I'm a little surprised that he was already buried at sea - we must have images of his dead body that we're planning to release as proof, right? Obviously he was identified by DNA, but I would think that we'd wanna make it very clear to the public and the rest of the world that this ain't no joke.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little sensitive arent we? it's cool if you're into trannys. you're not alone. i think dirty dutch is too. bigdmcgee also likes that freaky shit.
Naw, I like curvy, beautiful feminine women.. like her..emma-watson-bungalow-8-mystery-man-02212011-03.jpg
I'm a little surprised that he was already buried at sea - we must have images of his dead body that we're planning to release as proof, right? Obviously he was identified by DNA, but I would think that we'd wanna make it very clear to the public and the rest of the world that this ain't no joke.
http://pikchur.com/Af0J
That's awesome.But, so much of this makes no sense to me. The google maps think summarizes it pretty well. This guy was living in a suburb 35 km outside of the capital. It's hard to believe that people in Pakistan didn't know about this, or at least that there was a very odd, mysterious compound that they could have tipped us off to.In any event, good riddance, OBL.
this whole thing makes me feel nothing. i dont feel satisfaction and i dont feel pride. i dont see the world as a better place. i dont understand why people are gathering in the streets to celebrate. perhaps thats because there is something wrong with me. i dont know. one man is dead. this man was responsible for the death of thousands of americans. good, he deserved to die. now on to the realization that this "war on terror" isnt a war against one man, it's a war against islam. a war against irrational religious nonsense. but then i watch a presidential speech and i see our president asking god to bless america, and i know that nearly every person in this country will never admit that. so i feel nothing.
Well, first of all, Osama wasn't living in a cave, he was living in a house, and it's very possible that he had a higher level of communication and control over parts of Al Quaeda than many believed. In addition, some believe that taking him out may lead to an internal struggle within Al Quaeda which could cause it to fraction further and may lead to it breaking down. And, of course, Osama was a symbolic leader whose very image was a powerful recruiting tool for terrorism, and war against terrorism is often fought with symbols.That's from the practical side. From an emotional side, his death is a closure for many who have had a lingering feeling of being unsatisfied for the past decade. This may include the families of those who lost their lives in 911, policemen and firemen, and especially the soldiers who were wounded and the families of those who were killed in a war whose primary goal was, in many ways, to kill this man.So, yes, his death doesn't end terrorism. But it hurts it, and it makes a lot of people feel better.(These responses to your statement are supposed to come across as obvious, because they really are. Were you really not able to think of them, or are you just being purposely contrarian to show how cool you are?)
Well, first of all, Osama wasn't living in a cave, he was living in a house, and it's very possible that he had a higher level of communication and control over parts of Al Quaeda than many believed. In addition, some believe that taking him out may lead to an internal struggle within Al Quaeda which could cause it to fraction further and may lead to it breaking down. And, of course, Osama was a symbolic leader whose very image was a powerful recruiting tool for terrorism, and war against terrorism is often fought with symbols.That's from the practical side. From an emotional side, his death is a closure for many who have had a lingering feeling of being unsatisfied for the past decade. This may include the families of those who lost their lives in 911, policemen and firemen, and especially the soldiers who were wounded and the families of those who were killed in a war whose primary goal was, in many ways, to kill this man.So, yes, his death doesn't end terrorism. But it hurts it, and it makes a lot of people feel better.(These responses to your statement are supposed to come across as obvious, because they really are. Were you really not able to think of them, or are you just being purposely contrarian to show how cool you are?)
Or perhaps not everyone equates revenge with closure.
Or perhaps not everyone equates revenge with closure.
Not everyone does, but some do, and in relation to this particular incident, there are many who feel closure in one way or another.
Not everyone does, but some do, and in relation to this particular incident, there are many who feel closure in one way or another.
How different are those people from those who support the terrorists because they feel they've been wronged?
How different are those people from those who support the terrorists because they feel they've been wronged?
Uh... very....? I'm not exactly sure what your logic is here?I think the concepts of "being happy that OBL is dead" and "being emotionally equivalent to a terrorist" are mutually exclusive. For example, the former may be happy at another's death only when it's a very particular mass murderer who killed thousands of Americans, as well as citizens of all races and religions around the world. The latter will support the indiscriminate killing of innocents to promote fear and destruction.Do you see the difference?
Saw an interview with a guy on Al Jazeera with knowledge of OBL. He made an important distinction, that when OBL had someone take an oath they took the oath to him and not to Islam or "the cause". He compared the impact of this to the impact on world war two had the assassination of Hitler succeeded. So some people think this is a pretty big deal. Not that anyone is naive enough to think that a lot of loyalists aren't going to lash our whenever and wherever than can.
Obama had to die, but I personally don't feel the death of a man should be reason for celebration.
Seems like an overreaction. Was it because of his March Madness brackets?
Uh... very....? I'm not exactly sure what your logic is here?I think the concepts of "being happy that OBL is dead" and "being emotionally equivalent to a terrorist" are mutually exclusive. For example, the former may be happy at another's death only when it's a very particular mass murderer who killed thousands of Americans, as well as citizens of all races and religions around the world. The latter will support the indiscriminate killing of innocents to promote fear and destruction.Do you see the difference?
But...Those we see celebrating the deaths of Americans in the street truly believe that Al Qaeda has rid the world of evil people. It's what they've been told all their lives. They are celebrating because they think the world is a better place. How is this different than those celebrating Bin Laden's death?
All of this, especially the parenthetical part. I was going to write a similar reply, but you said it better than I probably would have.
Osama had to die, but I personally don't feel the death of a man should be reason for celebration.
I 100% agree. I don't feel joy for his death and do not celebrate it, just as I didn't for Saddam's death. I found it disgusting when certain parts of the World celebrated 9/11. But I do fee a certain sense of satisfaction for Justice Served and Evil removed fro the Planet.
But...Those we see celebrating the deaths of Americans in the street truly believe that Al Qaeda has rid the world of evil people. It's what they've been told all their lives. They are celebrating because they think the world is a better place. How is this different than those celebrating Bin Laden's death?
You can't make everyone happy. Anyone who thinks we are that evil that 9/11 was ridding the world of evil people.....well, they are probably going to hate us no matter what.I think the celebrations were a bit much but whatever. It's good to know that if someone attacks us we won't stop until we get him even if it takes 9 years.
Because they're wrong. Because they're celebrating the deaths of innocents, not the death of one particular well-known mass murderer. That's the difference.
Because they're wrong. Because they're celebrating the deaths of innocents, not the death of one particular well-known mass murderer. That's the difference.
I do not believe they are celebrating the deaths of innocent people as much as they are celebrating a blow against something they consider to be an evil power.And let's not pretend that innocent people haven't been killed over in the middle east. Why is blowing up a building full of innocent civilians any different than blowing up a town full of innocent civilians?