Daniel Vs Isildur1 - Superstar Showdown

Daniel's been practicing for this for a while and now he's going to take on Isildur1. Hopefully Daniel's min-raising will annoy Blom enough to put him off his game.http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/isildur1_2/2...ker-079136.html

by Brad Willis on March 10, 2011 2:50 AM They've been dropping hints for a while. They've whipped the playful banter into a meringue. They've flirted with the idea for so long, people are starting to sing that "Viktor and Daniel sitting in a tree" song. It's time to--if you will--get it on.In news breaking this very moment, we can reveal that Viktor "Isildur1" Blom and Daniel Negreanu have come to terms with the dates, times, stakes, and details of a SuperStar Showdown match that will be spread over two dates. Blom and Negreanu will face off on two consecutive Sundays, March 20 and March 27, at 15:00 ET. The details are much the same as previous Showdown matches, although this time the contest is spread over two weekends.They sit down with $150,000 available over four tables of $50/$100 no-limit hold'em on March 20, and after 2,500 hands their finishing stacks are carried over to round two on March 27 for another 2,500 hands across the same tables.This two-part Ali-Frazier battle has been in the offing for some time. Negreanu has been writing about it on his blog off and on and making no secret of the facts that he both admires Blom and wants to face him in a four-table match. Just a few weeks ago, Negreanu wrote a bit about his practice sessions. He's been four-tabling $5/$10 NLHE against a variety of good players. Despite having to deal with the learning curve of multi-tabling, Negreanu's sessions as of the first part of February had him up more than $13,000. He wrote of his practice at the time that he was only doing what any other competitor would do."It's all part of the learning process, and I'm a big believer in going all out against the fastest competition I can find, because then when I play others, the pace will seem comfortable," he wrote. "It's no different than a baseball player swinging five bats before he goes up to the plate, or a golfer taking some practice swings with a heavy club."Now that Negreanu has swung his bats around with some of the best, he's going after the Moby Dick of online nosebleeders. For Negreanu, it's not about the money. It's simply about being able to compete with the best. We're working on getting a few words with both of the players in the run-up to their matches. In the meantime, prepare yourself for what are sure to be the most-watched online heads-up match in a long time, if not ever. And, as always, the PokerStars Blog will provide its usual full coverage of the battle across both Sundays.
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whens negs1 gonna get his shot?
go get him honey :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&
On Sunday March 20th at 12pm PST I'll be playing Isildur1 heads up across 4 tables of $50-$100 no limit hold'em on PokerStars.com. We'll both have a bankroll of $150,000 to play with and will play 2500 hands on the 20th. If no on goes broke, the match continues the following Sunday March 27th for another 2500 hands. At each of the four tables we'll start with $10,000 and auto top up for as long as there is reserve in the $150,000 bankroll. Depending on how action plays out, stacks may end up splitting if either of us can't put up $10,000 on a fourth table.The SuperStar ShowDown was very intriguing to me when I first heard about it, the problem was, I simply couldn't compete. I've never really multi-tabled, especially not heads up. So I decided to get to work on practicing and see if it's something I thought I could handle. I played matches against a wide variety of players and pretty quickly adjusted to the speed of the game and that is not a concern in the least anymore. If you ever play Nanonoko 4 tables heads up, anything else feels like slow motion. My results in my matches helped boosted my confidence immensely. Not only did I feel "in the zone" while playing, but stamina across 2500 hands is also not an issue. The only real "issue" at this point is experience and skill. Isildur1 has a lot more experience then I do, but I feel I might match up well against him. We'll have to see March 20th.My strategy going in isn't a big secret so I don't mind sharing:Pre-flop: I'll be min-raising on the button probably around 95% of the time and folding the very worst hands. If he raises from the button, I'll either fold, call, or 3 bet to 1000.If I raise to 200, he makes it 900, and I decide to 4-bet, the bet sizing will depend on how deep we are. At the minimum, if he is in fact going to make it 900 as he did against Issac Haxton, my 4-bets will be to 2100 if we are only 10k deep. If, his 3 bet sizing is to 700, then I'll adjust as well and 4-bet to 1800 if we are 10k deep. The deeper we get, the bigger my 4 bet sizing will be, but probably never more than raising his 900 to 2400. That will also depend on how often he calls my 4-bets, and/or 5 bets me.Flop: In position, when checked to, I'm betting 50% of pot ($200) a very high percentage of the time. If I'm check raising the flop, it'll generally be close to 3 times his flop bet, whatever that ends up being.In pots where I 3-bet him to 1000, I'll be betting 60% of the pot, or $1200.Turn: In position in spots where he check called the flop, I'll be betting $600, or 75% of the pot.River: I'm not telling! LOL, this will depend heavily on many factors that I can't share without divulging too much information about my approach, but lets just say that I'm not exactly committed to any "small ball rules" on the river. I'm pretty sure this is an approach that Isildur1 doesn't enjoy playing against, but I'm not exactly trying to make him feel more comfortable. My goal is to win, and this approach is the foundation for how I plan on doing that.I'm not worried about giving away this information, because within 100 hands it will all become very obvious anyway.

PokerStars Game #59516513284: Hold'em No Limit ($50/$100 USD) - 2011/03/20 15:08:55 ETTable 'Showdown 4' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Isildur1 ($11800 in chips) Seat 2: KidPoker ($10200 in chips) Isildur1: posts small blind $50KidPoker: posts big blind $100*** HOLE CARDS ***Isildur1: raises $200 to $300KidPoker: raises $700 to $1000Isildur1: calls $700*** FLOP *** [4h 4s Kc]KidPoker: bets $1200Isildur1: calls $1200*** TURN *** [4h 4s Kc] [Ts]KidPoker: checks Isildur1: checks *** RIVER *** [4h 4s Kc Ts] [6h]KidPoker: bets $3100Isildur1: raises $6500 to $9600 and is all-inKidPoker: calls $4900 and is all-inUncalled bet ($1600) returned to Isildur1*** SHOW DOWN ***Isildur1: shows [6d 6s] (a full house, Sixes full of Fours)KidPoker: shows [Qs Kh] (two pair, Kings and Fours)Isildur1 collected $20400 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $20400 | Rake $0 SICK