2011 Nhl Playoffs!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't get the Eager thing either. I get he's trying to rattle Luongo, but you're talking shit after scoring a goal to decrease your deficit to a minute FOUR goals with less than 3 minutes left. Is ANY goaltender really going to get rattled? My reaction would just be to laugh and tell him to look at the scoreboard. If it were about the boobies, you'd think he would high stick a Canuck in the face and make him bleed. 4 min of boobies > 2 min of boobies. Duh!

I'm somewhat surprised at how many penalties the Canucks are taking. I'm not talking about the refs here. I guess I'm really just more surprised at the Sharks' play since a major part of drawing those penalties is the Sharks not moving their feet and maintaining possessions.Anyway, I'm hoping Eager doesn't see the ice for a few games at least.

Viktor Stalberg, Patrick Marleau...assuming Vancouver makes it to the finals, will Kevin Bieksa fight Tomas Kaberle or Marty St. Louis?

Viktor Stalberg, Patrick Marleau...assuming Vancouver makes it to the finals, will Kevin Bieksa fight Tomas Kaberle or Marty St. Louis?
Its smarter than fighting Lucic or Thompson.
Bieksa - 6'1, 205Stalberg - 6'3, 210Marleau - 6'2, 220I realize size isn't anything, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me. I haven't watched the fights, but I don't think he's dropping the gloves early to 'force' a fight as I've seen others do.Still smarter than fighting Lucic (6'3, 228)All sizes from Yahoo.
Bieksa - 6'1, 205Stalberg - 6'3, 210Marleau - 6'2, 220I realize size isn't anything, but that doesn't seem like a problem to me. I haven't watched the fights, but I don't think he's dropping the gloves early to 'force' a fight as I've seen others do.Still smarter than fighting Lucic (6'3, 228)All sizes from Yahoo.
LOL...for real?Tie Domi - 5'8", 213 lbsMario Lemieux - 6'4", 235 lbsIf size isn't anything then why do you list the sizes of the players discussed and then claim it doesn't seem like a problem to you?
LOL...for real?Tie Domi - 5'8", 213 lbsMario Lemieux - 6'4", 235 lbsIf size isn't anything then why do you list the sizes of the players discussed and then claim it doesn't seem like a problem to you?
"Size isn't anything" isn't what I meant. I meant to say it isn't everything. This wasn't Ben Eager fighting the Sedins. Bieksa is a useful player, not a fighter. He's playing 20 minutes a game. Or 15, I don't really know. But more than 6. Marleau is bigger than him, if he wants to fight, go for it. As for Stalberg, he's less useful and bigger than Bieksa.I only have an issue if you are accusing him of purposely looking to fight weaker star players. If your accusation is just that he's fighting non-fighters (not necessarily people more useful than him), than I don't really care either way.
I was "pulling" for the Bruins before.http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl-wp5215Now I want the Lightning to lose.
I kind of get this. Basically they're just whiners. I love the radio guy saying they moved in like Seal Team 6 to stand up for their team. That's not really accurate, since standing up for your team when the other team is making a joke would be to make a good joke back. Not to cry and whine. The reference to Seal Team 6 pretty much seals that this guy fits all the negative talk show sports guy characteristics, and is really just a loud dick.

So this Tampa guy is a loudmouth whining dick...ok. Judging Tampa Bay Lightning fans based on his dickness would be the same as judging Bruins fans based on the dickness of those who like to harass the fans of opposing teams in the washroom.Not that anyone cares, but I don't really have an overwhelming preference as to which of the remaining four teams I would like to see win. My slight preference would be:1. San Jose Sharks - Ryane Clowe, Elephant Vagina and many players who have never won it.2. Boston Bruins - Michael Ryder and many players who have never won it.3. Tampa Bay Lightning - Teddy Purcell, Steven Stamkos, Marty St. Louis and many players who have never won it.4. Vancouver Canucks - someone has to be last.And re: Bieksa...he's playing very well and he's considered by many to be a tough player. Fighting Stalberg and Marleau is NOT tough.

So this Tampa guy is a loudmouth whining dick...ok. Judging Tampa Bay Lightning fans based on his dickness would be the same as judging Bruins fans based on the dickness of those who like to harass the fans of opposing teams in the washroom.And re: Bieksa...he's playing very well and he's considered by many to be a tough player. Fighting Stalberg and Marleau is NOT tough.
Except that apparently the signs were taken down because of the many complains (death threats?) called/written in by Tampa fans. So it's not just one guy. Bieksa may well be a tough, hard-working player. But even his mother wouldn't call him tough based on fighting Stalberg and Marleau. Thanks to Dale's helpful links, I will point out some of his other fights this year. I'm typing this without actually looking yet at who he fought, so I'm not sure what direction this post will go in.2010-11:Troy Brouwer (playoffs)Craig AdamsAaron VorosTom Kostopolous2009-10:Darcy TuckerBJ CrombeenBJ CrombeenMike RichardsEric NystromSo, not exactly a list of heavyweights, but doesn't look like he's cherry-picking either.
Except that apparently the signs were taken down because of the many complains (death threats?) called/written in by Tampa fans. So it's not just one guy. Bieksa may well be a tough, hard-working player. But even his mother wouldn't call him tough based on fighting Stalberg and Marleau. Thanks to Dale's helpful links, I will point out some of his other fights this year. I'm typing this without actually looking yet at who he fought, so I'm not sure what direction this post will go in.2010-11:Troy Brouwer (playoffs)Craig AdamsAaron VorosTom Kostopolous2009-10:Darcy TuckerBJ CrombeenBJ CrombeenMike RichardsEric NystromSo, not exactly a list of heavyweights, but doesn't look like he's cherry-picking either.
He's cherry-picking in these playoffs, imo.And yes Zach, Marleau dropped first, but you can see Bieksa challenging him. Once Bieksa challenges him, Marleau is put in a very hard place after doing next to nothing and being called gutless by Roenick.Also, Marleau's last fight was 2007.
He's cherry-picking in these playoffs, imo.And yes Zach, Marleau dropped first, but you can see Bieksa challenging him. Once Bieksa challenges him, Marleau is put in a very hard place after doing next to nothing and being called gutless by Roenick.Also, Marleau's last fight was 2007.
I didn't see the game, though the site has that fight as Brouwer, not Stalberg. Brouwer is about Bieksa's size, with a similar fight card as well. I'm assuming he was picking on Stalberg or something and Brouwer stepped in?He may be cherry-picking in these playoffs, but one fight doesn't mean that. Maybe he and Marleau have a history, maybe he just saw an opportunity to take out one of the most important Sharks players.p.s. I have Bieksa in the FCHL, and am enjoying defending him because I typically learn a lot from playing devil's advocate against Dale. I don't really have a stance either way.
The reference to Seal Team 6 pretty much seals that this guy fits all the negative talk show sports guy characteristics, and is really just a loud dick.
well said.
I didn't see the game, though the site has that fight as Brouwer, not Stalberg. Brouwer is about Bieksa's size, with a similar fight card as well. I'm assuming he was picking on Stalberg or something and Brouwer stepped in?He may be cherry-picking in these playoffs, but one fight doesn't mean that. Maybe he and Marleau have a history, maybe he just saw an opportunity to take out one of the most important Sharks players.p.s. I have Bieksa in the FCHL, and am enjoying defending him because I typically learn a lot from playing devil's advocate against Dale. I don't really have a stance either way.