Need Help With Video

I will be taking over the filming for our dart tournaments that are held 4 times a year. This will be the second tourney filmed and the lady that did the first one just doesnt have the time with small children to raise. we are the largest dart league in Missouri http://www.allstarseriesofdarts.com/I need some pointers in how to make it better, more professional looking. we are only going to get bigger, right now we run 50 boards, with plansof being at 65 by years end. is there reasonable priced editing software that will help me , i got about 40 days until our next one starts. a link to what was done in Columbia MO .... I will only post one link but there are several to choose ,

• 2 weeks later...

i think you need a 2-camera setup. a picture-in-picture of the dart board would really help. the camera angle in those shows us the players which is fine, but we don't know what they're hitting. also, they frame it badly at times, where the thrower is so far to the right that we don't even see their completed throwing motion. if the camera was snugged in a bit closer to the dartboard, you could get a more frontal view of the players while still showing some of the crowd-- i assume that they want to see themselves.if you only have one camera, i'd be tempted to move it to an angle pointing toward the board. frame it up so the thrower steps in to frame & is on the left, and the board is about 3/4's or 4/5's of the way to the right (so a slightly over their shoulder view; when they get their darts & come back, they'll still get face time. if you set up back a little ways, you can have the primary shooting done with a bit of zoom, then zoom out to see the teams reacting at important times.also, get a tripod.