How Should I Played This Hand Better

PokerStars Game #60779404456: Tournament #384481396, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2011/04/13 15:43:32 ETTable '384481396 4' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 1: kristall12 (1620 in chips) is sitting outSeat 2: Real Texan (1244 in chips) Seat 3: rcgs59 (1590 in chips) Seat 4: hzlaohu (1500 in chips) Seat 5: 1_pixie_dust (992 in chips) Seat 7: Fun Crissy (1109 in chips) Seat 8: CrazyKinks (1500 in chips) Seat 9: Lizetta (1515 in chips) kristall12: posts small blind 15Real Texan: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rcgs59 [Qh Qc]rcgs59: raises 51 to 81hzlaohu: folds 1_pixie_dust: calls 81Fun Crissy: folds CrazyKinks: folds Lizetta: folds kristall12: folds Real Texan: calls 51*** FLOP *** [Ah Ad 5h]Real Texan: bets 300rcgs59: calls 3001_pixie_dust: folds *** TURN *** [Ah Ad 5h] [Ac]Real Texan: checks rcgs59: bets 471Real Texan: calls 471*** RIVER *** [Ah Ad 5h Ac] [6c]Real Texan: checks rcgs59: bets 401Real Texan: calls 392 and is all-inUncalled bet (9) returned to rcgs59*** SHOW DOWN ***rcgs59: shows [Qh Qc] (a full house, Aces full of Queens)Real Texan: shows [9d As] (four of a kind, Aces)rcgs59 said, "wow"Real Texan collected 2584 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2584 | Rake 0 Board [Ah Ad 5h Ac 6c]Seat 1: kristall12 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: Real Texan (big blind) showed [9d As] and won (2584) with four of a kind, AcesSeat 3: rcgs59 showed [Qh Qc] and lost with a full house, Aces full of QueensSeat 4: hzlaohu folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: 1_pixie_dust folded on the FlopSeat 7: Fun Crissy folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: CrazyKinks folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Lizetta (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)yes this was a bad beat cooler but , I am not sure I really played this hand right. 1. It taught me to raise my pre-flop betting to x4-x5 instead of the 2.7 as we are taught in small ball. 2. Knowing the flop with the 2 aces, I should have folded? and not called placing her on ace rag as usual, but being she was a gold star I figured she would not play ace rag lol, wrong I guess I gave her odds to call me pre-flop, I didn't have many hands on her in my HEM only 4 so I could not put her on much of a range. 3. When I did call and hooked the 3 ace on the turn, I figured the odds for her having that 4 ace were minimal again wrong that is the reason I did bet there, instead of checking to see if she had maybe a smaller PP.then this ridiculous handUTG +2 limps with 96 os, I am BB with AK, when it gets back to me of course I am shoving being short stacked. But for her to call all in pre with 96os is crazy maybe she had an good size stack but there were other limpers in who folded lol.I need patience today I swear some of these women play so fing bad, but I guess I did which is the irony in all this.[3:57:40 PM] Rose: PokerStars Game #60779829795: Tournament #384481396, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2011/04/13 15:51:12 ETTable '384481396 4' 9-max Seat #9 is the buttonSeat 2: Real Texan (2519 in chips) Seat 3: rcgs59 (301 in chips) Seat 4: hzlaohu (1620 in chips) Seat 5: 1_pixie_dust (896 in chips) Seat 6: Lady84986 (2639 in chips) Seat 9: Lizetta (2075 in chips) Real Texan: posts small blind 25rcgs59: posts big blind 50*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to rcgs59 [Kc Ah]hzlaohu: folds 1_pixie_dust: folds Lady84986: calls 50Lizetta: calls 50Real Texan: folds erinass is connected rcgs59: raises 251 to 301 and is all-inLady84986: calls 251Lizetta: calls 251*** FLOP *** [5h 3s 9s]Lady84986: bets 150Lizetta: folds Uncalled bet (150) returned to Lady84986*** TURN *** [5h 3s 9s] [Ts]fawn0 is connected *** RIVER *** [5h 3s 9s Ts] [Th]*** SHOW DOWN ***rcgs59: shows [Kc Ah] (a pair of Tens)Lady84986: shows [9c 6d] (two pair, Tens and Nines)Lady84986 collected 928 from potrcgs59 finished the tournament in 37th place*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 928 | Rake 0 Board [5h 3s 9s Ts Th]Seat 2: Real Texan (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 3: rcgs59 (big blind) showed [Kc Ah] and lost with a pair of TensSeat 4: hzlaohu folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: 1_pixie_dust folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Lady84986 showed [9c 6d] and won (928) with two pair, Tens and NinesSeat 9: Lizetta (button) folded on the Flopwtf ****in donkey calling with a 96 after she limps, I went all in donkey ass[3:58:23 PM] Rose: all in pre and ****in calls with a 96 utg+2

Tournament #384481396, $5.00+$0.50 USD This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should tell you the play will be bad,seeing someone,cry/berate over $5.50 makes you worst than the 6-9os call IMO

Tournament #384481396, $5.00+$0.50 USD This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ should tell you the play will be bad,seeing someone,cry/berate over $5.50 makes you worst than the 6-9os call IMO
these are the same plays I am seeing at the $50 +5 as well. It's how some women play the game but you would think that some would learn how to play better.and yes I am crying and berating today, it happens every once in a while. the reason I posted this was to get feedback on my QQ hand as I still think I played it badly or wrong and I want to improve my play, so that I can play it more correctly. So flame away as you want to do. It doesn't help improve my play does it. what difference is the stakes if you want to improve your game to move up in them. Everyone plays to what there bankroll allows.
yes this was a bad beat cooler but , I am not sure I really played this hand right. 1. It taught me to raise my pre-flop betting to x4-x5 instead of the 2.7 as we are taught in small ball. 2. Knowing the flop with the 2 aces, I should have folded? and not called placing her on ace rag as usual, but being she was a gold star I figured she would not play ace rag lol, wrong I guess I gave her odds to call me pre-flop, I didn't have many hands on her in my HEM only 4 so I could not put her on much of a range. 3. When I did call and hooked the 3 ace on the turn, I figured the odds for her having that 4 ace were minimal again wrong that is the reason I did bet there, instead of checking to see if she had maybe a smaller PP.
I think you played it fine preflop and on the turn and river. On the flop I might consider folding considering the player to act behind and the fact she? overbet into two people.
Hey rose we have a firefox plugin for the feral cow converter now...
thx VB

