Did the people who got sent home have to prepare a song, to ultimately not sing it?
Most likely, yes.Kinda like on Idol when everyone rehearses a going away song just in case they get voted off on elimination night.

I liked Dia's song last night more than her version of Heartless.I don't like how they made a big deal about building teams, then basically are eliminating all but one person from their own team to get to the final. Battle rounds were an interesting idea, but I think they should let the live audience vote people through instead of the judges after they give feedback. Also they eliminate people way too fast on this show, when it got down to top 8 they should switch it up to give more people a chance to grow over the last few weeks and give us more performances and start eliminating 1 per week or something.

I liked Dia's song last night more than her version of Heartless.I don't like how they made a big deal about building teams, then basically are eliminating all but one person from their own team to get to the final. Battle rounds were an interesting idea, but I think they should let the live audience vote people through instead of the judges after they give feedback. Also they eliminate people way too fast on this show, when it got down to top 8 they should switch it up to give more people a chance to grow over the last few weeks and give us more performances and start eliminating 1 per week or something.
I also really liked Dia. I think it is going to be between her and Vicci although the bald girl and black dude are definitely talented.I like the quick eliminations and I think the final four are going to be the one's who deserve it.

Dia's two performances have been the best two on the show by a country mile, imo. But that may be biased since I am in love with her. Dia, if you are reading this, I don't make much money, I'm average looking at best, I'm not in great shape, and I'm only charming when I'm drunk, but we should probably go ahead and get married asap. (Oh, I also say asap, like in one word ay-sap, I say it like that, hope it's not a deal breaker)Xenia's most recent performance was about 10x better than anything else I've seen from her, but she's not a natural performer. She does have a beautiful voice though. I think she'd make a great recording artist, because they could practice till she got it right, and the finished product would be amazing, but as a live performer, she needs a lot of work.Vicci is pretty awesome, definitely my second favourite. Javier has a great voice, but is kind of boring. Beverley is Meh. There were better singers/performers that didn't make the final 4 because of team situations.

I'm surprised Javier won. The sequencing of the final performance show was bad for him. Plus Adam Levine made a poor song choice for the duet, plus Levine is a terrible singer and the duet performance was bad (imo) as a result.Some thoughts:-the original song idea was bad. One of the good things about this show was that they actually sang songs that people knew. I didn't really like any of the songs much. Dia's song/performance was the best, followed by Vicci.-After watching this season, I gained a lot of respect for Cee-Lo. I've been a fan since Gnarles Barkley, but he is just a funny/awesome dude. I didn't know anything about Blake Shelton before, but I gained a lot of respect for him too. I lost whatever respect I had for christina and Adam Levine. Both came across as ego-centric douches.-Miranda Lambert is surprisingly unnattractive up close. Biggest forehead ever?-Relly, Christina? You chose your own song for the finale duet? I know you see this show as a big PR event for you, but could you at least pretend it's about the contestants for the finale?-Maroon 5 is gay. This is going back a few episodes, but that 'move it like jagger' song was terrible. Worst performance of that night by far.-Cee-lo and Vicci' Love is a battlefield performance was possibly the highlite of the season for me. Cee-lo is a genius. I'm surprised this performance didn't get Vicci into the top 2.-'Won't back down' was ok, but the other 2 duets were terrible.-I didn't like Beverley's original song performance. I was surprised she got a standing O from the judges.-I thought it was really rude of Adam and Christina to spend all their time criticizing Blake for the Shadow Box dancers after Dia's excellent performance. It's the biggest moment of her life, and you think this is the appropriate time to poke fun at Blake for a questionable production decision? You are both giant D bags.-Christina looked like trailer trash at the results show.

I'm surprised Javier won. The sequencing of the final performance show was bad for him. Plus Adam Levine made a poor song choice for the duet, plus Levine is a terrible singer and the duet performance was bad (imo) as a result.Some thoughts:-the original song idea was bad. One of the good things about this show was that they actually sang songs that people knew. I didn't really like any of the songs much. Dia's song/performance was the best, followed by Vicci.-After watching this season, I gained a lot of respect for Cee-Lo. I've been a fan since Gnarles Barkley, but he is just a funny/awesome dude. I didn't know anything about Blake Shelton before, but I gained a lot of respect for him too. I lost whatever respect I had for christina and Adam Levine. Both came across as ego-centric douches.-Miranda Lambert is surprisingly unnattractive up close. Biggest forehead ever?-Relly, Christina? You chose your own song for the finale duet? I know you see this show as a big PR event for you, but could you at least pretend it's about the contestants for the finale?-Maroon 5 is gay. This is going back a few episodes, but that 'move it like jagger' song was terrible. Worst performance of that night by far.-Cee-lo and Vicci' Love is a battlefield performance was possibly the highlite of the season for me. Cee-lo is a genius. I'm surprised this performance didn't get Vicci into the top 2.-'Won't back down' was ok, but the other 2 duets were terrible.-I didn't like Beverley's original song performance. I was surprised she got a standing O from the judges.-I thought it was really rude of Adam and Christina to spend all their time criticizing Blake for the Shadow Box dancers after Dia's excellent performance. It's the biggest moment of her life, and you think this is the appropriate time to poke fun at Blake for a questionable production decision? You are both giant D bags.-Christina looked like trailer trash at the results show.
The only original song I liked was the one by Dia, I didn't like any of the other songs. You bring up the duet performances. People vote on the solo performance only. There are a few ways that people vote one is by downloading the song. If the download the duet it doesn't count as a vote, only if they download the solo performance. This is a pretty big deal. I really liked Colon, but I thought Dia was gonna win. I really thought Vicci's performance last week with the drums was awesome.

