Daniel Vs Isildur1 - Superstar Showdown

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your argument again? I just looked over your posts, and it seems you said he needs to work on his game because he lost this one session, and that he was "outplayed on several occasions", I said that was results oriented, you said "sigh i give up. you guys are right. DN has played masterful this entire time. He clearly has nothing else to learn. GG.". Rinse and repeat.I see no argument or counter argument from you there. I can see why you're results oriented though - you can't remember anything pre-results.
Direct Quotes from Daniel's Most Recent BlogI was so frustrated with how my match vs Isildur1 went. I knew I'd have to get lucky to win, as he is the more experienced player, but not only did he outplay me strategy wise, he got hit in the head with the deck too. I can't do much about the bad luck, but I can do something about him outplaying me. Whatever happens next Sunday, whether I win or lose, the fact that Isildur1 is the better player won't change. He is very tough to play against, and I got a lot of chuckles from various twitter followers who had the "fool proof" strategy to beat him! They were pretty funny, anything from, "Don't call his overbets" to "When he jams the turn he has a flush draw." It's just that simple I guess. Ha!Truth is, Isildur1 played very differently against me than what I expected. I wanted to go into the match fresh, without really listening to anyone else's view of how he played, but I obviously had heard things about his reputation. I wish I hadn't, because it did affect my decisions in certain situations.The reason he won, aside from the lucky all ins/coolers, was that he figured me out pretty quickly and developed a counter strategy that left him protected for the most part. By the time I was prepared to make some adjustments, the match was already essentially over.Hmm I guess I'm not the only one who thinks DN was outplayed. Like I argued and then counter argued, DN ran horribly, but it does not change the fact that during some of his session he just simply got outplayed. My main point was that the loss will do him a lot more good than harm. It appears he already has some new ideas and strategy for how to approach this coming match. There I did one more full circle with you. Just because I don't know what both players are thinking in every single hand doesn't mean I can't tell who is a better player after watching entire sessions of 4 table HU. You keep talking about me being results oriented. If I was just being results oriented, why does DN feel the need to completely revamp his strategy against Isildur?Thought it was all just him running poorly and to say he needs to work on his game is just results oriented. Obviously not.
Hmm I guess I'm not the only one who thinks DN was outplayed. Like I argued and then counter argued, DN ran horribly, but it does not change the fact that during some of his session he just simply got outplayed. My main point was that the loss will do him a lot more good than harm. It appears he already has some new ideas and strategy for how to approach this coming match. There I did one more full circle with you. Just because I don't know what both players are thinking in every single hand doesn't mean I can't tell who is a better player after watching entire sessions of 4 table HU. You keep talking about me being results oriented. If I was just being results oriented, why does DN feel the need to completely revamp his strategy against Isildur?Thought it was all just him running poorly and to say he needs to work on his game is just results oriented. Obviously not.
I think I should be the one giving up now.. you really didn't listen. I said DN would be the only person who could say if he was outplayed or not.It's easier to just label you a complete idiot and move on.

QUOTE (K_dense @ Saturday, March 12th, 2011, 6:24 AM) .... he is going to get his ass handed to him

who is?
I think I should be the one giving up now.. you really didn't listen. I said DN would be the only person who could say if he was outplayed or not.It's easier to just label you a complete idiot and move on.
You LOSE. Good DAY SIR!
That's funny cause I already came to that same conclusion about you after your first post, but I decided to be gentle and try to explain it to you anyways. You are just too dense to comprehend that it is indeed very possible to see if someone is getting outplayed.As I said before as an example, if I played vs Isildur and got crushed which I would, and everybody on this forum watched the match, you mean to tell me I'm the only one that could decide if I got outplayed or not? That's just redefining stupidity. Obviously I'm nowhere close to DN, but I don't think anyone is arguing that DN is really that close to Isildur in terms HU. Also I make my posts saying he got outplayed despite running absolutely horrible and then DN makes a blog post saying the EXACT same thing. I must have just got lucky, huh?Move along now and let the adults debate.

Anyone else think that after this weekend, if Daniel and Isildur do face-off in another Showdown, that the BR's should be raised to 250K and them starting off with 25K on each table (or for that matter all future Showdowns)?

