2011 Nhl Playoffs!

Who pays for the failure of the Caps in the playoffs again? Is it a failure, when you make the final 8?Boudreau, McPhee..Ovy???
With that team? Of course it is a failure. Anything less than a Cup is unacceptable, given their recent regular season dominance.
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see them both go or neither go or one or the other.Both: they had the players they wantedNeither: BM stick together. they can improve. it's the goalie's fault (pretty bad in this one). the players still respond to the coach.Bou: he's just not getting it doneMac: he didn't address their biggest need of a goalie

Bruce Boudreau needs to have a one-on-one conversation with Nicklas Backstrom and let him know his first 2 or 3 shifts will determine if he plays any more tomorrow night. He is awful right now.

A certain poster here who is very smart made a small wager on Tampa Bay to win the Cup before the playoffs started. Not sure of the exact odds, but when he told me it sounded pretty good..Wasnt looking great after 3-1 Pitts but after 6 wins in a row, not a bad pick.I hope I didnt jinx him...

A certain poster here who is very smart made a small wager on Tampa Bay to win the Cup before the playoffs started. Not sure of the exact odds, but when he told me it sounded pretty good..Wasnt looking great after 3-1 Pitts but after 6 wins in a row, not a bad pick.I hope I didnt jinx him...
Stop trying you bastard!(whoever the poster is):club:
Stop trying you bastard!(whoever the poster is):club:
If we dont disclose the person no jinx..and look they won tonightDONE:)
Plus the Flyers went 82-0 in the regular season. Never thought they'd potentially get swept.
The Caps could have also used an Ovechtrick...or 2, or 3, or 4.
The Caps could have also used an Ovechtrick...or 2, or 3, or 4.
Ovechkin - 4pts (2G, 2A)Backstrom - 1pt (A)Semin - 2pts (G, A)Green - 1pt (A)That's not exactly a "mighty" showing out of the Washington top 4...
I'm glad Vancouver is doing well, because I care very little about any of the rest of the teams.
I'm actually hoping for Nashville to beat Vancouver.
I'm actually hoping for Nashville to beat Vancouver.
As am I...mostly because I don't like Vancouver very much. The hockey team, not the city. I'd love to visit the city sometime.
tee-hee
The Caps also have a goalie named Semyon Varlamov...but his legal name was Semen before he changed it. I think George McPhee has a fetish.

Semyon was Simeon a couple years ago. Dunno about the Semen part.==========I don't care if the Canucks win or lose. I also don't really care about the Preds. I tend to find myself subconsciously rooting for the underdogs in these spots, though.People at the bar were getting all over me for not immediately declaring the Canucks as my favorite team because they're the last Canadian team. Like wtf does that have to do with anything? Every team has Canadian players, why do I care that the team is based in Canada? Is all of Canada going to rejoice if the Canucks win or something? Am I going to be partying in the street like I did for the Olympics last year? **** no! I just don't get it.

Semyon was Simeon a couple years ago. Dunno about the Semen part.==========I don't care if the Canucks win or lose. I also don't really care about the Preds. I tend to find myself subconsciously rooting for the underdogs in these spots, though.People at the bar were getting all over me for not immediately declaring the Canucks as my favorite team because they're the last Canadian team. Like wtf does that have to do with anything? Every team has Canadian players, why do I care that the team is based in Canada? Is all of Canada going to rejoice if the Canucks win or something? Am I going to be partying in the street like I did for the Olympics last year? **** no! I just don't get it.
Pretty much what i get everyday if I dont support the Canadian teams.

Vancouver probably dives more than any other team in the NHL. I really can't handle watching them play hockey. Plus I can't stand Kesler and Burrows. Thus, I am rooting heavily for the predators, as I did for the Hawks in round 1.

Vancouver probably dives more than any other team in the NHL. I really can't handle watching them play hockey. Plus I can't stand Kesler and Burrows. Thus, I am rooting heavily for the predators, as I did for the Hawks in round 1.
Love Ryan Kesler, he's one of the only players on the team that I do like. Freely admit that he's a massive diver though.