Daniel Vs Isildur1 - Superstar Showdown

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results oriented thinking FTW..
sigh i give up. you guys are right. DN has played masterful this entire time. He clearly has nothing else to learn. GG.
sigh i give up. you guys are right. DN has played masterful this entire time. He clearly has nothing else to learn. GG.
I think the problem is that you're using today's results as the reason that Daniel needs to work on his game. Of course Daniel knows he needs to work on his game, why do you think he's played Justin Bonomo, Daniel Cates, Isaac Haxton, Sauce123 and others 4 tables of heads up. It's to work on his game. One day's results aren't going to change his mindset one way or the other.
Its true that has had insanely bad luck during this session, but I definitely don't agree with you that he has nothing to work on other than trying not to run so poorly. If you've been watching the match, he has been outplayed on several occasions, and I honestly don't think his play is matching up well against Isildur. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, so think what you want, but I believe he has ALOT of work still to do to hang with these type of players in the long run.
I didn't mean to imply he has done nothing wrong, but when someone runs this good, there is really nothing you can do.
Results oriented thinking FTW..
Exactly. Could that really be the case, yes. But when somebody gets smacked with the deck this hard it can easily look like they are outplaying their opponent. Nobody here has said that DN would be winning if it wasn't for his bad luck, but it's nearly impossible to overcome it when your opponent gets this hot.
Never said that at all. DN lost, big style, and in less than 2/3 of the planned hands, no denial at all. I honestly believe that over a much bigger sample size Isildur is a favourite over DN where they both stand today, but not as big as the results today suggest. My objection was to the "he has been outplayed on several occasions" comment, which no-one can EVER know, ever, from watching. How do you know game flow, ranges, perceived ranges, history, etc. and believe to have enough info to deem a bet/fold/call 'bad' in any particular situation? Only DN could turn around after making a play and say "Wow, I didn't even have that in his range, he outplayed me there".From your posts I'm getting the feeling you think we're all saying "DN is the best and Isildur has a horseshoe up his ass" when no-one has once said anything like that, but you ARE being results oriented.
I think the problem is that you're using today's results as the reason that Daniel needs to work on his game. Of course Daniel knows he needs to work on his game, why do you think he's played Justin Bonomo, Daniel Cates, Isaac Haxton, Sauce123 and others 4 tables of heads up. It's to work on his game. One day's results aren't going to change his mindset one way or the other.
I completely understand what you guys are saying and I didn't mean to imply that today's results means DN v Isildur is a lost cause. I'm just saying I watched a lot of hands where I feel DN simply got outplayed (and it wasn't because Isildur sucked out or had the nuts). I think DN would be the first to admit that he has a long way to go. I was simply saying a loss today wouldn't be bad for him. Just gonna motivate him further, and a motivated DN is a scary good DN. While a lot of the match was dominated by Isildur hitting every draw, there were still a lot of hands I'm sure he will be reviewing and trying to improve on.I get it though, DN ran horribly today and there is not much he could do about it. Doesn't mean today's session didn't provide him with areas he needs to work on.
Never said that at all. DN lost, big style, and in less than 2/3 of the planned hands, no denial at all. I honestly believe that over a much bigger sample size Isildur is a favourite over DN where they both stand today, but not as big as the results today suggest. My objection was to the "he has been outplayed on several occasions" comment, which no-one can EVER know, ever, from watching. How do you know game flow, ranges, perceived ranges, history, etc. and believe to have enough info to deem a bet/fold/call 'bad' in any particular situation? Only DN could turn around after making a play and say "Wow, I didn't even have that in his range, he outplayed me there".From your posts I'm getting the feeling you think we're all saying "DN is the best and Isildur has a horseshoe up his ass" when no-one has once said anything like that, but you ARE being results oriented.
so if I played Isildur you couldn't tell from 4 tables worth of hands, showdowns, and all the other info you would receive by watching the match if he outplayed me or not?at least on some of the hands?

You mean to tell me that DN had a losing session of poker against a solid high stakes HU player!!!!????WWwwwOOooOOOowwwwww,Whats the big deal? Im sure over a bigger sample it would be a much closer match.

