Dept Of Justice Indictments

officially the site was just seized
No, the domain for the website was seized. But so what. That has nothing to do with connecting to their offshore servers and playing. You can still sign in and open up a table. They just won't let you sit.
  • Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine what people who make their lives off of poker and have thousands of dollars in accounts must be going through right now.

Meet The Boy Genius Who Just Took Down The Online Poker IndustryFriday, 15 April 2011 15:21The internet is still coming to grips with the huge online gambling bust that just took down the U.S.'s three biggest online poker sites.But Australia's Courier-Mail already has the scoop on the one man who may have single-handedly built the online industry ... then handed it to the U.S. government on a platter.Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/boy-genius-...4#ixzz1JcpkoBG0Daniel Tzvetkoff online poker fbiImage: Courier-Mail The internet is still coming to grips with the huge online gambling bust that just took down the U.S.'s three biggest online poker sites.But Australia's Courier-Mail already has the scoop on the one man who may have single-handedly built the online industry ... then handed it to the U.S. government on a platter.According to this story, Daniel Tzvetkoff was a young Australian entrepreneur who set up the payment processing schemes used by the biggest poker sites to handle their (mostly illegal) transactions.He made Full Tilt Poker and Poker Stars millions of dollars — and making as much $150,000 a day for himself — but then got even more greedy and started taking them for himself. They sued him, demanding more than $100 million of their own money back.Then last April, Tzvetkoff was arrested in Las Vegas and charged with the same crimes those sites founders were charged with today: money laundering, bank fraud, wire fraud. As an Australian citizen with a lot of wealth, he was considered a flight risk and denied bail.Then after a "secret" meeting with prosecutors, he was suddenly out on bail. And now, his former colleagues are the ones facing serious jail time.Daniel Tzvetkoff knows the operations of these poker site inside and out. He's the one man positioned to give these companies to the U.S. Attorneys on a silver platter. And it looks like that's exactly what he did, cooperating with the authorities to avoid his own lengthy jail sentence.All the major gambling prosecutions in the U.S., since Tzvetkoff's arrest have been run out of the office of Arlo Devlin-Brown, the Manhattan Asst. U.S. Attorney, who is Tzvetkoff's "handler."According to a source, "He knows how to reverse-engineer transactions to determine its original source," making him very valuable to investigators.And the biggest irony of all? It's been rumored that the only reason the FBI got their hands on him is because Full Tilt or Poker Stars (the companies he used to work for and stole from) tipped off the FBI that he was going to be traveling to the United StatesThey ratted him out ... and he turned the tables. No honor among thieves.And as the Courier Mail put it, if this were still the old days, he'd buried in the Las Vegas desert right now.Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/boy-genius-...4#ixzz1JcpkoBG0

I can't imagine what people who make their lives off of poker and have thousands of dollars in accounts must be going through right now.
ugh for real, I dont even have 1K online and I'm sweating ever seeing it in my grubby hands

This reminds me of when they shut down neteller. TON of rage, panic, worry. But in the end we did get the money.I don't expect to be able to withdraw any time soon, but I also believe the money isn't going anywhere and will be accessible one way or another in due time. Or not...but I'd like to be optimistic about it.

I'm too high for superlatives, but it's really not fun.
http://theppa.org/press-releases/2011/04/1...anies-04152011/ NEWS RELEASECarolyn KempFor Immediate Distributionckemp@theheraldgroup.com (202) 617-3074 PPA Comments on Federal Action Against Online Poker CompaniesWASHINGTON, DC. (April 15, 2011)– Former Senator Alfonse D’Amato, Chairman of thePoker Players Alliance (PPA), the leading poker grassroots advocacy group with more than onemillion members nationwide, issued the comment below on today’s announcement on federalaction taken against online poker companies.“On behalf of the millions of poker players across the country, we are shocked at the action taken by the U.S. Department of Justice today against online poker companies and will continue tofight for Americans’ right to participate in the game they enjoy. Online poker is not a crime andshould not be treated as such. We are currently gathering all of the information around today’sannouncement and will offer detailed analysis when the full facts become available.”### About The Poker Players AllianceThe Poker Players Alliance ( www.theppa.org )is a nonprofit membership organization comprised of over 1,000,000online and offline poker players and enthusiasts from around the United States who have joined together to speak with one voice to promote the game and to protect poker players' rights.

I'm holding in my hands a $500 check from a Full Tilt processor and wondering if it's worth cashing. The funny thing is, I got it in the mail today! The 800 number on the check has a busy signal. I wonder if I should wait or head to the bank. It'll probably bounce...maybe buy a nice frame for it? :club:

"The authorities also issued restraining orders against more than 75 bank accounts, and seized five Internet domain names used by the companies to host their illegal poker games."Wonder if they are talking bout 75 players bank accounts, bank processing accounts or what?

"The authorities also issued restraining orders against more than 75 bank accounts, and seized five Internet domain names used by the companies to host their illegal poker games."Wonder if they are talking bout 75 players bank accounts, bank processing accounts or what?
Not player's accounts.
you can't currently transfer either.
I am sure it is the processing accounts and possibly the sites accounts. So not sure if the non-US people will get paid either.
I am sure it is the processing accounts and possibly the sites accounts. So not sure if the non-US people will get paid either.
Most of the Stars money would not be in bank accounts that the US Gov't can access.