2011 Nhl Playoffs!

Figured we could keep the playoff stuff in one place. I know people made some predictions elsewhere, but it'd be cool to have them all in one place.So, here are my very poorly thought out, almost certainly homer-based predictions:Washington in 6Buffalo in 6Boston in 6Pittsburgh in 6Vancouver in 6San Jose in 5Phoenix in 7Anaheim in 6I tend to hate doing bracket style predictions for the NHL, because of the re-seeding, but since my first round will be 8/8, here we go.Buffalo in 7Boston in 7Vancouver in 6San Jose in 6Boston in 6San Jose in 7San Jose in 6 (Conn Smythe to Ryan Clowe)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off the top of my head, these may vary from my wildly innacurate predictions made in another thread.Washington in 5Philly in 6Boston in 7Tampa in 6Vancouver in 5LA in 6Detroit in 6Anaheim in 4

Bet on this...HARD!WAS over NYR in 6PHI over BUF in 7BOS over MTL in 5PIT over TB in 6VAN over CHI in 6SJ over LA in 5DET over PHX in 7NAS over ANA in 6-----WAS over PIT in 6BOS over PHI in 7VAN over NAS in 5SJ over DET in 6----BOS over WAS in 6VAN over SJ in 6---VAN over BOS in 7--Conn Smythe Winner = Roberto Luongo

I will do less wishful thinking this time around and more what I think has the best chance of happening.Caps over NYR in 5Phi over Buffalo in 6Bruins over Habs in 5Tampa over Pens in 7TB over Caps in 7Phi over Bruins in 6Phi over TB in 6Vancouver over Chi in 6SJ over Kings in 5Detroit over Phx in 6Ana over Nashville in 6Van over Ana in 5SJ over Detroit in 5SJ over Van in 6Phi over SJ in 7Mike Richards Conn Smythe

Bet on this...HARD!WAS over NYR in 6PHI over BUF in 7BOS over MTL in 5PIT over TB in 6VAN over CHI in 6SJ over LA in 5DET over PHX in 7NAS over ANA in 6-----WAS over PIT in 6BOS over PHI in 7VAN over NAS in 5SJ over DET in 6----BOS over WAS in 6VAN over SJ in 6---VAN over BOS in 7--Conn Smythe Winner = Roberto Luongo
I will be cheering for...Montreal to beat Boston obv.NYR to beat WashingtonBuffalo to beat PhiladelphiaTampa Bay to defeat Pittsburgh
I will be cheering for...Montreal to beat Boston obv.NYR to beat WashingtonBuffalo to beat PhiladelphiaTampa Bay to defeat Pittsburgh
Well, the 1-4 seeds were all gone in the East after Round One last year...so we all know it can happen. I'll post my picks after the draft...I'm well off the reservation on most of them this year.
Well, the 1-4 seeds were all gone in the East after Round One last year...so we all know it can happen. I'll post my picks after the draft...I'm well off the reservation on most of them this year.
That's not accurate.TN8AkpPnJiF2VuYlhWdK.jpg
That's not accurate.
Montreal eliminated the Penguins in the second round.

Added my fansauce in there. Deal with it.Caps over NYR in 6Phi over Buf in 5MTL over Bos in 7TB over Pens in 6MTL over Caps in 7Phi over TB in 6Phi over MTL in 6----Van over Chi in 5SJ over LA in 6Det over Pho in 7Ana over Preds in 6Van over Ana in 7SJ over Det in 5Van over SJ in 5----Phi over Van in 7

I'll post my picks after the draft...I'm well off the reservation on most of them this year.
Oh right...loltastic predictions...1st RoundWashington over NY Rangers in 5Buffalo over Philadelphia in 6Boston over Montreal in 5Pittsburgh over Tampa Bay in 7Chicago over Vancouver in 7San Jose over Los Angeles in 4Phoenix over Detroit in 7Anaheim over Nashville in 62nd RoundBuffalo over Washington in 6Pittsburgh over Boston in 7San Jose over Chicago in 6Anaheim over Phoenix in 73rd RoundBuffalo over Pittsburgh in 7Anaheim over San Jose in 7Cup FinalBuffalo over Anaheim in 6

Washington in 4Philadelphia in 5Boston in 7Pittsburgh in 5Pittsburgh in 6Philadelphia in 5Pittsburgh in 6Vancouver in 5Detroit in 5Anaheim in 5LA in 6Vancouver in 5Anaheim in 6Vancouver in 7Vancouver beats Pittsburgh in 6

WAS over NYR in 6PHI over BUF in 5BOS over MTL in 5PIT over TB in 7VAN over CHI in 6LA over SJ in 6DET over PHX in 5ANA over NAS in 7WAS over PIT in 7BOS over PHI in 6VAN over LA in 5DET over ANA in 5BOS over WAS in 6VAN over DET in 7VAN over BOS in 6I'm probably going to win.

I don't get how either of you think LA takes down SJ with Kopitar out of the lineup for sure and Justin Williams still on the mend but probably going to play anyway. I avoided the Kings like the plague in our playoff draft, even though they were my preseason pick to take the Cup this year.

I don't get how either of you think LA takes down SJ with Kopitar out of the lineup for sure and Justin Williams still on the mend but probably going to play anyway. I avoided the Kings like the plague in our playoff draft, even though they were my preseason pick to take the Cup this year.
San Jose though!
I didn't know Kopitar was hurt. I do think that Serge's son's soccer team could shut down San Jose's top line in the playoffs.
San Jose though!
I didn't know Kopitar was hurt. I do think that Serge's son's soccer team could shut down San Jose's top line in the playoffs.
I don't think there's a lot of (Western) teams SJ can get past in these playoffs, but a beat up LA team in my mind doesn't pose much of a threat.

SJ will get past Detroit in the 2nd round if both advance. They manhandled us each and every game this year. I would prefer SJ/DG predictions of Det/Ana 2nd round matchup as we manhandled them all season long.

Van over Chicago in 5San Jose over LA in 5Phoenix over Detroit in 6Nashville over Anaheim in 7Washington over New York in 6Buffalo over Philadelphia in 7Boston over Montreal in 6Pittsburgh over Tampa in 7Vancouver over Phoenix in 6 (the trucks move in and Phoenix is moved to Winnipeg)San Jose over Nashville in 6Washington over Buffalo in 7Boston over Pittsburgh in 6Vancouver over San Jose in 7Boston over Washington in 6Vancouver over Boston in 7 (the Olympic theory stays intact)