Rock Beyond Belief

Does it feel awful?I wouldn't know.But I do love how you are implying that the smallest fraction of the population are the correct ones, just with bad reasoning methods.It really is a thing of beauty to take this stand. That the logic is bad, that there is no legitimate reason to justify their thought processes, but they are right irregardless of their methods.Just beautiful, in a horribly sad perspective.
Try to keep up. I said that of the people who are right (atheists) a small percentage of them have an unreasonable certainty in their belief. That doesn't mean there is no legitimate reason to justify their thought processes. Interestingly, of the people who are wrong, the vast majority of them are certain of their belief. Like this girl! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsO6LgXqE0
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here comes the semantics police.Quick, explain the real meaning of the word atheist, keeping one hand firmly perched next to your eye that is closest to the book 1984. No reason to muddy the water thinking of newspeak at a time like this.
<3

How anybody listens or even reads balloon knots posts is beyond me. He has already proven himself to be a complete and utter moron with no respect for anyone who believes differently from himself. How many times does the sun have to rise before you have a reasonable expectation of it rising the next day? I hate ignorance and ****ing stupidity. Especially when the ignorant and stupid are constantly screaming about how the educated are wrong.

How anybody listens or even reads balloon knots posts is beyond me. He has already proven himself to be a complete and utter moron with no respect for anyone who believes differently from himself. How many times does the sun have to rise before you have a reasonable expectation of it rising the next day? I hate ignorance and ****ing stupidity. Especially when the ignorant and stupid are constantly screaming about how the educated are wrong.
Whooaaaaaahhhh!!I argue with the ignorant and stupid all the time. BG is far from that. He's wrong, but he's far from stupid.
Whooaaaaaahhhh!!I argue with the ignorant and stupid all the time. BG is far from that. He's wrong, but he's far from stupid.
When it comes to religion, he is the epitome of stupidity.
Come on..its not that far.But seriously, don't ever go against the rabid on your side, they are incapable of thinking for themselves and as such must stick to the party line strictly for fear of having an actual thought creep in and require them to defend their hate.
I hate ignorance and ****ing stupidity. Especially when the ignorant and stupid are constantly screaming about how the educated are wrong.
Hope you arent suggesting that the educated cant be wrong.When it comes down to a question of faith, I would argue being more educated is not an asset.
Hope you arent suggesting that the educated cant be wrong.When it comes down to a question of faith, I would argue being more educated is not an asset.
Yup, when it comes to blindly believing things without evidence, anyone can do it!
Yup, when it comes to blindly believing things without evidence, anyone can do it!
Well to be fair, you guys do force the evidence in a manner to give you at least an argument that you are not completely blind.Not completely.
Well to be fair, you guys do force the evidence in a manner to give you at least an argument that you are not completely blind.Not completely.
I'm curious...What are you arguing? That is, what is your point?
I'm curious...What are you arguing? That is, what is your point?
I will give you my normal default:When someone declares themselves to be 100% right, or my side 100% wrong, then I reverse their statement and respond exactly like they did in their first comment.I do this because 99.9% of the time the other people on their side will flip out and begin telling me why my logic is flawed, or my arrogance is so bad.Then I laugh at them, and begin to egg them on, while they continue to get angrier and angrier.Then I will tell them what I did, and they will tell me that it doesn't matter, that I am still wrong. I will repeat this dozens of times, and most people will fall for it every single time, because deep down they really believe in the untenable positions they declare.So in this instance, vb tried make the case that religious people have nothing to base their faith on and therefore are completely and totally blind without any basis for their beliefs.I turned it around to point out why evolution is blindly faithful to their notions ( I can later support this by pointing out the complete failure in recreating any evolution, which is kind of the major important part of the scientific method ( I can also bring up that the scientific method was discovered by a Christian for bonus points))They will being telling me that I am ignorant of what evolution is, without making any effort to enlightening me because they really don't have any proof of this, they just have a standard fall back position. ( they have used this little logic grenade dozens of times, and have yet to point out what I don't understand, other than some terminology or randomly minute 'discovery' that has no foundational truth to it.)I will simplify the evolution to make it easy to show why it is so poorly thought out, they will again try to fall back on "You don't know anything" etc.I will try to get someone, anyone to bring up the supposed wars caused by Christianity so I can show that atheist has killed 100 times more people in 1/20th the time, Hopefully I can bring in Hitler and show why his views are a natural conclusion from evolution.Then I will lose interest, and will forget to check back, leaving them to declare victory.Then we do it again next week.There I saved you two months of frustration.Your welcome.
