Dept Of Justice Indictments

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

– Tue Apr 12, 2:25 am ETSEOUL, South Korea – South Korean police say they've arrested a farmer for allegedly hiding about $10 million in cash in a garlic field. Police say his relatives made the money by running an illegal Internet gambling site.Police said Tuesday they've confiscated the money the farmer buried in his field in Gimje, about 160 miles (260 kilometers) south of Seoul.Police say the farmer, surnamed Lee, was arrested Monday.They say Lee's two brothers-in-law — one in prison and the other on the run — had asked him to hide the money.Police gave no further details, including what charges Lee's borthers-in-law face and whether the discovered money would add to their charges.

Eh, online poker was always rigged anyway. They made worse hands suck out more often to up the action. Plus, one time I saw flop before it was dealt.

ESPN_Poker Andrew FeldmanAccording to @GamblingComp, all the indicted sites, around the world, will be down within 48 hours. #gghow can they do this to the rest of the world?
By hitting their money. They've already seized dozens of accounts in the US and probably have legal means of going after the international money.
Lets see, I used my UK debit card, from a UK bank to make a deposit to a Company registered in the Isle of Man and the American government is after that? I do have sympathy with American poker players, it seems like you guys keep getting bad news after bad news in this issue.

This reminds me so much of 2006...except ten times worse. I feel so bad for all the US players about to lose their livelihood. Thank God I only have a few bucks online anymore. Guess I'm gonna get my last fix on FTP until I can't anymore. I guess non-US players will be fine except that games will only become drier. After '06 things dried up considerably because the average donkey couldn't get his money online anymore. Now I guess it gets even worse, GG poker boom.

Can I still play in the game of your life freerolls!? OMG i'm going to be one of those freerollers again!

Wow that really sucks. I got a little over $1000 on stars and hoping it just doesnt dissapear. If it does im deffinatly gonna drop a couple upperdeckers in the shitters at the Wynn next time there.

Wow that really sucks. I got a little over $1000 on stars and hoping it just doesnt dissapear. If it does im deffinatly gonna drop a couple upperdeckers in the shitters at the Wynn next time there.
As a Canadian I wouldn't be too concerned.One scenario that I could see happening is that there is going to be a bit of a run on these sites from non-Americans and it may take them a few days to be able to move money to their Canadian Cheque Processor or to Moneybookers so that Moneybookers withdrawal that usually takes a couple hours might take a couple days while they move money around.I was planning on taking about $2K out of my Poker Stars account Sunday night but I'm not sure whether I'll have them send it to Moneybookers or get a cheque.
Lets see, I used my UK debit card, from a UK bank to make a deposit to a Company registered in the Isle of Man and the American government is after that?
No. They are not after your money. They are after the money of the owners of the poker sites which was, according to their indictment, obtained in violation of US law.

Kevmath Kevin Mathers RT @AlexandraBerzon: from wynn: "...announced today that it terminated its alliance with PokerStars, the online poker company."

I never let my roll get above a certain point, but I'm basically writing off what I had on there. Thankfully, I had just processed (and cashed) a cashout and have enough cash on hand to support myself for a while and have another sideline that pays decent, but still, I'll miss that money... I guess now's the time to dust off the old resume and start looking for a real job. Anyone know anyone looking to hire a violent, convicted felon who doesn't take direction?