Anyone else think that after this weekend, if Daniel and Isildur do face-off in another Showdown, that the BR's should be raised to 250K and them starting off with 25K on each table (or for that matter all future Showdowns)?
what is your reasoning for thinking it should move up? 100K more is a lot of money. I think it is fine where its at, but obviously if both players were okay with it, then sure, but I don't think that would be the case.
what is your reasoning for thinking it should move up? 100K more is a lot of money. I think it is fine where its at, but obviously if both players were okay with it, then sure, but I don't think that would be the case.
Just watching Daniel's session tonight, the part when it was him and Halo. Daniel had more money on the tables from when he was playing Ben86, Halo sat at first with 10K on each table but soon decided to just max-out every table with 25K. The action got very good after that point.They start now with 150K in the Showdowns, so it doesn't make sense to start every table with 25K, but if they moved it up to a 250K BR each it would. Half a mill on the line makes the term "Superstar Showdown" ring truer for me. Plus drawing even more people to Stars (in theory) with matches that big.Maybe even a 500K BR each once a year, while I'm on the subject, hahaha, eventually.
Just watching Daniel's session tonight, the part when it was him and Halo. Daniel had more money on the tables from when he was playing Ben86, Halo sat at first with 10K on each table but soon decided to just max-out every table with 25K. The action got very good after that point.They start now with 150K in the Showdowns, so it doesn't make sense to start every table with 25K, but if they moved it up to a 250K BR each it would. Half a mill on the line makes the term "Superstar Showdown" ring truer for me. Plus drawing even more people to Stars (in theory) with matches that big.Maybe even a 500K BR each once a year, while I'm on the subject, hahaha, eventually.
I would imagine that DN would want to get more comfortable playing vs Isildur before this happens, but I could see it getting bigger down the road.

And so it begins.....PokerStars Game #59904296646: Hold'em No Limit ($50/$100 USD) - 2011/03/27 15:56:50 ETTable 'Showdown 4' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: KidPoker ($13850 in chips) Seat 2: Isildur1 ($15500 in chips) KidPoker: posts small blind $50Isildur1: posts big blind $100*** HOLE CARDS ***KidPoker: raises $200 to $300Isildur1: raises $700 to $1000KidPoker: calls $700*** FLOP *** [5h 2h 4h]Isildur1: bets $1200KidPoker: raises $1900 to $3100Isildur1: raises $11400 to $14500 and is all-inKidPoker: calls $9750 and is all-inUncalled bet ($1650) returned to Isildur1*** TURN *** [5h 2h 4h] [5d]*** RIVER *** [5h 2h 4h 5d] [5s]*** SHOW DOWN ***Isildur1: shows [Jc Jd] (a full house, Fives full of Jacks)KidPoker: shows [8h Jh] (a flush, Jack high)Isildur1 collected $27700 from pot

SighPokerStars Game #59905425720: Hold'em No Limit ($50/$100 USD) - 2011/03/27 16:12:19 ETTable 'Showdown 2' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: KidPoker ($10050 in chips) Seat 2: Isildur1 ($28700 in chips) KidPoker: posts small blind $50Isildur1: posts big blind $100*** HOLE CARDS ***KidPoker: raises $200 to $300Isildur1: raises $700 to $1000KidPoker: raises $1200 to $2200Isildur1: raises $26500 to $28700 and is all-inKidPoker: calls $7850 and is all-inUncalled bet ($18650) returned to Isildur1*** FLOP *** [Qd 8h Js]*** TURN *** [Qd 8h Js] [4s]*** RIVER *** [Qd 8h Js 4s] [5h]*** SHOW DOWN ***Isildur1: shows [Qs As] (a pair of Queens)KidPoker: shows [Ac Kh] (high card Ace)Isildur1 collected $20100 from potKidPoker said, "this is unreal"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $20100 | Rake $0 Board [Qd 8h Js 4s 5h]Seat 1: KidPoker (button) (small blind) showed [Ac Kh] and lost with high card AceSeat 2: Isildur1 (big blind) showed [Qs As] and won ($20100) with a pair of Queens

both :club: isildur runs like god, but seems to counter whatever DN does perfectly.
RiggedPokerStars Game #59910156067: Hold'em No Limit ($50/$100 USD) - 2011/03/27 17:15:48 ETTable 'Showdown 2' 2-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: KidPoker ($10000 in chips) Seat 2: Isildur1 ($81400 in chips) Isildur1: posts small blind $50KidPoker: posts big blind $100*** HOLE CARDS ***Isildur1: raises $200 to $300KidPoker: raises $700 to $1000Isildur1: raises $1200 to $2200KidPoker: raises $7800 to $10000 and is all-inIsildur1: calls $7800*** FLOP *** [6h 3h 3d]KidPoker said, "hahhahahahahaha"*** TURN *** [6h 3h 3d] [Jc]*** RIVER *** [6h 3h 3d Jc] [2s]KidPoker said, "no way"*** SHOW DOWN ***KidPoker: shows [Kh Kd] (two pair, Kings and Threes)Isildur1: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Threes)Isildur1 collected $20000 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $20000 | Rake $0 Board [6h 3h 3d Jc 2s]Seat 1: KidPoker (big blind) showed [Kh Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and ThreesSeat 2: Isildur1 (button) (small blind) showed [Ac Ad] and won ($20000) with two pair, Aces and Threes

Ha ha - if the above post is accurate that means Daniel lost with JJ vs AA KK vs AA AK vs AQ and a flopped flush vs an overpair that went runner runner to a full house. Unfortunately, it is like the little Romanian boy who cried wolf - when you are constantly losing and claiming you were unlucky, then when you actually do run this badly no one cares. :club: