2011 Nhl Playoffs!

Seriously? Well, firstly you are right. Obviously Stalberg. No one jumping in.In that play Stalberg hits Raymond (cleanly), then the hit on Bieksa (not dirty, but Bieksa probably didn't like it), then it looks like Bieksa was challenging him up the ice, and only drops them after Stalberg slashes Lapierre. It was 7-1 at the time, and Stalberg was antagonizing. That is not Bieksa cherry-picking, that is him grabbing a guy antagonizing his teammates, when he finds himself in a good situation to do so.
I just scored tickets to game 4 of Canucks vs Sharks. My first hockey game!
That is awesome! Have a great time.
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Well, firstly you are right. Obviously Stalberg. No one jumping in.In that play Stalberg hits Raymond (cleanly), then the hit on Bieksa (not dirty, but Bieksa probably didn't like it), then it looks like Bieksa was challenging him up the ice, and only drops them after Stalberg slashes Lapierre. It was 7-1 at the time, and Stalberg was antagonizing. That is not Bieksa cherry-picking, that is him grabbing a guy antagonizing his teammates, when he finds himself in a good situation to do so.
lol...OKLet's see if Bieksa takes on Clowe who wanted a piece of Lapierre...or Eager who was antagonizing Luongo.
lol...OKLet's see if Bieksa takes on Clowe who wanted a piece of Lapierre...or Eager who was antagonizing Luongo.
From that list, Bieksa has mainly fought guys like Clowe. Eager is a different story, and not someone he should be fighting. I think you're stretching to suggest he's cherry-picking, especially since you could only question it if the player is more useful than him (Marleau), given his history suggests he's willing to fight guys tougher than Stalberg.Sorry, any Canadian should still be rooting for the Canucks : )
From that list, Bieksa has mainly fought guys like Clowe. Eager is a different story, and not someone he should be fighting. I think you're stretching to suggest he's cherry-picking, especially since you could only question it if the player is more useful than him (Marleau), given his history suggests he's willing to fight guys tougher than Stalberg.Sorry, any Canadian should still be rooting for the Canucks : )
I haven't mentioned anything about the talent of the players involved. Fighting a guy like Stalberg and a guy like Marleau who hasn't fought since 2007 is cherr-picking in my books.The Canucks have the fewest Canadian players of the four remaining teams. Vancouver had the Olympics so just being Canadian isn't enough for me to cheer for them.
Sorry, any Canadian should still be rooting for the Canucks : )
this is such bs. The Canucks are a local/regional sports team. Don't understand why I am supposed to root for them over any other team. Glocal?

Yeah I'm definitely NOT cheering for the Canucks.I don't pick who I cheer for based on any set of rules, like location. I just like some teams, and dislike others.I don't like the Habs or Senators because of rivalries with the Leafs. I actually enjoyed watching the Habs play in the playoffs this year though. I thought they played really gutsy, and I was rooting for them to beat the Bruins by the end of the series.I don't like the Canucks because I had to watch them play 6 games this year against the oilers and they are just a terrible team to watch play hockey. Maybe a Canucks fan or supporter can look past the diving and other antics, but as a (previously) impartial fan, it drove me to hate them. Everything I have seen this playoffs has further enforced my feelings. Now, I realize at this point, my view of them is slanted in the other direction, but I got to this point with no help from regional rivalries, just from watching them play.

Once Montreal gets eliminated then I can find something or someone to be happy for no matter who wins...even the Leafs or Bruins.

Win or lose the series...Tampa Bay is impressing the hell out of me.And seriously, what a fucking hockey player Marty St. Louis is!

Once Montreal gets eliminated then I can find something or someone to be happy for no matter who wins...even the Leafs or Bruins.
Yeah, that's fine. I could legit be happy for any of the 4 teams left, but since I have really good friends who are Bruins/Sharks fans, that's who I'm cheering for. I'm not a traitor.

Sorry, guess I'm just proud of being Canadian. I strongly feel a sense of community with other Canadians. If I'm travelling, and I meet another Canadian, that means something to me, different than if they were not Canadian. I know the Canucks have few Canadians, but I'm really not cheering for the individual players. I'm cheering with my fellow Canadians in Vancouver.I was planning on writing the first sentence, and it was just a joke since we have discussed this to death. The rest is actually my feelings I guess, since I've never really felt happy with how I've worded them.

Well the sharks looked great the whole game aside from the three straight 3 on 5 power plays lol.I was impressed with all the Canucks fans that showed up for the game. There were a lot of them.

^^^^^I couldn't tell if there were really that many Vancouver fans screaming 'Luuuuuuuuuuuuuu', or if San Jose were mocking it by saying 'Booooooooooooo'

I didn't watch the game, but I just read that Vancouver has a whopping THIRTEEN shots on goal. I don't know what's sadder... Vancouver only getting 13 shots, or that four of them went in.

^^^^^I couldn't tell if there were really that many Vancouver fans screaming 'Luuuuuuuuuuuuuu', or if San Jose were mocking it by saying 'Booooooooooooo'
It was definitely Luuuuuuuuuu. They also came in costumes and shit. There were a couple dudes in a Terrence and Philip (from South Park) getup with the flopping head masks and everything. There aren't any San Jose fans like that. I wonder how many Sharks fans make the trek up to Vancouver, probably not many. Like I said, I was very impressed with their fanbase.
I think the amount of 5 on 3 the Sharks let the Canucks have in that short amount of time is the saddest part. That was just pretty horrible on their part.Lot of work cut out for them.
I couldn't believe what was happening, I'm not that familiar with hockey stats, but three 5 on 3 goals in 2 minutes has to be a record? Or close to a record? I was trying to tell everyone that we were witnessing history but I was just met with groans and "shutups" lol

Not sure if it's a record but I saw that the Canucks only had one 5 on 3 goal all season before that outburst.

Anybody else think that Downie's shot hit the post more than Thomas saved it? Still a sick effort by Thomas to even get over there.

I couldn't believe what was happening, I'm not that familiar with hockey stats, but three 5 on 3 goals in 2 minutes has to be a record? Or close to a record? I was trying to tell everyone that we were witnessing history but I was just met with groans and "shutups" lol
I believe it is the first time in NHL history that a team has scored 3 5-on-3 goals in the same game in the playoffs.
Anybody else think that Downie's shot hit the post more than Thomas saved it? Still a sick effort by Thomas to even get over there.
I just watched several replays of it. It may have brushed the post, but Thomas definitely got his stick on it, and it definitely would have gone in if he didn't get there.Pretty incredible save

What a terrible finish to one of the best hockey games of the season.Sharks deserved such a better fate, IMO. They crushed the Canucks in shots over the last two games. Too bad.They were anything but chokers this season, they simply lost to the team that crushed everyone in the regular season. Nothing to be ashamed of with that.

I had a feeling the Sharks would lose, while watching OT. Luongo, for once, actually looked like he wasn't going to be beaten. Despite fumbling a few pucks, he was always square to the puck, with no sunlight behind him. Van wasn't getting much pressure, but Niemmi looked shaky on every shot.