does Isildur ever NOT get there???PokerStars Game #59524493604: Hold'em No Limit ($50/$100 USD) - 2011/03/20 15:10:10 MT [2011/03/20 17:10:10 ET]Table 'Showdown 2' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Isildur1 ($41500 in chips) Seat 2: KidPoker ($12550 in chips) Isildur1: posts small blind $50KidPoker: posts big blind $100*** HOLE CARDS ***Isildur1: raises $200 to $300KidPoker: raises $700 to $1000Isildur1: calls $700*** FLOP *** [3h Kh Qs]KidPoker: bets $1200Isildur1: calls $1200*** TURN *** [3h Kh Qs] [Th]KidPoker: bets $3100Isildur1: raises $36200 to $39300 and is all-inKidPoker: calls $7250 and is all-inUncalled bet ($28950) returned to Isildur1*** RIVER *** [3h Kh Qs Th] [5c]*** SHOW DOWN ***KidPoker: shows [Ad Kd] (a pair of Kings)Isildur1: shows [6h 8h] (a flush, King high)Isildur1 collected $25100 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $25100 | Rake $0 Board [3h Kh Qs Th 5c]Seat 1: Isildur1 (button) (small blind) showed [6h 8h] and won ($25100) with a flush, King highSeat 2: KidPoker (big blind) showed [Ad Kd] and lost with a pair of Kings
I believe you could ask Mr. Brian Hastings for a $4million answer to this question...
Are they still playing? I am following the post from work, so I was wondering about any updates.
DN ended up losing like 150k to Isi.
so if I played Isildur you couldn't tell from 4 tables worth of hands, showdowns, and all the other info you would receive by watching the match if he outplayed me or not?at least on some of the hands?
How could I? What information do you think is enough to determine if someone made a good or a bad play/was outplayed - the cards? If so, bingo - results oriented thinking.Without knowing your reasoning/logic behind a particular move, and/or how Isildur was thinking, how can I know if you were outplayed? Poker is a game of the mind, not just cards. To be 'outplayed' rather than 'coolered', it is purely making the other person make a misjudgement, and that is not determined by the cards. If you run into the top of someone's range, it does not render your call bad. You can make the correct play and lose, so how would I know if you were making the correct or incorrect play?
How could I? What information do you think is enough to determine if someone made a good or a bad play/was outplayed - the cards? If so, bingo - results oriented thinking.Without knowing your reasoning/logic behind a particular move, and/or how Isildur was thinking, how can I know if you were outplayed? Poker is a game of the mind, not just cards. To be 'outplayed' rather than 'coolered', it is purely making the other person make a misjudgement, and that is not determined by the cards. If you run into the top of someone's range, it does not render your call bad. You can make the correct play and lose, so how would I know if you were making the correct or incorrect play?
once again, i give up...
Did DN say anything after the match like he did all the others? If so, does anyone have a copy of the chat?
RealKidPoker That was pretty frustrating. Lost the match in 1439 hands. In 20k + pots he beat me 12-2 and I ran 44k under par in all in pots again.
Daniel did a brief blog on today's match.They'll be playing again next Sunday with a fresh $150K each.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&
Well... DN will have a fresh 150k... :club:

This is why I am a fan of Daniel's. He perseveres. When he first tried to play in the big game at the Bellagio he got beat, now he is a big winner in the game. He took his lumps on HSP and kept working on his game and never quit.This loss will only motivate him to get better. I respect the effort he puts into getting better, including playing the best on their home turf.

once again, i give up...
Solid. Why bother spouting tripe if you're not going to get into a debate about it? I gave a fully justified argument against your point, and that's your best response. Don't see why you bothered in the first place?
Solid. Why bother spouting tripe if you're not going to get into a debate about it? I gave a fully justified argument against your point, and that's your best response. Don't see why you bothered in the first place?
Because when I continue to make a valid counter argument you just revert back to your original response. Sorry I don't enjoy walking in a circle with you.

For anyone who has SiriusXM satellite radio, check out Daniel's interview in about 48 minutes at 8pm EST on The Hardcore Poker Show: channel 98 - The Score.Discussion about his Showdown with Isildur.

Because when I continue to make a valid counter argument you just revert back to your original response. Sorry I don't enjoy walking in a circle with you.
What was your argument again? I just looked over your posts, and it seems you said he needs to work on his game because he lost this one session, and that he was "outplayed on several occasions", I said that was results oriented, you said "sigh i give up. you guys are right. DN has played masterful this entire time. He clearly has nothing else to learn. GG.". Rinse and repeat.I see no argument or counter argument from you there. I can see why you're results oriented though - you can't remember anything pre-results.
For anyone who has SiriusXM satellite radio, check out Daniel's interview in about 48 minutes at 8pm EST on The Hardcore Poker Show: channel 98 - The Score.Discussion about his Showdown with Isildur.
Apparently SiriusXM did some channel re-arranging and I haven't found the the new The Score channel number.But I did find this link and you haven't missed anything yet, Daniel will be on in a little while:http://radiotime.com/WebTuner.aspx?StationId=75392*Edit - Here's the site link for anyone interested:http://radiotime.com/station/s_75392/The_Score.aspx

Daniel won 85k today, so good for him. What I guess he doesn't get is that Isildur may be the best heads up NLHE cash player in history.....and the fact that Isildur was lucky to win the cooler hands doesn't change that fact - If they were to play 2 tables of PLO and two tables of NLHE, now that would be interesting. I really don't even think Durrrr would be that keen to play Isildur again if only playing NLHE - only guy I would say would beat him heads up is Ivey - and NO ONE ELSE. The Heads-Up and 4-tabling combo on top of his savant-like grasp of NLHE are unbeatable. I have always been a big fan of Daniel's overall but there seems to be some detachment from reality on his part when it comes to NLHE cash games on the highest level. Has he been unlucky on High Stakes Poker- absolutely- but he has also played very poorly - I mean 6 years of bad luck are not the true explanation for his losses. Can he beat Justin Bonomo and many other very good players online - absolutely - but Isildur, Ivey, Durrrr, Patrik, even Zigmund are on a completely different level - one it would be a year or two for him to hope to reach.It just seems like a publicity stunt for PokerStars but they really need to raise the stakes to like 500k stop-loss to impress anyone.