I will give you my normal default:When someone declares themselves to be 100% right, or my side 100% wrong, then I reverse their statement and respond exactly like they did in their first comment.I do this because 99.9% of the time the other people on their side will flip out and begin telling me why my logic is flawed, or my arrogance is so bad.Then I laugh at them, and begin to egg them on, while they continue to get angrier and angrier.Then I will tell them what I did, and they will tell me that it doesn't matter, that I am still wrong. I will repeat this dozens of times, and most people will fall for it every single time, because deep down they really believe in the untenable positions they declare.So in this instance, vb tried make the case that religious people have nothing to base their faith on and therefore are completely and totally blind without any basis for their beliefs.I turned it around to point out why evolution is blindly faithful to their notions ( I can later support this by pointing out the complete failure in recreating any evolution, which is kind of the major important part of the scientific method ( I can also bring up that the scientific method was discovered by a Christian for bonus points))They will being telling me that I am ignorant of what evolution is, without making any effort to enlightening me because they really don't have any proof of this, they just have a standard fall back position. ( they have used this little logic grenade dozens of times, and have yet to point out what I don't understand, other than some terminology or randomly minute 'discovery' that has no foundational truth to it.)I will simplify the evolution to make it easy to show why it is so poorly thought out, they will again try to fall back on "You don't know anything" etc.I will try to get someone, anyone to bring up the supposed wars caused by Christianity so I can show that atheist has killed 100 times more people in 1/20th the time, Hopefully I can bring in Hitler and show why his views are a natural conclusion from evolution.Then I will lose interest, and will forget to check back, leaving them to declare victory.Then we do it again next week.There I saved you two months of frustration.Your welcome.
say this to yourself in a baby voice, it sounds adorable
Thank you, but you didn't save me any frustration. I believe religion (or the lack there of) is a personal issue.
I believe religion (or the lack there of) is a personal issue.
that's precisely the problem, sir. religion is not a personal issue. not when the pope condemns condom use in africa, or the christian right in america is forcing their views on things like gay marriage and stem cell research into the forefront of all political discourse. we need to get to a point where we can be free to criticize people for bringing illogical views into rational discussions.
that's precisely the problem, sir. religion is not a personal issue. not when the pope condemns condom use in africa, or the christian right in america is forcing their views on things like gay marriage and stem cell research into the forefront of all political discourse. we need to get to a point where we can be free to criticize people for bringing illogical views into rational discussions.
If the Africans choose to give a **** what the pope says then that is their issue. You can choose to refrain from having sexual intercourse with Africans. You can also vote for those who support your views on same-sex marriage and/or stem cell research.If people want to follow an organization that does not view people as equals because of one reason or another then that is their choice.Priests ****ing little boys too.
The society you are in was founded by Christians using Christian principles.If you don't like the way this has worked out for society, you know creating the best country ever, then you are free to move to any country founded by atheist. Russia, Cuba and China only have barbed wire fences to keep people from sneaking out, it's easy to sneak into the country.Otherwise shut up and enjoy the freedoms you have here that no other country would afford you. And you can thank the Christians who gave you those freedoms.If there is one thing I hate, its parasites on society being ungrateful.
