.”On Tuesday, White House officials began to offer more details on exactly how Obama had shaped the final assault plan. In particular, the President, they said, urged the Pentagon to revisit the number of helicopters it planned to bring into Pakistani airspace on the mission. One of those extra helicopters later played a role in the mission.The president made his concerns known in a briefing about 10 days before the assault on the bin Laden compound. According to senior aides, Obama felt that the special operations COA, or course of action, was too risky. Under the COA at that time, only two helicopters would enter Pakistani airspace, leaving little backup if something went wrong. “I don’t want you to plan for an option that doesn’t allow you to fight your way out,” the President told operational planners at the meeting, according to the notes of one participant.So the plan was revised. Ultimately, four helicopters flew into Pakistani airspace, including two refueling helicopters that carried additional personnel. In the end, the extra forces didn’t need to fight their way out of the compound, but a backup helicopter did play a key role in the operation. One of the two primary assault helicopters, an HH-60 Pave Hawk lost its lift, landed hard and had to be destroyed. The backup landed to lift its passengers to safety. “The President created the ‘fight your way out’ option,” explained an administration official.
http://swampland.time.com/2011/05/03/obama...bin-laden-raid/
1st: They only behead people on Al Jeezra2nd: We are deciding that someone posting in this random poker forum has the intel to know whether capturing him is or isn't impossible? Really?3rd: If we scare the terrorist, they might quit. It's a delicate balance to keep them willing to let us kill them, we have to try not to upset the balance.
1st: Agreed! We don't have the patience for such a thing.2nd: We aren't deciding anything. We are simply pointing out how the suggestion was ridiculed.3rd: Yes, because the threat of death really seems to frighten them.
One of the two primary assault helicopters, an HH-60 Pave Hawk lost its lift, landed hard and had to be destroyed.
What does that mean? The helicopter went down, so we just blew it up instead of allowing someone to...what? Gather intelligence?
What does that mean? The helicopter went down, so we just blew it up instead of allowing someone to...what? Gather intelligence?
No freebies. They want helicopters or weapons then they'll just have to pay for them.
I call BS.complete and utter BSObama was the one suggesting bringing a spare helicopter?Really?The NAVY SEALS needed a community organizer from Chicago to come up with a workable plan?I cannot believe the amount of koolaide you guys will drink to maintain your messiah complex of this guy.Let me ask you this: If Obama has spent months putting together this plan of attack, including weapons loads and field of fires responsibilities...then WHY DID IT TAKE HIM 16 HOURS TO OKAY THE PLAN HE CREATED?
Pakistan has a very tight relationship with china..BFFs.Anything we leave behind would be reverse engineered by China, just like we reversed engineered the crashed space ships in Roswell to get velcro and fiber optic cables.
BG, would you be happier with 72 virgins or 72 cigars?
Pics?of the cigars...I would hate to end up with some crappy cigar.And lol at you young guys who think having 72 women in your life would be a good thing.

Obama has decided not to release the photos.Guess you people aren't important enough for Obama to give you information you want.