Nbc Heads-up Poker Championship Field Announced

NBC National Heads-Up Poker ChampionshipDays: * 1 * 2Vanessa Selbst 100,000 50,000 posErik Seidel 100,000 50,000 posMichael Mizrachi 100,000 50,000 posAndrew Robl 100,000 50,000 posPhil Galfond 100,000 50,000 posDavid Benyamine 100,000 50,000 posGavin Smith 100,000 50,000 posPhil Gordon 100,000 50,000 posAyaz Mahmood 100,000 50,000 posDoyle Brunson 100,000 50,000 posOlivier Busquet 100,000 50,000 posChris Moneymaker 100,000 50,000 posDavid Oppenheim 100,000 50,000 posEugene Katchalov 100,000 50,000 posJason Mercier 100,000 50,000 posJonathan Duhamel 100,000 50,000 posPeter Eastgate Busted Jennifer Harman Busted Phil Laak Busted Emmitt Smith Busted Bertrand Grospellier Busted Tom Dwan Busted James Bord Busted Greg Raymer Busted Dennis Phillips Busted Barry Greenstein Busted Liv Boeree Busted Daniel Cates Busted Carlos Mortensen Busted Patrik Antonius Busted Andy Bloch Busted Antonio Esfandiari Busted

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2011 NBC National Heads-Up Poker ChampionshipNBC National Heads-Up Poker ChampionshipDays: * 1 * 2 * Live Reporting * Chip Counts * Photo Gallery * PayoutsPages Previous 1 2 3 4 NextIn the Money!Posted 55 minutes ago by F-TrainHeads-Up FeltHeads-Up FeltAfter two rounds of matches, three-quarters of the field has been eliminated. The remaining 16 players are all in the money and guaranteed a payout of $30,000.The Round of 32 matches didn't provide much drama or many surprises. The lone celebrity to make it out of the first round, Emmitt Smith, wasn't able to advance to the money round. He fell to Andrew Robl. Phil Laak, Tom Dwan, and Bertrand Grospellier all also lost tough matches.When play resumes at 6:15pm local time (in one hour), the Spades/Clubs survivors will be back for the Sweet 16. The match-ups are:Vanessa 1 time{a-Spades}{a-Clubs}Spades/Clubs Bracket{a-Clubs}{a-Spades}Olivier Busquet v. Jason MercierAyaz Mahmood v. Jonathan DuhamelDoyle Brunson v. Chris MoneymakerDavid Oppenheim v. Eugene KatchalovAfter those four matches are complete, the Hearts and Diamonds matches are on tap:{a-Hearts}{a-Diamonds}Hearts/Diamonds Bracket{a-Diamonds}{a-Hearts}Andrew Robl v. James BordMichael Mizrachi v. David BenyaminePhil Galfond v. Vanessa SelbstErik Seidel v. Phil GordonRead more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...r-championship/

The stage is clear here in the Caesars poker room. Day 2 of the 2011 NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship is finished. Of the 32 players that started the day in contention for the title, only eight remain. They are a perfect 4-4 split of youth versus age.In the Clubs Bracket, Olivier Busquet emerged from the battle of the "Liv Bs", then dispatched the run-good king himself, Jason Mercier. On the other side of the bracket, 2010 WSOP Main Event champion Jonathan Duhamel had to wriggle by Antonio Esfandiari and the 2010 WSOP Heads-Up Champion, Ayaz Mahmood, to secure his berth in the quarterfinals.The Spades Bracket quarterfinal match pits the Face that Launched 1,000 Poker Accounts, Chris Moneymaker, against perennial first alternate David Oppenheim. "Opie" knocked off Carlos Mortensen and Eugene Katchalov to secure advancement; Moneymaker had two defeat two giants, Daniel Cates and Doyle Brunson.The red side of the bracket sheet shows Andrew Robl and David Benyamine coming through Hearts, and Vanessa Selbst and last year's runner-up in this event, Erik Seidel, grinding their way through Diamonds.Each of the remaining eight players is guaranteed $75,000. One of them will win $750,000 tomorrow night. Because of the amount of play that's anticipated tomorrow, cards will be in the air at the early-for-poker-players hour of 10:45am.Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...r-championship/

go Jason Mercier (see what I did there? I'm a guy and he's a guy so I bolded his name to show that he's still in and I'm cheering for him b/c we both happened to win a flip)

gg :club: Our much-anticipated Liv B. v. LivB match didn't last very long. Olivier Busquet raised, and Liv Boeree moved all in. Busquet called to put her at risk. The lovely lady had a pair of them: QdQs. Busquet may have heard that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but he was hoping his AdTd would switch the adage. He got his wish on the Kd6d5d flop. Hard to beat the nuts, and Boeree was drawing dead after the turn 9d failed to pair the board.Busquet will go on to play Jason Mercier in the next round.
Too sad! Now I have to pull for Vanessa, she's a great player and I guess since I'm a woman and she's a woman I hope she takes this down.