2011 Nhl Playoffs!

I had a feeling the Sharks would lose, while watching OT. Luongo, for once, actually looked like he wasn't going to be beaten. Despite fumbling a few pucks, he was always square to the puck, with no sunlight behind him. Van wasn't getting much pressure, but Niemmi looked shaky on every shot.
Especially the knucklepuck...it's unstoppable!
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Canucks were spot on when celebrating like they did when they beat the Blackhawks. They got over their demons and have looked in control these past two series. I'm looking forward to the finals, I would prefer Boston just because their defense against Vancouver's forwards would be fun to watch.

Maybe the Canucks were spot on when celebrating like they did when they beat the Blackhawks. They got over their demons and have looked in control these past two series. I'm looking forward to the finals, I would prefer Boston just because their defense against Vancouver's forwards would be fun to watch.
Plus the guarantee of seeing a team hoist the Cup that hasn't done so in 40 years. Either Boston or Vancouver...I'm still pulling for Tampa, but I think it's pretty much a done deal and Boston will put up a better fight against Vancouver anyway.
Plus the guarantee of seeing a team hoist the Cup that hasn't done so in 40 years. Either Boston or Vancouver...I'm still pulling for Tampa, but I think it's pretty much a done deal and Boston will put up a better fight against Vancouver anyway.
oh ye of little faith.
Here goes absolutely nothing...Wash over NYR in 6Buff over Phi in 6Bos over MTL in 5TB over Pitt in 6Van over Chi in 5SJ over LA in 5Det over Phx in 7Ana over Nash in 6Wash over Buff in 7Bos over TB in 6Van over Ana in 6SJ over Det in 6Bos over Wash in 7Van over SJ in 6Van over Bos in 7
first time I ever got both SCF teams right. Should be a GREAT series.
Bet on this...HARD!WAS over NYR in 6PHI over BUF in 7BOS over MTL in 5PIT over TB in 6VAN over CHI in 6SJ over LA in 5DET over PHX in 7NAS over ANA in 6-----WAS over PIT in 6BOS over PHI in 7VAN over NAS in 5SJ over DET in 6----BOS over WAS in 6VAN over SJ in 6---VAN over BOS in 7--Conn Smythe Winner = Roberto Luongo
Other than Tampa taking over the role of Washington, I did well.
Why does everyone believe that Vancouver will win this handily?
I think its due to the fact VAN is so dominant on the PP, the Bruins are horrible on the PK and PP, and VAN had the best record and is obv at home for the series.However, people seem to overlook the fact that Boston has the best 5-on-5 goal ratio in the playoffs (1.74-1). That's what I believe will keep it close. Both teams have good goalies so that's a wash imo. The deciding factors to me are if the Boston D, namely Chara, can shut down the Sedins and if Boston can stay out of the penalty box. I think this thing is going seven games and should be a classic series of Vancouver's speed and skill vs Boston's physical style.
I`m now rooting for a canuck sweep, simply because I cannot fathom watching a seven game series of hockey that boring...
I didnt think the game was that boring at all...espically the 3rd period
I can't imagine how any hockey fan could possibly find that game boring.
Because the theme of both teams was get the puck in and cycle, rather than try to create off the rush. Dump it in, fight for possession, toss it back out to the neutral zone, turn it around, dump it back in.. part of this was due to the penalties... no flow...

Meh, I'm just easily entertained, I guess.The whole bar thought it was an exciting game, and then I kept reading people on Twitter calling it boring. I dunno.I don't think it's possible for a tied/1-goal Stanley Cup Final game to be boring, but that's just me. I'm easy.

Neither team played particularly well with the exception of the goalies. It wasn't the most exciting game I've ever seen nor was it the most boring. I think the delay between the end of the last round and the start of the finals had a lot to do with it.Also, how you watch a game and where you watch a game has a lot to do with how entertained you will be, imo.