Union Worker Protests In Wi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why I wrote "looters." I meant "viewers." There are no looters.And we're not looking to create chaos. That is a flat out lie - just because you agree with it, doesn't mean it's not a lie.
No it isn't a lie. In my opinion Chaos is EXACTLY what you're creating and why you're there in the first place. If you were looking for reasonable dialogue you'd be following the established political process - not shouting slogans at the Capital. You're looking to FORCE the government to comply with your demands. You're disrupting the classrooms. You and your lawmakers are refusing to go to work and do your jobs. That is chaotic. Your side lost the election and the reasonable part of the process and are now looking to circumvent the process with a show of force.
You're taking my fighting dirty in the wrong way. I intended it as a compliment. Republicans are so much smarter at this sort of thing than the Democrats are.
1st: I hate when people get all Machiavellian in their assumption of motivation behind politician's actions.They ran John McCain against Obama, they ran John Kerry against Bush, they are some of the biggest idiots in the world. Cane and I pretty much every year after an election argue about which of our parties did a better job of screwing up. So far they trade this award every year.2nd: To imply that there is a 'real reason' behind the actions of X is to try to muddy the waters of the issues. Custom wants to have the right to CB, I want to break public employee unions. There are no long term agendas here. ( Other than my long term agenda of not bankrupting the country and Custom's long term desire to destroy this country )3rd: Isn't Canada really cold..shouldn't you be trying to figure out how you can come to America for our weather?
it was good you took time to concur with the opposite though lacking any evidence beyond 'that alinsky guy'.
I don't know the first thing about Alinsky. No first hand opinion whatsoever so I can't even comment on that. I think it is ridiculous to imply that Republicans are better at fighting dirty or that Republicans somehow started dirty tactics and the Left just follows suit because they somehow have to in order to stay in the game. Unfortunately both sides fight "dirty". I don't condone it when a Conservative fights dirty.
I don't know the first thing about Alinsky. No first hand opinion whatsoever so I can't even comment on that. I think it is ridiculous to imply that Republicans are better at fighting dirty or that Republicans somehow started dirty tactics and the Left just follows suit because they somehow have to in order to stay in the game. Unfortunately both sides fight "dirty". I don't condone it when a Conservative fights dirty.
Well, it is true that until the republicans came along, Chicago politics was based on accurate voting registration.
...speaking of....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZsOKNfNkfQand, to repost a link in my giant post that I think everyone should watchhttp://host.madison.com/wsj/news/video/htm...1cc4c002e0.html
Why don't the republicans act like this guy when they are in the minority. Dems use every dirty trick in the book when they are in power, but act so indignant when the tables are turned. Phony.
You're taking my fighting dirty in the wrong way. I intended it as a compliment. Republicans are so much smarter at this sort of thing than the Democrats are.
yea, sorry I didn't take it as a compliment;) I can see this is going to turn into which came first the republicans or democrats first abusing the majority to rig rules in their favor. IMO the dems are much worse and it started with them, but I am sure you can argue the opposite. Truce on this issue?
And I'm sure there is no one on the right like that.That sign about public employees being the new Jews makes me want to punch a kitten tho.
Maybe a few, but I didn't mean to push argument in this direction.
One of the interesting things to me is that there is a large political component to this as well. Unions are large supporters of the Democratic Party and the Rebublicans are so much better at fighting dirty that it's hard not to think that a big motivation for Republican anti-Union actions is to hurt Unions and in turn hurt the Democratic Party in the pocketbook.
Ok, but I don't think it is dirty to showcase the idiocy of the other side when they are this wrong. But hey if having this fight pushes the few remaining Independents out of Obama's camp, I am all for this "dirty trick". Can you believe Obama was stupid enough to comment on this? I mean unless he was losing support of the unions, which maybe he was, I don't follow democratic politics that closely.
No it isn't a lie. In my opinion Chaos is EXACTLY what you're creating and why you're there in the first place. If you were looking for reasonable dialogue you'd be following the established political process - not shouting slogans at the Capital. You're looking to FORCE the government to comply with your demands. You're disrupting the classrooms. You and your lawmakers are refusing to go to work and do your jobs. That is chaotic. Your side lost the election and the reasonable part of the process and are now looking to circumvent the process with a show of force and.
Walker introduced this bill on Friday evening and looked to push it through without any discussion and is still looking to push it through without negotiation. I love how when republicans are the minority, you expect us to compromise, but when you're in the majority, you expect us to sit down and shut up.
These debates will slow down a lot if we have to stop and explain things to the ... lawyers.Bob tried to make the case that CEOs are not playing by the same rules as everyone else and as a result are getting to loot the store, which is what the collective bargaining rights is / has been doing.I pointed out that the only way to stop what he sees as a great evil (CEO pay scales ) is to do exactly the same thing that the WI gov is doing; take away their power to stack the deck for themselves.If A=B and B=C then A=C
this would make sense if there were CEOs making millions in education AND a republican would ever dream of doing this to a private businessman.
A very simple question for you Henry.Do you actually think that there is a pure market for CEO salaries or is it possible that there is an "Executive Class" that has used their positions and the use of comparables on the Compensation Committees of Corporations to systematically push up Executive pay at the expense of shareholders and other stakeholders ?The problem is that the market that you are in so much love with in many cases doesn't exist because so many of them aren't efficient and aren't pure like your ideology would like them to be.
There is definitely a market for CEO salaries -- it's like a farm system. Some person starts their own business, if they fail, no CEO job. If it succeeds and they grow it to ten people, then maybe someone will hire them to run 50, and so on, up to Fortune 500 companies. The complicated part is know what qualities make a good CEO for any particular company, and nobody has the answer to that. I know I wouldn't do what it takes to become a CEO for the amount of money they make. You basically have to either start your own company, or you have to give up your life for 25 or 30 years and be a company man from the moment you wake up to the moment you go asleep. I know those people, and they aren't very happy.
Walker introduced this bill on Friday evening and looked to push it through without any discussion and is still looking to push it through with negotiation. I love how when republicans are the minority, you expect us to compromise, but when you're in the majority, you expect us to sit down and shut up.
Hey now, it was Obama who told Repulicans they had to go sit in the back of the bus, because they lost the election. The media, democrats had no problem with this back then. That said, it has gone on for a while on both sides that the majority party rigs the rules to their great advantage. I have never liked this, even when it was my side doing it. It was only a matter of time when someone like Obama came alone with no virtue and started abusing this at it's current levels where he ignores supena's ect. This administation will go down easily as the most corrupt in the history of the nation. This administation does things weekly that would have been considered bigger than watergate by the media if done by republicans.
Your side lost the election and the reasonable part of the process and are now looking to circumvent the process with a show of force and.
LOLOLOLOLLOLLLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOL!!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!!1Like how Republicans rolled over and took it in 2009 after getting crushed? I mean, really? Like how they brought guns to protests? And how they refused to even believe Obama is a citizen? And how they went to every town hall screaming like maniacs?You were on here telling your side that they lost the election back then right? And that they should be reasonable and not call the President every name in the book and oppose him on literally every issue?Why is it election results only matter when the GOP wins?
LOLOLOLOLLOLLLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOL!!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!!1Like how Republicans rolled over and took it in 2009 after getting crushed? I mean, really? Like how they brought guns to protests? And how they refused to even believe Obama is a citizen? And how they went to every town hall screaming like maniacs?You were on here telling your side that they lost the election back then right? And that they should be reasonable and not call the President every name in the book and oppose him on literally every issue?Why is it election results only matter when the GOP wins?
They didn't leave the country to keep from having to vote on bills they didn't have time to read and debate.
^^ Missing the pointThe Democrats in WI are refusing to show up for work. They lost the election, so they won't do their job. I'm pretty sure you know the difference between that and continuing to engage in vocal debate.
They didn't leave the country to keep from having to vote on bills they didn't have time to read and debate.
Right, they just fillibustered until they got their way. Because that's so much better.
Right, they just fillibustered until they got their way. Because that's so much better.
Filibuster = written into the rulesLeaving the state and refusing to work while on the public payroll = theftDo you see the difference?
LOLOLOLOLLOLLLLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOL!!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!!1Like how Republicans rolled over and took it in 2009 after getting crushed? I mean, really? Like how they brought guns to protests? And how they refused to even believe Obama is a citizen? And how they went to every town hall screaming like maniacs?You were on here telling your side that they lost the election back then right? And that they should be reasonable and not call the President every name in the book and oppose him on literally every issue?
Every town hall?They all brought guns?They all are birthers?
Why is it election results only matter when the GOP wins?
Because thats the only time things get better for the country?
this would make sense if there were CEOs making millions in education AND a republican would ever dream of doing this to a private businessman.
I do not follow how you can come to this conclusion...maybe I am just so much smarter than you that I am unable to slow my thinking process enough?If so, my bad
A fillibuster is legal and accepted part of parlimentry procedure. I believe to fillibuster they should have to do the legwork like Mr. Smith had to in "Mr. Smith goes to Washington". I don't think they have to do that now because both sides have decided to cut that part out. But it is legal.
They all are birthers?Because thats the only time things get better for the country?
2000-2008 disagrees.and 51% of likely GOP primary voters are birthers. It's not a tiny subset.
^^ Missing the pointThe Democrats in WI are refusing to show up for work. They lost the election, so they won't do their job. I'm pretty sure you know the difference between that and continuing to engage in vocal debate.
and I assume you know the difference between skipping a few days to protest and refusing to do their job at all---since they have been doing it for a good while since the November elections.They don't have the luxury of most Tea Partiers of already being retired.