Canadian Government Falls

Opposition parties voted down the government today, triggering the fourth election in 7 years.Conservative government lacked a majority so this was only a matter of time, they also lack a common touch and charisma.Liberals forced the election even though they are down in the polls and their leader is also a cold fish.One of the other two parties could have held up the government but feel now is the time for an election.Probable result will be another conservative minority with more seats, less liberals, more NDP and BQ. There could also be coalition of the left but it's touchy if the BQ is included because they are separatists.The good thing is that the election could be over in as little as 36 days.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cons are the only gov IN HISTORY to be found in contempt of parliament. the usual conservative stuff, lying, coverups, non-disclosure of info, etc...they do not deserve to be voted back in. yet most of the public are idiots, so they just vote for the party they always have.

The Cons are the only gov IN HISTORY to be found in contempt of parliament. the usual conservative stuff, lying, coverups, non-disclosure of info, etc...they do not deserve to be voted back in. yet most of the public are idiots, so they just vote for the party they always have.
Balanced point of view?

Canada sounds even stupider than I thought they were, which was tough.no offense to any Canadian, except for All In.

Canada sounds even stupider than I thought they were, which was tough.no offense to any Canadian, except for All In.
Ya very stupid..Much better economy, better health care and a stronger currency.
Ya very stupid..Much better economy, better health care and a stronger currency.
You still put animals on your money....hehe
You still put animals on your money....hehe
AND sailing ships - how is that for charisma? Plus all the pretty colors so you don't donk off a $100 for a $4 drink in a drunken stupor....edit: Oh yeah, you can also try and land said animal money on the target of the nice dancing girl to try and win a poster. Try that with a $1 bill!

Unemployment RateCanada - 7.8%USA - 9.5%General Government Financial DeficitCanada - 3.4% of GDP projected to be 2.1% in 2012USA - 8.8% of GDP projected to be 6.8% in 2012Interest Payments on General Government DebtCanada - 0.2 % of GDPUSA - 1.9% of GDPGeneral Government Net LiabilitiesCanada - 33.7% of GDPUSA - 74.3% of GDPSource for the above the OECDhttp://www.oecd.org/document/4/0,3343,en_2...1_1_1_1,00.htmlhttp://www.suite101.com/content/the-worlds...nounced-a350592The Most Livable Cities In The World According To The Economist Intelligence Unit1. Vancouver, Canada2. Melbourne, Australia3. Vienna, Austria4. Toronto, Canada5. Calgary, Canada6. Helsinki, Finland7. Sydney, Australia8. (equal) Perth, Australia8. (equal) Adelaide, Australia10. Auckland, New ZealandSuck On That Brv

Unemployment RateCanada - 7.8%USA - 9.5%General Government Financial DeficitCanada - 3.4% of GDP projected to be 2.1% in 2012USA - 8.8% of GDP projected to be 6.8% in 2012Interest Payments on General Government DebtCanada - 0.2 % of GDPUSA - 1.9% of GDPGeneral Government Net LiabilitiesCanada - 33.7% of GDPUSA - 74.3% of GDPSource for the above the OECDhttp://www.oecd.org/document/4/0,3343,en_2...1_1_1_1,00.htmlhttp://www.suite101.com/content/the-worlds...nounced-a350592The Most Livable Cities In The World According To The Economist Intelligence Unit1. Vancouver, Canada2. Melbourne, Australia3. Vienna, Austria4. Toronto, Canada5. Calgary, Canada6. Helsinki, Finland7. Sydney, Australia8. (equal) Perth, Australia8. (equal) Adelaide, Australia10. Auckland, New ZealandSuck On That Brv
Why do most of you suffer from USA-Envy then?
Suck On That Brv
That's what happens when your argument rests solely on GDP and one guy's health-care decision. We'd still win in a fight though.And I am not buying Calgary at all that high. Toronto and Vancouver are lovely and Canada is very nice but it takes a lot for livability to be so high when it's ****ing freezing out.
Unemployment RateCanada - 7.8%USA - 9.5%General Government Financial DeficitCanada - 3.4% of GDP projected to be 2.1% in 2012USA - 8.8% of GDP projected to be 6.8% in 2012
1674.gif
Interest Payments on General Government DebtCanada - 0.2 % of GDPUSA - 1.9% of GDPGeneral Government Net LiabilitiesCanada - 33.7% of GDPUSA - 74.3% of GDP
1674.gif
Source for the above the OECDhttp://www.oecd.org/document/4/0,3343,en_2...1_1_1_1,00.htmlhttp://www.suite101.com/content/the-worlds...nounced-a350592The Most Livable Cities In The World According To The Economist Intelligence Unit1. Vancouver, Canada2. Melbourne, Australia3. Vienna, Austria4. Toronto, Canada5. Calgary, Canada6. Helsinki, Finland7. Sydney, Australia8. (equal) Perth, Australia8. (equal) Adelaide, Australia10. Auckland, New ZealandSuck On That Brv
and www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-324.gifReal reason for post--> Two open slots in ESPN fantasy baseball league. To draft tomorrow at 1pm Eastern Noon CDT Anyone interested let me know and I will get you the info.
it takes a lot for livability to be so high when it's ****ing freezing out.
This.I made a vow in grade 11, sitting at a bus stop waiting for a school bus one morning in early November while it was about -40C (is that also -40F), that I was going to move the hell out of this fricking iceberg country one day. Almost got a job in Naples Florida after graduation but they would not pay for move, so held still. Life then got in the way and 20 years later still freezing nutz off for 8 - 9 months per year. If was just me, would have gone south long ago, but with mouths to feed, just can't take a chance on going bankrupt if any of us ever got really sick when living down south.Can't you guys just annex us????? And let us Grandfather in our health care system? 2 weeks every other year in Arizona just ain't scratchin my "I hate f.ucking winter with a passion itch".edit: and now you know why I am so pissed that this global warming thang just ain't working!

I'm thinking about voting for my first time ever this year. I don't follow Canadian politics very much, but am trying to get more informed. As a professional poker player is there much reason to vote for one party over another? You never really hear about poker in Canadian politics.At this point even though socially Id be considered liberal, I believe in mostly voting for my financial best interest so Ill probably vote Conservative. Would be easier to swallow if I didn't have minor concerns of Canadian conservatives ****ing over poker players like the American right wingers did though.Also I'm sure my riding will vote like 79% Conservative so my vote will probably not matter in the least.

I think the worst part of the whole ordeal has been the threat, or at least the possibility of a coalition government should the conservatives get another minority government. Kind of defeats the purpose of the democratic process.I hate politics though....a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the debates over the last two days and it looks like Harper made gains or at least didn't loose any ground.

I will be voting for the Harper Conservatives
Come on Bob dont you want more money for healthcare, education, free daycare ,ect and not have to pay for it because the evil corporations will?sw if you didnt know:)