What Other Sites Can Us Players Play On?

find a european friend and play on cakeif you cant piece together what the euro friend is for then i cant help you

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had success with Cake. I really like Lee Jones, the old card room manager at Stars and after he went to Cake I was curious to see how he would improve cake. Unfortunately I deposited $40 on my credit card and donked it away thinking that it would be no problem to deposit more. No such luck. I am sweating my bank account getting shut down over this. I use that account only for online poker and online transactions, but still, the situation is tenuous at best. I think the best we can all do is look over our games and play at the local card rooms. What worries me is this is legal situation is very similar to legalization of marijuana. I really don't smoke it. But I don't see why other shouldn't be able too. Alot of Americans do. As alot of American like to pay a few dollars to play poker. The government wants to "look out for us" but instead they create a legal situation that they think benefits them. With the budget deficit so in the red this would be a great tax revenue. I hope that they see the light of day and get it regulated then I know my AA being cracked by 7-2 is on the up and up.....lol

I have had success with Cake. I really like Lee Jones, the old card room manager at Stars and after he went to Cake I was curious to see how he would improve cake. Unfortunately I deposited $40 on my credit card and donked it away thinking that it would be no problem to deposit more. No such luck. I am sweating my bank account getting shut down over this. I use that account only for online poker and online transactions, but still, the situation is tenuous at best. I think the best we can all do is look over our games and play at the local card rooms. What worries me is this is legal situation is very similar to legalization of marijuana. I really don't smoke it. But I don't see why other shouldn't be able too. Alot of Americans do. As alot of American like to pay a few dollars to play poker. The government wants to "look out for us" but instead they create a legal situation that they think benefits them. With the budget deficit so in the red this would be a great tax revenue. I hope that they see the light of day and get it regulated then I know my AA being cracked by 7-2 is on the up and up.....lol

I personally think we need to look at this situation like this, PokerStars and Full Tilt were both in operation when Party Poker was forced to leave the US market and then Netteller got indicted also. That was 4 or 5 years ago, it took the DoJ that long to shut down PokerStars and FTP and they have been after Bodog that long too and have yet to bring charges against them. I would assume these cases are very hard to get enough evidence to build a case that will hold up. If they had had evidence on Merge, Cake or Bodog (especially Bodog) they would have indicted them along with the three others, obviously they didn't. Maybe it will be 4 or 5 years before they can get enough evidence to shut down these other sites. Maybe it will be months, but I honestly doubt that. I won't keep a lot of money on any site like I did Stars but I will play until there is no place left to play. I will also work hard on improving my game and plugging my leaks since at the moment the games are so thin on the existing sites that I'll have plenty of time. Hopefully this action will result in poker being legislated and regulated before long but until I'm still playing as much as I can. I will work on my live game as well but I just prefer online. Cake used to be good, btw but they've really gone way downhill. I think some of it has to do with them allowing players to change their usernames and not allow the use of a HUD but I'm not sure. Too many of their other skins left and they just have no volume.

Lee Jones left Cake ages ago.
That makes sense why it's not up to par with what I have come to expect from a world class poker site. I have heard that the 2.0 version is not as good as the original.

Does Carbon Poker have rakeback? And if so are there any FCPers players I can help by signing up? Or is it not setup like that...

@Yoda - Yes please, through raketherake.com please use this link http://www.raketherake.com/?Refer=1055493 for sign up. Carbon has 35% rakeback. If you already use rake the rake I don't think it will work and right now Carbon's refer a friend is running. You can also PM me with your email address and RTR will send you what you need to sign up.When you get the home page using the above link just click on new user/set up account and it will link to me automatically.

RPM you seriously need to ramp up your SNG promotion.edit: holy ****ing hell im 4 tabling
omg full grid mode!!!
edit: holy ****ing hell im 4 tabling
Yeah I did too, felt so weird, got 5 running once yesterday didn't know what to do, lol. Finally had a 3rd in a $5 45 man bout time I'd say!
Yeah I did too, felt so weird, got 5 running once yesterday didn't know what to do, lol. Finally had a 3rd in a $5 45 man bout time I'd say!
i cant wait till the traffic picks up enough to 8 table againon that software it should be a an adventure! i cant wait to not be able to tell anything thats going on!

Let's switch on the servers at PokerMountain again...

Hmm, I automatically got rakeback when signing up through Lock, is there anything else I should be doing?
if you go thru RBNation with someone's referral code they get 3% of the total rake you pay permanently (doesnt affect you, its 3% on top)decent rate imo*cough cough* affiliate ID: sixpackreich

humm *cough cough* my rake the rake referral is above itt hehe. Kobe you can sign up after the fact with rake the rake and qualify for their rake races in additional to the direct RB on Lock. Don't know if you can on Lurbz site or not.