1st hand, here's how I would of been thinking (I play these idiots) Preflop: I bet to 90 (3X) at 15/30 there is no need to bet 4 or 5X here you want to get called with worse when you have a strong hand like QQ and with this group if they're going to call they're going to call. Never alter you raise based on hand strength. Flop: She donk bet you - if she hit trip aces and has a brain she's not going to bet here and with 2 aces on the board it makes it less likely she has one so I'm pretty much calling the flop.Turn: I'm proceeding carefully now and since she checked here I'm probably checking behind just in case because these women do love to play ace rags.River: As played, tricky here, a check back is the most conservative but with the 3rd ace on the board it would be harder to believe she has the forth so I don't hate the bet here. If she bet the river after checking the turn I'd probably call.I don't really have any real problem with the way you played it at all.2nd hand:Standard 100% I know these beats are hard to take but honestly if you could start getting in more games and increase your volume considerably and play more tables you'll find they get easier to handle. So you have to stop worrying about the results. All you can do is play your best. It helps me to think in terms of Sklansky bucks, yesterday I earned lots of Sklansky bucks so maybe tonight I'll get to spend some. :-)

Zeebo theorem, jam the turn.
This.Toss up between doin' that and what Dixie said, check turn - call river, considering the flop overbet.I also don't think limping is a bad play there, so early in the tourney.

HAND 1-fold the flop instead, but if you must call, only bet one of the two following streets

f you are going out of every tournament with hands like this you are doing well.

Wrong!
Just "Wrong!" not very helpful. :club: Were you trying for minimum verbosity (obscure Zork reference) Of course it is wrong but it is also right, as I would state that every statement in poker, that does not have a limiting caveat added to it, is bot right and wrong.I was making the point that good players generally go out of tournaments on hands where there was a reasonable expectation of being ahead. Or more accurately they made a good play against a range of hands. Good players often make G-bucks but loose the actual tournament.
HAND 1-fold the flop instead, but if you must call, only bet one of the two following streets
Not disagreeing just want to dissect and refine the logic.What range of hands do you put the villain on?To be honest I was surprised that a very loose range of Any Ace, Any Pair, Any Heart Heart is 55% on the flop POKERSTOVE ANALYSIS 198,000 games 0.032 secs 6,187,500 games/secBoard: Ah Ad 5hDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 45.342% 45.02% 00.32% 89147 630.00 { QcQh }Hand 1: 54.658% 54.34% 00.32% 107593 630.00 { 22+, A2s+, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, Kh9h, Kh8h, Kh7h, Kh6h, Kh5h, Kh4h, Kh3h, Kh2h, QhJh, QhTh, Qh9h, Qh8h, Qh7h, Qh6h, Qh5h, Qh4h, Qh3h, Qh2h, JhTh, Jh9h, Jh8h, Jh7h, Jh6h, Jh5h, Jh4h, Jh3h, Jh2h, Th9h, Th8h, Th7h, Th6h, Th5h, Th4h, Th3h, Th2h, 9h8h, 9h7h, 9h6h, 9h5h, 9h4h, 9h3h, 9h2h, 8h7h, 8h6h, 8h5h, 8h4h, 8h3h, 8h2h, 7h6h, 7h5h, 7h4h, 7h3h, 7h2h, 6h5h, 6h4h, 6h3h, 6h2h, 5h4h, 5h3h, 5h2h, 4h3h, 4h2h, 3h2h, A2o+ }
1st hand, here's how I would of been thinking (I play these idiots) Preflop: I bet to 90 (3X) at 15/30 there is no need to bet 4 or 5X here you want to get called with worse when you have a strong hand like QQ and with this group if they're going to call they're going to call. Never alter you raise based on hand strength. Flop: She donk bet you - if she hit trip aces and has a brain she's not going to bet here and with 2 aces on the board it makes it less likely she has one so I'm pretty much calling the flop.Turn: I'm proceeding carefully now and since she checked here I'm probably checking behind just in case because these women do love to play ace rags.River: As played, tricky here, a check back is the most conservative but with the 3rd ace on the board it would be harder to believe she has the forth so I don't hate the bet here. If she bet the river after checking the turn I'd probably call.
Ok, this logic is pretty lol on the turn/river. If we don't think she is ever donking an Ace on the flop, why the hell do we think it is more likely that she has an ace when the 3rd ace hits board? So there really is no point in checking the back on the turn. River isn't tricky b/c we have the 3rd nuts and we are going to get called by almost all boats b/c people don't like using that fold button. I just think your logic in the hand is contradicting
f you are going out of every tournament with hands like this you are doing well.Just "Wrong!" not very helpful. :club: Were you trying for minimum verbosity (obscure Zork reference) Of course it is wrong but it is also right, as I would state that every statement in poker, that does not have a limiting caveat added to it, is bot right and wrong.I was making the point that good players generally go out of tournaments on hands where there was a reasonable expectation of being ahead. Or more accurately they made a good play against a range of hands. Good players often make G-bucks but loose the actual tournament.
If you're ALWAYS getting it in ahead in tournaments, you probably have big problems with your game.