Ettiquite Question

God I know there is going to be lots of bashing and mocking, so just know that I know. But please if you mock, you can give a joking answer to ridicule us, but please give a serious one too. Thanks. I think I'm being pretty fair here.It's a 16-man home game and its a league. The points go up as you finish higher. So its down to heads up between my brother and myself. There is a Get the *** Out rule so we decide to play six more hands so the chip leader cant just pause for 10 minutes. So at this point, the blinds wont go up.The chip leader has a significant lead over the shorter stack, but the blinds are really high. The short stack doesn't look at his cards, he just goes all in. The chip leader is thinking for awhile, then takes out a pen and pad and starts doing math, to see if he has to play another hand or can fold his way to the victory.The short stack calls time. The chip leader flips out and says you cant call time since the blinds aren't moving. He ends up throwing his cards in his brothers face for calling time, throwing his chips hard on the table and flipping up the pad he was writing on.Questions: Did the shortstack do anything wrong by calling time?Was the chip leader right to get so mad?

Hahahaha that's funny bro. I'd be doing exactly the same thing if it was me against my brother. Actually my brother is a mathematical genius so he doesn't need all that fancy stuff like pen and paper but you get the gist. I've never seen anyone use p&p in a live game so I woudn't know the correct ruling. Seems like a douchy move in a homegame among friends.

Questions: Did the shortstack do anything wrong by calling time?
Against a family member, I have no problem calling a clock to tilt them/piss them off, but thats cause I dont like my family. Against a friend or anyone else, I wouldnt call the clock.

From what I've seen/read/heard, more an more players are becoming a fan of the clock. I mean, a slow player can really hold up a game, and ruin it for everyone else. You should be given a reasonable amount of time to make a decision, and then it's over. If you don't act in time, you get folded.But that's not exactly what this is about. In this case, it's headsup, and blinds aren't going up. Even so, I don't think that the chip-leader should have all of the time in the world to make a decision. People want to go home. Do some quick math, and make a quick decision. 60 seconds should be adequate, especially if he's already spent a minute or so.So, I say calling the clock is fine. If it pisses off the other player, that's even better. It's poker, and putting the other player off his game is part of it, unless you're otherwise being obnoxious. As the shortstack, it might be the only shot, depending on how the math comes out.

God I know there is going to be lots of bashing and mocking, so just know that I know. But please if you mock, you can give a joking answer to ridicule us, but please give a serious one too. Thanks. I think I'm being pretty fair here.It's a 16-man home game and its a league. The points go up as you finish higher. So its down to heads up between my brother and myself. There is a Get the *** Out rule so we decide to play six more hands so the chip leader cant just pause for 10 minutes. So at this point, the blinds wont go up.The chip leader has a significant lead over the shorter stack, but the blinds are really high. The short stack doesn't look at his cards, he just goes all in. The chip leader is thinking for awhile, then takes out a pen and pad and starts doing math, to see if he has to play another hand or can fold his way to the victory.The short stack calls time. The chip leader flips out and says you cant call time since the blinds aren't moving. He ends up throwing his cards in his brothers face for calling time, throwing his chips hard on the table and flipping up the pad he was writing on.Questions: Did the shortstack do anything wrong by calling time?Was the chip leader right to get so mad?
How about you all stop playing poker?

it's a home game so etiquette is whatever the established league standard is. I just can't imagine what you had to write down. You're brother knows you're going to rage tilt if he called the clock. Good read. You're brother didn't have to get out pen and paper to decide he was all in with any two cards. advantage to your bro

I think what he was trying to figure out was if his chip lead was enough to just fold the blinds for 6 hands and still be the chip leader at the end.A way to avoid this would be to still have the blinds go up, just do it in number of hands. So in 6 hands they go up, that way no one can think they can fold to victory.And I would call the clock on my brother every poker night now that he has shown me he will go bat-sh!t crazy.

I think what he was trying to figure out was if his chip lead was enough to just fold the blinds for 6 hands and still be the chip leader at the end.
whoops, that was clear in the OP but I missed it. home games blow.

What is a GTFO rule? From other posts it appears it's a rule where the game ends at a predetermined time that way it doesn't go on forever. If so, that's a pretty stupid rule to have in a tournament. I would laughed at the chip leader for actually getting out something to write with. You can do addition and subtraction in your head?

We have the blinds go up every 15 minutes to avoid the need for the GO rule.This also results in no body having to do the math.I was told there would be no math,

We have the blinds go up every 15 minutes to avoid the need for the GO rule.This also results in no body having to do the math.I was told there would be no math,
gee I know some girl who wants to play poker against you ;)You going to the WSOP BG if so let me know so I can add you to the easy bait list :club:
gee I know some girl who wants to play poker against you ;)You going to the WSOP BG if so let me know so I can add you to the easy bait list :ts
Didn't I outlast you in a Wed Neg-O by not even showing up? After I called it?That's right I did. :club:
What is a GTFO rule? From other posts it appears it's a rule where the game ends at a predetermined time that way it doesn't go on forever. If so, that's a pretty stupid rule to have in a tournament. I would laughed at the chip leader for actually getting out something to write with. You can do addition and subtraction in your head?
GTFO means get the fck out. Our GTFO is at 1:30 a.m. Everyone (besides me) has to be at work the next morning. (I work at night but not Tuesday nights) So when its getting close to 1:30 a.m. sometimes we'll just call out 5 or 6 more hands, and that way the chip leader cant just tank. Its sorta like hand for hand at the bubble.He ended up winning when he went all in with A/Q. I had 10/8 suited. I would have called even if he turned up aces since I needed to double up to beat him.