Won A Seat To The Sunday $5 Mill. Aye, Here's The Rub...

Dear CorvairShagg,You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament #409020010 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #409020010 Lobby for further details.If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited with T-USD 215.00. Tournament US Dollars can be used to buy into any tournament. Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/ for more details.
First off, this is a serious post, even though it may seem like a trolling joke. But here goes:Some of you know that I have to take a "vacation" for the next six months, so I will not be around a computer. I "leave" Tuesday, and really don't have much spare time between now and then. I loaded a few tables this morning just wanting to get in and hour or so of play before I got started doing other stuff. I loaded a $8.80 2x Turbo Shootout 6-max 36 man SNG (Sat) b/c I had played a few of the SM sats this week, and they seem pretty soft, b/c of all the hype. As you see above, I actually won it, in which I really didn't think it was going to happen, so I guess I am a tad bit better than what I give myself credit for. Really just did it for fun. Here's the rub tho. Usually I deposit about $100-$200 every month, sometimes it will last longer. It is not like my life roll gets hurt by this; I budget about this much for fun money every month, so the T-$ equals about 4-6 weeks of average BR. I could leave it there b/c I did not see in the Rules where T-$ expire. Would be a nice BR start when coming back, b/c probably be alot of rust to knock off. I could play in it, but generally when I have tried the 1/4 mill and other big MTTs, I get bounced pretty quick, and the play is way more aggressive than what I am use to in $10 and under SNGs. Because this is such a big deal this weekend, if you look at it from a pure odds standpoint, you really have about 1:~45k chance of hitting $50k or above, which is better odds than any pick 4 / pick 5 lottery.IDK. I think it would be cool to give it a shot, but I m not very confident. Would be HOF to actually FT or win it all and have to go off for 6-months knowing you have $1 Mill + and a Lambo sitting in your PS account. Or, I can cash out what little I have in there, and just have an average starting BR later.If I did not have to go off, I would probably just turn it into T-$ and play a bunch off of it, and treat it like a 3rd place win on a $3r, but unfortunately time is not on my side right now.Anyway, just looking for any thoughts. "Go for It", or "Sit on It".

i would say play it out ... if you win the whole damn thing then you could sell me the cari would have to do installments , say 25 a week. i know this is dependent on you winning so at least think about itseriously, it cost you 8bucks. take a shot, you dont always get a shot at a million

Taking shots is always fun and could possibly lead to a nice cash, but I would say save it for when you get back, keep grinding them sits and grow as a player.

Just my opinion. You must be comfortable in your game and be confident.The field is going to be huge so you must be ready for all comers at all times. If you are not confident and comfortable you might as well just sit out the hole tourney and get blinded out. With that said Shagg I think you have to make up your mind to play or not.Sure would it be nice to take shot at the millions yes but is it just wasted money in the long run.Best of luck in whatever decision u make.

lol don't see how you can't play this weeks mill...i think any other time, keep the $T, but tomorrow is gonna be too good to pass up
This. Go for it, if you win keep in mind those who told you to go for it! :club: Good Luck!
lol don't see how you can't play this weeks mill...i think any other time, keep the $T, but tomorrow is gonna be too good to pass up
no doubt this is the sunday to play if there ever was one

PlayThis is coming from this BIGGEST bankroll nit EVER.Esp if it won't hurt your life roll and you will have 6 months to not worry about it after.

Yeah, play.I took the T$ once (got in for $2), because that was "what made the most sense", and ever since then I've kinda wished I hadn't. $200 is nothing in life these days. Go for it. If you don't cash, don't sweat it.

what everyone else is saying.this is the one week I actually really want to give it a shot!! I'm a total nit now myself....but esp as you sattied in, give this a go imo!!!!I actually tried to satty in once this AM....my try more in future. Esp since you are going away for a bit, i'd def have the fun now PLUS it being the best time ever for a small guy to take a shot! In short, if you would sit around while ur away and thinking about the 216 Tbucks in your acct would provide bit(s) of happiness, cash it out....but if that really isn't a big deal for your general life roll/etc. take that shot!

what everyone else is saying.this is the one week I actually really want to give it a shot!! I'm a total nit now myself....but esp as you sattied in, give this a go imo!!!!I actually tried to satty in once this AM....my try more in future. Esp since you are going away for a bit, i'd def have the fun now PLUS it being the best time ever for a small guy to take a shot! In short, if you would sit around while ur away and thinking about the 216 Tbucks in your acct would provide bit(s) of happiness, cash it out....but if that really isn't a big deal for your general life roll/etc. take that shot!
+1It will be a fun experience and you might run like lava (which will be required to finish well tomorrow)GL
I agree PLAY IT! I've won quite a few SM seats but I've usually just taken the T$ but I did finally play Sunday before last. If you're ever going to play it this is the Sunday to play. There will be lots of fish this time and a huge field so it will probably be much softer than usual during the early levels. When I played before my table was actually very tight and very careful in their play and not particularly aggressive. You know how to play poker and you'll have just as much chance of going deep as anyone so GO FOR IT!!!EDIT: I just won a seat in that $8.80 6 max shootout too and I am definitely playing!!!

Def play it. Part of the fun of poker is taking a shot once in a while. How often do you get a chance at a 5M gtd prize pool for $8.80? Go for it and best of luck!

And with a little good behavior it might not even be that long!
D+
Yeah, I really hope so, but not counting on it.
So is the brag winning the sat or being able to take a 6-month vacation?
Not really bragging. The sats are pretty soft right now with all the little guys taking a shot. Def not bragging about "being able to take a vacation". "Club Fed" is not really on the top of any travel agent's vacation bucket list. Hey, aren't you on/in the milk carton thread? Glad you came out of hiding to post again here. :)Well, it looks like there is an overwhelming response to go for it. Haven't had much luck in MTTs before, so that is why I was skeptical of trying, but DD is right, there will be alot of fish that sattied in. Hell, We both sattied in so point taken! :club: