Dept Of Justice Indictments

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link does not work. Ps.com still has the FBI seizure notice.
It still may take some time for the dns progagation to take place just like when they seized the domain.

not sure if posted or not but here's the email going out to people who requested cash outs on fridayDear nobody610,We were very pleased to receive the news today that allows US players to cash out their real money balances. In response to this update, the Cashout Option in the PokerStars Cashier will be temporarily closed to allow us to prepare the technical solutions and formulate the plan and processes required to allow you to cash out your balance. In the interim, any pending cashouts have been returned to your account in order to ensure players have the opportunity to cash out orderly. Please be assured, US player balances are safe. We will notify all US players as soon as the cashier is available again. Providing you with the facility to cash out is our top priority right now, and hopefully all US players will be able to cash out via the PokerStars Cashier in the near future. We apologize for the temporary delay, and sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation, as we continue working towards providing you with a solution to cash out. Regards,PokerStars Support

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/i-dont-under...rackdown-18863/I Don’t Understand the Online Poker CrackdownBy Linda Johnson - Apr 20th, 2011There are so many aspects of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) recent actions against online poker that I don’t understand.I don’t understand why the very government that was built to champion personal liberty would take away our rights to play online poker, a game that citizens of almost every other country in the world are allowed to play. Why don’t we have the same rights as those who reside in other countries?I don’t understand why the DOJ has spent so much time and money trying to shut down a game. Wouldn’t their time be better spent trying to crack down on some of the truly destructive crises in our nation like terrorism, drug dealing, and crime?I don’t understand why our government chose to make the jobs of tens of thousands of Americans vanish overnight. And it’s not just the players who have lost their income source. What about the poker media, customer service agents, event planners, and developers in the online poker business? What will the staff of the poker magazines, poker television shows, and poker sponsorship companies now do for work?I don’t understand what will happen to the players who have had their bankrolls frozen without warning. How will they pay their bills? How many of them will lose their homes and now be subject to the unemployment and welfare that our government claims to work so adamantly to reduce?read more on the link above
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/i-dont-under...rackdown-18863/I Don’t Understand the Online Poker Crack down
I do believe that this is a pretty well written blog.Unfortunately it sounds bat ***t crazy. She is worried about a tainted WSOP? I will lay odds the attendance is higher than Moneymakers '03.Worried about the future of Vegas? This might just solidify the thrown for Vegas as the international gaming capital. If they do it right. Ugh. This thing just tilted me.

I don't understand why someone would start every sentence with I don't understand. I don't understand why they'd write it in the first place if they did not understand.

http://www.pokerscout.com/Latest post-Black Friday traffic stats (left US):PokerStars -6885 (down 24%)Full Tilt Poker -8528 (down 48%)Cereus Network -1076 (down 53%)Latest post-Black Friday traffic stats (European):PartyPoker +361 (up 10%)iPoker Network +190 (up 5%)Ongame Network -19 (down 1%)888Poker +99 (up 7%)Latest post-Black Friday traffic stats (still in US):Merge Network +331 (up 36%)Bodog +213 (up 36%)Cake Network +170 (up 31%)
http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/t...-still-in-doubtThe Department of Justice reached an agreement with two online poker sites Wednesday that will allow users to recover funds from their accounts, but the future of the industry remains very much in doubt thanks to the Obama administration's "Black Friday" crackdown.U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara announced the government has entered into domain-name use agreements with PokerStars and Full Tilt so users can recover funds they had given to the sites. The move should help quell the growing backlash from users of the sites who have been unable to access their money since Friday."No individual player accounts were ever frozen or restrained, and each implicated poker company has at all times been free to reimburse any player's deposited funds," Bharara said in a statement."In fact, this Office expects the companies to return the money that U.S. players entrusted to them, and we will work with the poker companies to facilitate the return of funds to players, as today's agreements with PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker demonstrate."Both sites were seized, along with Absolute Poker, by the FBI and their executives have been charged with bank fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and illegal gambling offenses. The government alleges the sites were used by criminal organizations to launder large sums of money in violation of the law.Poker Players Alliance executive director John Pappas welcomed the announcement in an interview with Hillicon but said it came after countless emails and phone calls from more than 65,000 members of his organization and other online poker players. Pappas said his membership reacted to Friday's events with "shock and dismay.""Last week not only were many individuals stripped of their hobby, but in many cases their livelihood," Pappas said in reference to the four percent of his organization's 1.2 million members that identify as professional poker players. He said before Friday's events he had been optimistic about the prospect of legalizing online poker."We felt there was a real, rational discussion on Capitol Hill about the appropriate steps needed to license and regulate an industry millions of Americans already engage in," Pappas said, adding that the seizures wouldn't eliminate online poker but only drive it underground.Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.) told Hillicon he still believes there is interest in moving forward with a modified version of the bill he co-sponsored with Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) to legalize online gambling. He argued the seizures have made the need for legislation more urgent."When we make laws that Americans think are unjust, law-abiding people will break them," Campbell said in a phone interview. "We can make it legal, safe, regulated, taxed or continue to watch this sort of thing happen."see link for the rest