Road Trip Need Suggestions.

I have to drive to Vegas from Indy for a trade showy. I have to transport some stuff that can't fly.I have never driven the southern rout through OK and Texas so I'm gonna go that way, plus I get to stop at Renae's along the way.Are there any interesting places along the way that I should see. I've already done the Grand Canyon thing.

The southern route is desolate. I'm sure you could pick up some hitchhikers or do some daily-trip drug muling.

Plus who needs to spend time in two large holes frequented by multiple visitors a year?(Army sluttiness jokes are still funny, right?)
damnand yes, of course they are

I was in St Lois with my son and driving to Denver and told him we would stop and see everything cool there was to see.On the I-70 we stopped once to see the 5 legged cows and the world's largest gopher ( made of concrete.)Other than that there was no reason to stop for anything but gas and food.

You'll need the following for your trunk:Two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into locked a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. Don't ****in' pussy out.

I was in St Louis with my son and driving to Denver and told him we would stop and see everything cool there was to see.On the I-70 we stopped once to see the 5 legged cows and the world's largest gopher ( made of concrete.)Other than that there was no reason to stop for anything but gas and food.
if your son was 'cool with it' , you could of stopped off in Columbia and hit up some strip clubs with sub/par strippers.... one of the girls can smoke cigars with her pee pee ... but , you missed out , ahhhh good times
I have to drive to Vegas from Indy for a trade showy. I have to transport some stuff that can't fly.I have never driven the southern rout through OK and Texas so I'm gonna go that way, plus I get to stop at Renae's along the way.Are there any interesting places along the way that I should see. I've already done the Grand Canyon thing.
There is the OK City bombing place, I've never checked it out but wanted to. There is a huge cross in the middle of nowhere in the TX panhandle, but you can see all you need of that while driving by. Somewhere around there is the Stonehenge made out of Cadillacs, I think. Billy the Kid's grave, Some cool stuff in Albuquerque. Meteor Crater in AZ, Sedona isn't too far off I-40 I don't think. In Amarillo there is the Big Texan restaurant where you can try to eat a 72 oz. steak in an hour and you get it for free or something. Hoover Dam, Laughlin, NV (Lake Havasu). That's about all I can think of. I guess there's probably some cool stuff in St. Louis, like the arch and union station etc.

Ten years ago my company sent me to Vegas for a week. I'd always wanted to to drive across the country, particularly thru the desert. So I hopped in the Jeep and set out to follow Route 66. What a dud. While I certainly enjoyed the drive - I love long drives - there wasn't really much to Route 66 that seemed terribly unique. The natural beauty of this country, particularly New Mexico and Arizona was nothing short of stunning. My plans for camping out under the Desert Sky were ruined by my total underestimation of how freaking cold it gets in the Desert in February. Had a great time in Vegas when my buddy and I set out and started following this crushed gravel "road" that parallels the power lines cutting thru the high desert all the way to LA. We found a little spur off of this that led to an old mine. We (foolishly) went into the mine all the way to it's end - about 1,800 feet. If anything had happened we would have been in big trouble since we hadn't told anyone of our plans. Still glad I did it, and I'll probably do it again with my current Jeep. Trips like that put some soul into the machine - and the man driving it.