God Is Pissed Off

i wouldnt take mercury's word for what mercury had for breakfast.
Sweet, I'm still going then.
Thor was pissed off that the Christians kept choosing the wrong god and decided to do something about it.
It all makes sense now...
i wouldnt take mercury's word for what mercury had for breakfast.
One of suited's best posts in a long time.
polar_bear_cubs.jpg
Hahaha...gay bears...perfect.And, JMKiser, you should absolutely take what I post with a grain of salt...or ignore it completely, if you prefer. Thor has some cinematic pedigree I didn't know about: Kenneth Branagh is directing and Nathalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins (Odin!) are in it. That makes it good, right? Well, maybe not, but the Onion AVCLub just gave it a B+.Have a good time and enjoy!
RE: BRV's sig.A smart guy using Pascal's wager doesn't look any less foolish in doing so.
I also doubt Camus (an atheist) ever said that. I can't find a source on it.
I also doubt Camus (an atheist) ever said that. I can't find a source on it.
Well, you know the internet....
I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t, and die to find out there is.This looks looks like yet another variation of Pascal’s Wager. It turns out the actual quote is from Albert Camus. Here’s some more Camus quotes:If there is sin against life, it consists… in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.— Albert CamusI continue to believe that this world has no supernatural meaning . . . But I know that something in the world has meaning – man.— Albert CamusProbably not a person one should quote in one of these ‘inspirational” emails. "
Camus' book, Sisyphus, is apparently a mild spin on Pascal's Wager.
Well, you know the internet....Camus' book, Sisyphus, is apparently a mild spin on Pascal's Wager.
I see plenty of people attributing it to him on the internet, but no one says where it supposedly came from. I've read The Myth Of Sisyphus. It is most certainly not a form of pascal's wager. The book starts with the assumption that there is no god, and deals with how to cope with what camus sees as a meaningless absurd world.... it's been a while but I'm pretty sure he at no point suggests living as if god exists.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity"— Abraham Lincoln (Words of Abraham Lincoln)