PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (3 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is BB with [4c], [4s]. 1 fold, SB calls.Flop: (6 SB) [6s], [2h], [6d] (2 players)SB bets, SB calls.Turn: (5 BB) [5h] (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.River: (11 BB) [Td] (2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 13 BBSB is a major LAG. is 3-betting the turn wrong and if i 3-bet the turn should i raise the river?

I would fold pre-flop.I like the flop raise.I might fold the turn.
ugh no. Man, I'm seeing a showdown here against a LAG. I like the hand
I would fold pre-flop.I like the flop raise.I might fold the turn.
jesus christ man, stop nut peddling
sorry, Missed the LAG part.
the LAG part does help, but I'm not folding a blind steal here PF at all, I'm three betting it all day unless the villian was a rockiest of rocks

I think rr preflop is bad. If flop contains a card T-A and he raises you, are you seriously going to call off 2.5 more BB to see a showdown when there's a VERY good chance you're losing? IMO you pretty much hit a miracle flop, as it's going to be 9 high or less about 20% of the time. Extending it to J high or less, still only 43% of the time. Against a random hand, 44 is only 57% favorite.I'm by no means advocating folding the hand, but the only way you win the hand is if he isn't raising a pair and doesn't hit either of his cards AND doesn't make some random straight/flush.How would you have played the hand if flop was TQ3 rainbow and he raised you?However, post flop I think you played it well, though I'd say there's a very reasonable chance he has something like 6A or a mid-range pair.

