Dept Of Justice Indictments

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on bodog I should just start playing HU PLO with my entire role at whatever limit I can buy into? Last chance for a big score!?~~~1111

On vacation but still with the living. Taking a much needed poker break. I did get an email from Bodog this morning saying they had switched from .com to .eu, so something must be up. Think online poker is doomed without legislation.

Via two plus two via poker-king:http://www.poker-king.com/poker-king-artic...hp?article=1123Possible reason why Full Tilt is taking so long:$60 Million dollar shortfall. Floated players money. No money but credit put in player's account.Makes sense. I haven't deposited in years on full tilt. It sucks to me. It's very greedy on their part considering they knew the DOJ might be dropping indictments. If this is the case, they should have the a press release before the WSOP If not anyone wearing a patch should get heat. "According to his plea allocution and the Superseding Information, Franzen admitted that in early 2011 he had been asked to help Full Tilt Poker deal with a $60 million shortfall created by the company's inability to find a payment processor to process transactions involving U.S. player accounts. The company was facing the shortfall because it continued to credit funds to player accounts despite being unable to actually debit (or "pull") funds from customers."There have been widespread reports of US players having funds credited to their Full Tilt Poker accounts without the money actually having been debited from their bank accounts, but I don't think that anybody imagined that Full Tilt Poker was dealing with a shortfall of as big as $60 million.If Franzen's story is true (and it seems likely), then Full Tilt Poker is likely still trying to figure out which deposits actually went through and which ones didn't (and then adjust account balances accordingly I would assume). This is on top of crediting all of the US accounts that made unsuccessful withdrawal attempts in the days surrounding "Black Friday".When will all of this get straightened out? Will it get straightened out?

So I'm finally reading a lot and trying to really catch up with all this and I'm wondering what is probably going to be the final outcome? And if it does come back is it going to be sometime soon like in the summer or will it take a year or two or three for everything to start back up again if it even does? Also, has a bill been made yet to be voted on for online poker to be taxed and whatnot because I know one of the politicians were working on one.This sucks especially because I have the itch to play right now so so bad. Just really shitty. I ****ing hate our government and don't understand why they feel its the right thing to do...

Probably Jan. 2012 since that's when the Nevada online poker bill goes into effect and when Caesar's Entertainment expects to get their monopoly on the online poker market. If you don't believe me just ask Caesar's best friend and well paid personal corrupt politician Harry Reid. On a serious note, now that there is a republican congressman pushing a poker bill then I think something may actually happen with legislation by then. On another note all the Merge sites are down and have been since around 1:30 am est. People are going totally paranoid see this 2+2 thread for a good laugh.

<making fun of a minor mistake mode>

Probably Jan. 2011 since that's when the Nevada online poker bill goes into effect
so five months ago?</making fun of a minor mistake mode>
Probably Jan. 2011 since that's when the Nevada online poker bill goes into effect and when Caesar's Entertainment expects to get their monopoly on the online poker market. If you don't believe me just ask Caesar's best friend and well paid personal corrupt politician Harry Reid. On a serious note, now that there is a republican congressman pushing a poker bill then I think something may actually happen with legislation by then. On another note all the Merge sites are down and have been since around 1:30 am est. People are going totally paranoid see this 2+2 thread for a good laugh.
The Nevada bill means nothing until federal legislation so saying Jan 2012 is just total guesswork
Probably Jan. 2011 since that's when the Nevada online poker bill goes into effect and when Caesar's Entertainment expects to get their monopoly on the online poker market. If you don't believe me just ask Caesar's best friend and well paid personal corrupt politician Harry Reid. On a serious note, now that there is a republican congressman pushing a poker bill then I think something may actually happen with legislation by then. On another note all the Merge sites are down and have been since around 1:30 am est. People are going totally paranoid see this 2+2 thread for a good laugh.
looks like merge is back up

Fixed my mistake. Jan 2012 is when the Nevada bill goes into effect and yeah it only applies when there is Federal legislation but maybe we can hope for that date.

comments section is so retarded. IMO get in there and back the letter up.
i totally agree and actually took a bit to restrain from commenting so far. gonna kinda wait and get a reaction from the actual paper that more ppl will see. I didnt wanna immed. turn it into a e-fight. But you said it best for sure. The ignorance there is pretty unreal.

Great article and most good comments except for the moronic douchebag, vet. He, like many moronic idiots, lump poker in with all gambling and have no concept of what he's talking about. I'll wait until tomorrow or later today but I will make a comment.

meh really didn't find the comments to be too bothersome...just that there was one idiot, but w/e
the people disputing him being equally as inept and not being able to defend the case as poker = income. makes the case's perception a lot weaker.

Daniel nice letter.I read it a couple of days ago when it was posted.I knew that vet would tee off on this as I am from springfield and read the paper daily.This person comments on almost all stuff on sj-r and is always negative. It will be pointless to argue with this person as he will never see your side of the story.but you can all do what you want.I just wanted to give peole heads up and not to waste your time it is not worth it to tell are points to someone who doesn't really care just wants to get people mad and get a reaction out of them.

Daniel nice letter.I read it a couple of days ago when it was posted.I knew that vet would tee off on this as I am from springfield and read the paper daily.This person comments on almost all stuff on sj-r and is always negative. It will be pointless to argue with this person as he will never see your side of the story.but you can all do what you want.I just wanted to give peole heads up and not to waste your time it is not worth it to tell are points to someone who doesn't really care just wants to get people mad and get a reaction out of them.
Yeah you have to ignore comment sections but anything bringing stuff like this into the spotlight and open for discussion should be viewed as a positive.
the people disputing him being equally as inept and not being able to defend the case as poker = income. makes the case's perception a lot weaker.
Indeed. Why equate poker with alcohol? I mean, does anyone have a job where they drink alcohol all day for a profit? If so, I know a lot of candidates. :DThere were certainly some analogies that would have made the point better (stockbroker seems obvious*), but it's probably not like anyone was going to change that idiot's mind anyway. *JohnnyBax, one of my favorite online players, used to be a stockbroker. He's a family-man, doesn't (generally) play on Saturdays since that's the day he spends with his family, and it sounds like he truly approaches the game as a profession, certainly not an addict.
Still think its only a matter of time before Merge and Cake go down also.
I think you may be right. Our government seems to be hell bent on taking online poker completely out. I don't think they will quit until the U.S. is void of such sites.
It took almost 6 weeks after mailing my letter in but was finally published on the website as well in our state newspaper.http://www.sj-r.com/letters/x724668283/Let...-poker-decision
Good letter Daniel. Unfortunately, the majority of the public views us as a bunch of lazy @$$ drooling degenerates. But, the majority of people in this country are mind controlled idiots that can be sold anything with the right marketing. All we can do is try and stand a little higher on our sonny boy shoeshine boxes and shout until we get a few of those snake oil salesman we voted into office to take notice. And the only way to get them to take notice, is to pull up a good audience. Then they'll be there claiming they're your best friend. Keep writing and submitting as many articles and letters as you can. You're doing a good job.
I think you may be right. Our government seems to be hell bent on taking online poker completely out. I don't think they will quit until the U.S. is void of such sites.
Void of international sites most likely. Id expect US companies to be up at some point.