Maybe the jury is still out on Giada......from Wikipedia "After returning to the United States, she became a professional chef working in several Los Angeles restaurants, notably the Wolfgang Puck-owned Spago".That and "She is also the voice of "Paulette", a character on the animated children's show Handy Manny", make her a solid candidate.

• 3 weeks later...

So far the seasons been just ok for me. But this past week, I couldn't believe that they kicked off John Currence. The judges basically said that the dishes of the in the bottom three tasted like crap (their words not mine....ok my words), but John's dish, which tasted good wasn't exciting enough so GTFO.Also, you gotta love, or at least respect, someone who not only rocks the mono/uni-brow, but who cares enough to make sure its well manicured!hotsluthughunibrow.jpgIt (the brow) totally reminds me of a seagull in flight!!!

Celebrity guest judges will include Maroon 5
Huh. I was in junior achievement with james valentine from maroon 5. I wonder if he's grown up to be the douce that I suspected he'd become in high school.
So far the seasons been just ok for me. But this past week, I couldn't believe that they kicked off John Currence. The judges basically said that the dishes of the in the bottom three tasted like crap (their words not mine....ok my words), but John's dish, which tasted good wasn't exciting enough so GTFO.Also, you gotta love, or at least respect, someone who not only rocks the mono/uni-brow, but who cares enough to make sure its well manicured!It (the brow) totally reminds me of a seagull in flight!!!
this season has been very blah. Not sure if it's because I am not familiar with any of the chefs but really not liking it.

I watched the first episode and felt it was meh. They jumped right into Restaurant Wars before we really knew or cared about anybody. The prior format where they only had a few "Masters" let us get to know each of them a little. Having "Masters" that no one knows and then treating it like just a regular TC Season sort of defeats the whole purpose. I mean since this is TV there is no difference between a "Master" that we don't know and some schlub looking for their big break. I'd rather watch the nobodies working their asses off for a break than "Masters" working for some personal choice charity.

I watched the first episode and felt it was meh. They jumped right into Restaurant Wars before we really knew or cared about anybody. The prior format where they only had a few "Masters" let us get to know each of them a little. Having "Masters" that no one knows and then treating it like just a regular TC Season sort of defeats the whole purpose. I mean since this is TV there is no difference between a "Master" that we don't know and some schlub looking for their big break. I'd rather watch the nobodies working their asses off for a break than "Masters" working for some personal choice charity.
Totally agree. These "Masters" don't come across very masterful. They get treated with more respect but some of their food seems on the same level as normal Top Cheffers, several times they haven't gotten the food out on time, and they give just as stupid excuses only they don't get called out on it, e.g. "It wasn't the cocoa powder I'm used to working with so I added more, and that changed the texture". Seriously?I'm not really enjoying it but I'll keep watching for now. I doubt I'll care who wins until the final 3, if that.
This show sucks. It really bugs me when vegetarians get kicked off cooking shows for not cooking meat/fish.
Well, I'm assuming he or she got kicked off for either-not cooking meat or fish wellor-cooking veggies in a way that wasn't as good as the way everyone else cooked meat or fishboth of which are totally legitimate. What's your argument? That it's unfair because they don't get to taste their food and/or don't know how to cook meat and fish the way omnivores do? Do you really think that's a legitimate premise for not coming in last in a cooking challenge? Or that meat eaters will tend to lean towards dishes that include meat? It's not like they can be expected to hide the fact that a good meat dishes is generally more tasty than a good veggie dish.Or maybe I'm missing your point altogether.
  • 3 weeks later...
Huh. I was in junior achievement with james valentine from maroon 5. I wonder if he's grown up to be the douce that I suspected he'd become in high school.
This episode wasn't bad.Finally at the point on this Season where I don't hate it, but it still isn't great. The Uni-Brow is actually a pretty funny guy. Most of the other Chefs seem a little spoiled, especially the guy who got booted on the Drive-Thru episode.Since I don't know anything about most of the Chefs, I'm sort of treating it like a "Normal" TC Season instead of Masters.

Traci Des Jardins is the only one I'd heard of before the show started, and she is kicking a fair amount of ass. Not quite as much ass as her younger, sexier competitor (Naomi), but regardless I'm definitely on the unibrow train. That guy rules.