Rock Beyond Belief

I agree with you, but why do you think that burning Korans is bad? Is there a biblical mandate for religious tolerance? Should we uphold people's right to worship a golden calf? This book is causing people to go to Hell, right? An extreme reaction seems warranted given that premise.
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40. Unless he is a fag. God hates fags.
Sorry, but that makes no sense. Why is "loving God" the most important thing to do with your life? What good or benefit does it have? And really, the second is a pretty stupid absolutist statement as well.
love- (leaving the sexual innuendo meanings)A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
How can you recognize attractive qualities or sense underlying oneness if we "can't know God"? Unless God just wants people to have an emotional attachment to him, but why would an all powerful God need that? Is he insecure?
Sorry, but that makes no sense. Why is "loving God" the most important thing to do with your life? What good or benefit does it have? And really, the second is a pretty stupid absolutist statement as well.
And yet they are the foundation to a happy productive life. I've been in both camps, I can make a reasonable comparison.
How can you recognize attractive qualities or sense underlying oneness if we "can't know God"? Unless God just wants people to have an emotional attachment to him, but why would an all powerful God need that? Is he insecure?
Attributing human frailties to God in order to misunderstand His motives is weak sauce.
but why would an all powerful God need that? Is he insecure?
He needs all of this in order to exist. If people stop loving him, the world will become like scandanavia where they have no use for god any more. And then, with no more churches needing their services the stained-glass makers will fall on hard times, not be able to feed their children or buy tools from the blacksmith, setting off a chain reaction butterfly effect in which the entire economy collapses. Is that really what you want Randy, for the entire economy to collapse?!
He needs all of this in order to exist. If people stop loving him, the world will become like scandanavia where they have no use for god any more. And then, with no more churches needing their services the stained-glass makers will fall on hard times, not be able to feed their children or buy tools from the blacksmith, setting off a chain reaction butterfly effect in which the entire economy collapses. Is that really what you want Randy, for the entire economy to collapse?!
The stained-glass makers and blacksmiths can keep busy making those Darwin-fish to go onto the back of everyone's cars, though.
The stained-glass makers and blacksmiths can keep busy making those Darwin-fish to go onto the back of everyone's cars, though.
I like it when those Truth fish eat the Darwin fish. It's quite the foreshadow.
I don't think even the Scandanavians can compete with China making plastic emblems though. Those godless heathens will work for pennies.
This is probably the best car fish thingie. 120020641_77323deb4b.jpg
I agree, as soon as I see it I know the driver is incapable of actually thinking rationally but instead will equate random thoughts with established reasonable ideas and not be able to understand why there is a difference.I usually stay behind this person to prevent their irrational behavior from rear ending me or causing any accident 'by chance' that includes me in their failure as a driver/human.I also expect them to be bad tippers, and very likely to suck at golf.
And really, the second is a pretty stupid absolutist statement as well.
I think it's a pretty good principle myself.
Are you trying to say that FSM is just a random thought? Then why does he show up in these thousand year old petroglyphs?? fossilrecord1.jpg
Maybe God put it there to test you?
established reasonable ideas
There's a being who created the universe and created humanity at the center of that universe, and He wrote 10 laws for us to follow, and if we don't follow them we get eternal damnation when we die and if we do follow them (and if we believe that Christ is the savior) then we get eternal life in heaven after we die, and the only extant evidence of this comes from books thousands and thousands of years old, and compiled and edited at various times through various languages. Oh and if you believe in the Creator and follow His ten laws but you don't believe in His son Christ then you're totally probably going to Hell, because your individual personal beliefs are of the utmost importance to the Creator and are in fact more important than your actions. established reasonable ideas
There's a being who created the universe and created humanity at the center of that universe, and He wrote 10 laws for us to follow, and if we don't follow them we get eternal damnation when we die and if we do follow them (and if we believe that Christ is the savior) then we get eternal life in heaven after we die, and the only extant evidence of this comes from books thousands and thousands of years old, and compiled and edited at various times through various languages. Oh and if you believe in the Creator and follow His ten laws but you don't believe in His son Christ then you're totally probably going to Hell, because your individual personal beliefs are of the utmost importance to the Creator and are in fact more important than your actions. established reasonable ideas
You don't understand the Bible.

wakefield, you idiot. it doesnt matter if you follow the commandments. hell, you could go on a tri-state raping spree. maybe molest a young boy or two. but as long as you're really sorry afterwords it's all good.

Please whatever you do don't tell me the correct answer. (...)Did I get anything else wrong, or just the bolded?
I'm not sure. I didn't finish reading it.
wakefield, you idiot. it doesnt matter if you follow the commandments. hell, you could go on a tri-state raping spree. maybe molest a young boy or two. but as long as you're really sorry afterwords it's all good.
If you're referring to the ten commandments, you are right about this part.
Neither do you.
Which part? Are you trying to make a joke about how the Bible is just a fairy tale book? If so, ok.
The funniest thing about this is that rape and pedophilia don't rate high enough to sniff the 10 commandments. Way more important to make multiple commandments about God being as jealous and needy as most teenage girls and how you shouldn't want to **** your neighbours wife or drive his car. Raping 12 year olds is fine as long as your not doing it at work on a Sunday or if you do it while married.
If you're referring to the ten commandments, you are right about this part.Which part? Are you trying to make a joke about how the Bible is just a fairy tale book? If so, ok.
I feel pretty confident in saying that among christians, you are in the minority in this one. Yet whenever you say this, you present it as something that we are getting wrong, but according to the amjority of christian teachings, im not sure we are.