Well, they can also vote by calling or texting, correct? As they are going to vote for their favourite of the four, the Duet performances still have some bearing on the final winner, I would think.

Vicci was my favorite, but I knew her and Beverley didn't have a chance based on the fact that Javier and Dia were always way ahead on the ITunes thing.I didn't hate any of the contestants so I'm not going to say I'm upset with the results. I enjoyed watching all 4.I actually really liked Javier's duet with Adam. and Maroon 5 might be gay, but they sell a ton of records and have fans worldwide. Also, Adam bangs some of the hottest chicks in the world. I agree that none of the original songs were very good besides Dia's.I do think Christina is egocentric in real life but she didn't do anything out of the ordinary on the show. I don't think Adam is egocentric at all. Not sure where all of your hate is coming from Dubey. All of the judges criticized each other's production decisions throughout the whole season. Blake actually did it the most.I also really like Cee-lo, he has been around forever and only started to get super famous when Crazy came out. Before that he was a rapper who got just a little bit of attention every once in awhile on MTV. I don't know if he just got more creative, hired new managers, or what, but his stuff today sounds soooooo much better than his shitty rap songs back like 10 years ago.I was completely ok with some of the contestants having record contracts prior to being on the show. I don't think Beverley and Vicci had contracts, but Javier and Dia did. I was ok with it because even though they have contracts, the majority of the public still didn't have any idea who they were, so who cares. But Blake made me crazy every week when he would tell Dia how she came on the show being shy and progressed soooo much and he can't believe how much more comfortable she was on the stage. When in reality if you google Dia, she has a pretty decent sized fanbase and has been performing live shows for a long time, so his critiques of her the whole entire season were basically BS. Unless Blake had no idea that she had performed before.

I do think Christina is egocentric in real life but she didn't do anything out of the ordinary on the show. I don't think Adam is egocentric at all. Not sure where all of your hate is coming from Dubey.
Damn, I guess I'm just a hateful guy.I don't think I'd ever heard Adam or Christina speak a single word outside of their songs prior to this show, and I ended up hating them both by the end. (edited for weird sounding sentence)
  • 2 weeks later...

It is sort of funny how perceptions work. While I really liked each of the Judges on this show, I liked Blake and Adam more than Cee-Lo and Christina. Cee-Lo just seemed to have these silly Sophomoric arrangements and (over) productions. Even his own stuff felt very "Glee". And Boogie-Woogie Bugle Boy was terrible. I thought that the banter between Adam and Blake was genuine and fun. Same thing with Christina. The whole criticism of the "Mimes" was part of the fun. Still thought Dia was tremendous, fresh, and beautiful. Javier really bugged me with his sideways hat. Great voice, but just didn't compel my attention liked Dia. All things considered it was a good show with very good and interesting talent. Funny how you can't have an Idol discussion without at some point mentioning Seacrest, but no one has even brought up Carson. He was not a very interesting "host", and their Social Media Room Hostess (or whatever) was terrible.

I actually meant to mention Carson, and forgot, which ties in perfectly to the point I would have made, that he was completely unremarkable as a host. He looked disinterested the whole time. I also don't know if I've ever seen a non homeless person look worse in a suit. Maybe he needs a new tailor or something, but he almost looked gaunt/sickly the way his suit hung off him.

Still thought Dia was tremendous, fresh, and beautiful. Javier really bugged me with his sideways hat. Great voice, but just didn't compel my attention liked Dia. All things considered it was a good show with very good and interesting talent.
this pretty much sums up my thoughts nicely on Dia, as well as the show.

What could Carson Daily have done differently though? They didn't give him enough time to banter with the contestants or judges like Seacrest does. I think it is unfair to judge him when all he really did was narrarate.