Dept Of Justice Indictments

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy Liebert all fired up on Twitter:pokerkat I thought Full Tilt cared about their image and reputation. It looks like I was wrongpokerkat I think Ferguson and Lederer should refund the players money with all the money they made from uspokerkat Honestly I didn't play on Full Tilt much because never liked the mgmt but did have $ on site cause Allen paid me back on therepokerkat Howard and Ivey have some huge bracelet bet. They also both bought multiple million dollar homes. The owners have made so much. They ca ...and this great pic....2zzsqc0.jpg

WSOP is coming up quick. Think theyd want this settled ASAP.
If you're referring to Full Tilt it's pretty obvious that for whatever reason they aren't in a good position to cash out all the American players and also keep enough money liquid to pay out the players from the rest of the World.Poker Stars keeps Player's money both segrated from general operational funds and also those funds are protected from being exposed to any issues the site has.Full Tilt has published that hey don't segrate Player's money and it's all just mixed in with their general operational funds. If they had that money liquid and available I'm sure they would be processing withdrawals with it for Americans. If they had put that money into investments that take some time to liquidate that could be one reason for the delay. Also it's possible that a large amount of the money has been tied up by the DOJ. It's also possible that they've spent too much money over the years on distribtutions to their owner's or related companies. We really can't know for sure.
dixie on suicide watch now?
we lost her :(but this seems like horrible news. I lost the link but apparently bodog processors were shut down too. don't quote me on that tho

I was considering playing today, but considering how badly things have been going, drinking is probably the better choice.

This is really interesting.The Feds set up a sting payment processor that the gambling sites used to move money to and from players so the Feds are going to have all the information about the transactions if I'm reading this correctly.Also note that this was run out of the Maryland office of the DOJ and not the Southern District of New York like the the Stars, Tilt and AP indictments.Since they set up a smallish processor it makes sense that it's smaller sites that are affected by this and not the really large sites.
This is really interesting.The Feds set up a sting payment processor that the gambling sites used to move money to and from players so the Feds are going to have all the information about the transactions if I'm reading this correctly.Also note that this was run out of the Maryland office of the DOJ and not the Southern District of New York like the the Stars, Tilt and AP indictments.Since they set up a smallish processor it makes sense that it's smaller sites that are affected by this and not the really large sites.
It would concern me if I were running one of the Merge/Cake etc sites that any one of my processors is already part of another sting. Also this would seem to make sites be quite wary of doing business with a new processor without extensive research first, hence making payouts just that much more difficult. Ugh, we really need to get this regulated here in the US.
Merge and Cake have to be going down next. This is just unreal.
yeah while rose's fear mongering was a bit much, I don't see the sites lasting more than a few more months. sigh