I think rr preflop is bad. If flop contains a card T-A and he raises you, are you seriously going to call off 2.5 more BB to see a showdown when there's a VERY good chance you're losing? IMO you pretty much hit a miracle flop, as it's going to be 9 high or less about 20% of the time. Extending it to J high or less, still only 43% of the time. Against a random hand, 44 is only 57% favorite.I'm by no means advocating folding the hand, but the only way you win the hand is if he isn't raising a pair and doesn't hit either of his cards AND doesn't make some random straight/flush.How would you have played the hand if flop was TQ3 rainbow and he raised you?However, post flop I think you played it well, though I'd say there's a very reasonable chance he has something like 6A or a mid-range pair.
If you think this way, why do you play poker at all? 3 handed, you have position since the button folded, LAG player.. I'm at least 3 betting pf, if not the flop. I like this hand.
If you think this way, why do you play poker at all? 3 handed, you have position since the button folded, LAG player.. I'm at least 3 betting pf, if not the flop. I like this hand.
He should definately play aggressively on the flop, as I said. I agreed with all his post flop play. I simply question preflop.I ask again, do you call when flop comes 3TQ and he bets? How about Axx, Kxx? All I'm saying is a broadway card will come the vast majority of the time, and you will have no clue if you're winning or not, and when you lose it's going to cost you alot to find out.If you KNEW his hand range was limited to pairs, any 2 broadway, or all sc's down to 78, would you want to reraise? against that range you're a 44/56 dog.IMO the only way to play this hand profitably is to get a very nice flop (all low cards, the presented one is damn near ideal), and jam it. Feel free to explain how there's any other way, because again, a flop of TQ3 or Kxx and you could easily give up 3 BB just to see a showdown.Edit: Don't forget that he doesn't need to hit much of anything to beat you. Flop of 269 could look just fine, but it's easy for him to have tried a steal on 69o. Again, the problem here is that BECAUSE he is aggressive and BECAUSE he is loose, you're going to be investing alot of chips post flop, short of an AKQ flop. When you invest these chips you're going to have nothing but an under or middle-ish pair. It would be the same thing if you had like 45 on a 24T flop .. are you seriously going to jamming that with a LAG?
He should definately play aggressively on the flop, as I said. I agreed with all his post flop play. I simply question preflop.I ask again, do you call when flop comes 3TQ and he bets? How about Axx, Kxx? All I'm saying is a broadway card will come the vast majority of the time, and you will have no clue if you're winning or not, and when you lose it's going to cost you alot to find out.If you KNEW his hand range was limited to pairs, any 2 broadway, or all sc's down to 78, would you want to reraise? against that range you're a 44/56 dog.If I KNEW that, then of course not. But the OP doesn't present any evidence of this, in fact calls the SB a LAG, implying that he coud be raising with anything.IMO the only way to play this hand profitably is to get a very nice flop (all low cards, the presented one is damn near ideal), and jam it. Feel free to explain how there's any other way, because again, a flop of TQ3 or Kxx and you could easily give up 3 BB just to see a showdown.You're right, I could, and in this situation, I'm willing to do that if for nothing else than to let the LAG know he ain't pushing me around. And I might just happen to win the hand, too. What if he's raising with 43o? Edit: Don't forget that he doesn't need to hit much of anything to beat you. Flop of 269 could look just fine, but it's easy for him to have tried a steal on 69o. Again, the problem here is that BECAUSE he is aggressive and BECAUSE he is loose, you're going to be investing alot of chips post flop, short of an AKQ flop. When you invest these chips you're going to have nothing but an under or middle-ish pair. It would be the same thing if you had like 45 on a 24T flop .. are you seriously going to jamming that with a LAG?
Just about every time, considering my only read is his LAGness. I like the preflop 3 bet, it's almost a free card play before the flop. I like the flop raise, hate being 3-bet on the turn, and agree totally with calling down.
If I KNEW that, then of course not. But the OP doesn't present any evidence of this, in fact calls the SB a LAG, implying that he coud be raising with anything.
Let's be honest here, he doesn't have anything you're beating except for POSSIBLY 22 / 33. Even horrible and aggressive players aren't going to be raising with 23, 24, or 34. The only other hands you're ahead of is something like 3K, 2Q, and while he could easily be raising on just a high card like that, the overall chance preflop that both his cards are ranked 5 or higher (leaving you either a coinflip or 5 to 1 dog) is about 64% (780 out of 1300 combinations). Of the remaining 520 hands, many are unraisable by even the worst of players (23-29, 34-39, 45-49, etc). I think it's fairly safe to say that if he's raising, at least 70% or more of the time you're a coinflip at best. If you want to jam in money preflop when you're only a 55/45 favorite be my guest.
You're right, I could, and in this situation, I'm willing to do that if for nothing else than to let the LAG know he ain't pushing me around. And I might just happen to win the hand, too. What if he's raising with 43o?
Great, he can't push you around while he takes your money. And ask yourself, do you really want to invest more money just because he MIGHT have 34o? What do you honestly think are the chances he has worse than 56o (worst hand that's still a coinflip)?
Just about every time, considering my only read is his LAGness. I like the preflop 3 bet, it's almost a free card play before the flop. I like the flop raise, hate being 3-bet on the turn, and agree totally with calling down.
Yes, for a flop of 266, he should be jamming as only 55-AA, 6x, and 22 are beating him. Maybe it just comes down to play style preference but I think it's silly to invest alot of bets with a marginal hand against a player whom you could just as easily be either a 5 to 1 favorite or drawing dead. His raises mean nothing. He could actually have a hand, to which you'd only be spewing more, or he could be going for nothing but a bluff, but even if its the latter he still has 6 outs, and you are unlikely to get him to fold anyway.Plus the opposite of what you said earlier is true too. If he sees you call down something as marginal as 44 when he had something like medium pair on a 27T flop .. he's going to know the next time he has any real hand that you will definately call him down, if not raise.
I. Hate. You. Ice

The fact that it's three handed + LAG = gotta show this one down.Dunno if I'd raise the turn but I'd certainly 3 bet preflop and bet the flop.NH

results please
he showed A8 and i took down the pot.
Wow. I guess if you're actually playing against people THAT BAD then reraising preflop is a good idea. I'm completely stunned to be honest. Even the worst players I've played against don't RERAISE garbage. They raise once then maybe call down, but he 3 bet on a 9 outter (assuming he didnt have A8h since you didn't mention suits).

I'd of played it the same, think u played it fine 3 handed 44 is worth the 3bet pf. then on the flop definately raise. turn and river play seem fine also.

no way. You should seriously consider killing yourself.
or at least castration so that he doesn't pollute the world with more weak/tight Makata spawn.
no way. You should seriously consider killing yourself.
or at least castration so that he doesn't pollute the world with more weak/tight Makata spawn.
I'm filled with an irrational hatred of the style of poker you advocate, Makata. Henceforth, I declare you my arch-nemesis. Also, I declare that you are KingButt (KB).Ice