The society you are in was founded by Christians using Christian principles.If you don't like the way this has worked out for society, you know creating the best country ever, then you are free to move to any country founded by atheist. Russia, Cuba and China only have barbed wire fences to keep people from sneaking out, it's easy to sneak into the country.Otherwise shut up and enjoy the freedoms you have here that no other country would afford you. And you can thank the Christians who gave you those freedoms.If there is one thing I hate, its parasites on society being ungrateful.
What is your opinion on slavery?
Thank you, but you didn't save me any frustration. I believe religion (or the lack there of) is a personal issue.
While I think you are right, I also see the reasoning why both sides would want to tell the other side why they are wrong.Nobody wants to admit that their worldview is poorly thought out. Many Christians don't know much about their faith and will get angry to avoid having to face tough questions, many atheist can't understand why their views can be seen as illogical ( from my perspective).VB, Cane, and now more than before Randy and Mills have defaulted to making insulting statements for fun to get my goat, without any malice behind their actions, so I return the good natured ribbing, and walk away enjoying whomever got the better of the other.But a few people here are completely closed to anything but their tiny little worldview. I leave them alone because usually they are so closed minded that it is a waste of time to even try to engage them, and the fact that they are here to tell me why I am wrong shows you that they are mostly only worthy of an ignore button.But outside of this section of the forum, I am more neutral. If someone comes here to tell some religious person why they don't believe in any religion, then it is they who is being arrogant and confrontational, not the religious person who is in the section reserved for them to discuss their worldview.
What is your opinion on slavery?
Mine?I think slavery is a horrible evil.Since there is more slavery now than anytime in the history of the world, I am proud that so many Christian organizations are fighting this and actively buying and freeing slaves to do something to help, while almost every secular group including governments are ignoring the situation.If you mean what does the Bible say, then the Bible says if you are a slave, then be a good slave. And if you own a slave, remember that you have a Master that you will answer too for your conduct towards your slave.Considering that slavery was prevalent in the world, it handles the issue pretty well if you ask me.And just as the founding father of this country who made blacks less than equal were not responsible for making the constitution a tainted document, but in fact were only making the best with a bad situation, it was the Christians that fixed it for the government by forcing them to face the evils of slavery.So slavery, one of our better issues, one of secular humanism's worst.
Otherwise shut up and enjoy the freedoms you have here that no other country would afford you. And you can thank the Christians who gave you those freedoms.
you can't both suck america's dick and rail against my freedom of speech. you should be thanking me for my dissenting opinion.
So slavery, one of our better issues, one of secular humanism's worst.
ha ha ! !
If the Africans choose to give a **** what the pope says then that is their issue. You can choose to refrain from having sexual intercourse with Africans.
my goodness: the point, you've missed it.edit: unless you're joking. i really hope you're joking.
That's retarded.
Mine?I think slavery is a horrible evil.Since there is more slavery now than anytime in the history of the world, I am proud that so many Christian organizations are fighting this and actively buying and freeing slaves to do something to help, while almost every secular group including governments are ignoring the situation.If you mean what does the Bible say, then the Bible says if you are a slave, then be a good slave. And if you own a slave, remember that you have a Master that you will answer too for your conduct towards your slave.Considering that slavery was prevalent in the world, it handles the issue pretty well if you ask me.And just as the founding father of this country who made blacks less than equal were not responsible for making the constitution a tainted document, but in fact were only making the best with a bad situation, it was the Christians that fixed it for the government by forcing them to face the evils of slavery.So slavery, one of our better issues, one of secular humanism's worst.
As an atheist, and therefore ardent supporter of human slavery due to my godless amorality, I find it necessary to point out that you christians are all slaves to your god. It's funny because we were just talking about this at our atheist meeting the other day. Someone was reading a passage from Mein Kampf about the true meaning of slavery and after we all nodded thoughtfully in agreement Randy pointed out that Christianity was probably the biggest enslavement in history. But we kind of got cut off from the discussion because there was a knock at the door, and crow had to quickly hit the button that automatically flips over all the Mao posters to Dawkins posters. Turned out it was just the cleaning guy, haha, but we never really regained that train of thought.