Union Worker Protests In Wi

But Defense Contractors give money to the politicians, then go back to the exact guys they just dumped piles of money on and work out their contracts.
FYPYou can fill in the blanks with an awful lot of different groups.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYPYou can fill in the blanks with an awful lot of different groups.
Defense contractors give money to both sides.Unions give money one sided to the point of being obvious
Defense contractors give money to both sides.Unions give money one sided to the point of being obvious
Buying influence is buying influence.Do you think the fact that the Defense Industry buys off all politicians might be connected to the size of the defense budget ?
Buying influence is buying influence.Do you think the fact that the Defense Industry buys off all politicians might be connected to the size of the defense budget ?
Of course, they are not protected from our need for cuts.Boeing getting the Air Refuler contract after the European company 'won' it in 2008 by getting some shenanigans called on the bidding process was pure irony.But there is the fact that providing for the national defense is actually one of the most important jobs that the constitution gives to the politicians.The constitution doesn't give the rights to form a union or to have any benefits paid for the rest of your life just because you worked for the government.
The constitution doesn't give the rights to form a union or to have any benefits paid for the rest of your life just because you worked for the government.
Uhhhhhh read it again pal:"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union
Would anyone be okay if the NRA was the one behind closed doors working out the gun laws?
The GOP is and that's about the same thing so I feel like that is a bad example.The NRA is a huggggeeeeeeee contributor to the GOP and the GOP is often (always) fighting for what the NRA wants when it comes to gun laws. I'm sure that Professor Williams' point seemed amazing at the time but all he did was accurately describe the lobbying process on both sides.
The GOP is and that's about the same thing so I feel like that is a bad example.The NRA is a huggggeeeeeeee contributor to the GOP and the GOP is often (always) fighting for what the NRA wants when it comes to gun laws. I'm sure that Professor Williams' point seemed amazing at the time but all he did was accurately describe the lobbying process on both sides.
The GOP would absolutely not be ok with the NRA creating the gun laws. The reason they fight for NRA causes, is because GOP members don't like gun control. That's obvious, correct? I mean, if the NRA dissolved tomorrow, which party would still fight for less gun control, even in the absence of NRA funds? I mean, it's obvious... right?

This is simply the opening salvo of the big business assault on the moral basis of American democracy. The governor turned a surplus into a deficit by providing corporate tax breaks, and then used the deficit as a ploy to break the unions, not just in Wisconsin, but seeking to be the first domino in a nationwide conservative movement. Budget deficits are simply a ruse. Deficits can be addressed by raising revenue, plugging tax loopholes, putting people to work, and developing the economy for the long-term. That isn't what matters to conservatives or Gov. Walker. They want to run the country according to the conservative moral worldview in all areas of life. They want to eliminate the government from using (1) regulation, (2) taxation, (3) unions and worker rights, (4) environmental protection or food safety laws, and (5) tort cases. They don't want us participating in public service, health care, education, public broadcasting, public parks, and so on. They think the magical "fairy market" will provide for everyone and everything. It's the myth big business has been selling and too many people are buying into this fantasyland.

This is simply the opening salvo of the big business assault on the moral basis of American democracy. The governor turned a surplus into a deficit by providing corporate tax breaks, and then used the deficit as a ploy to break the unions, not just in Wisconsin, but seeking to be the first domino in a nationwide conservative movement. Budget deficits are simply a ruse. Deficits can be addressed by raising revenue, plugging tax loopholes, putting people to work, and developing the economy for the long-term. That isn't what matters to conservatives or Gov. Walker. They want to run the country according to the conservative moral worldview in all areas of life. They want to eliminate the government from using (1) regulation, (2) taxation, (3) unions and worker rights, (4) environmental protection or food safety laws, and (5) tort cases. They don't want us participating in public service, health care, education, public broadcasting, public parks, and so on. They think the magical "fairy market" will provide for everyone and everything. It's the myth big business has been selling and too many people are buying into this fantasyland.
WOW, he's done a lot in one month!
The GOP would absolutely not be ok with the NRA creating the gun laws. The reason they fight for NRA causes, is because GOP members don't like gun control. That's obvious, correct? I mean, if the NRA dissolved tomorrow, which party would still fight for less gun control, even in the absence of NRA funds? I mean, it's obvious... right?
Do you think the NRA would be paying a dime for what the lawmakers were already going to do anyways? They pay for influence just like any lobby. There's nothing special about unions, defense contractors or gunheads when it comes to that.
WOW, he's done a lot in one month!
Well he had to take down the economy of the entire world in order to do it...I personally think he's too powerful if he is willing to take out Greece, cause a global economic slowdown and bankrupt America's financial system by creating derivatives and bad lending practices JUST to turn the budget of WI into a deficit so that he could justify breaking the union.I mean talk about your overkill.AND he did those things before he was elected gov.I think this guy is scary.
Obviously we have not been stealth enough if you are able to figure us out.I really thought that Compassionate Conservative thing would have tricked you.But you saw right through it, I guess we can stop messing around and get to destroying the environment, putting poisons into the food supply, and turning public parks into slave labor camps to make widgets that we will sell to the Chinese so that we can become richer so we can buy more politicians and get more tax cuts.( like Obama, he gave us one recently )
I mean, if every union was dissolved, the Democrats would still fight harder for worker's rights, yes? Because they believe more strongly in that than the GOP, right?So, what is the difference exactly?Other than your obviously biased opinion that Dems support unions for the money and the GOP supports gun control on principle.
I mean, if every union was dissolved, the Democrats would still fight harder for worker's rights, yes? Because they believe more strongly in that than the GOP, right?So, what is the difference exactly?Other than your obviously biased opinion that Dems support unions for the money and the GOP supports gun control on principle.
Just because Dems don't understand economics, doesn't mean that they can just say "we're for worker rights", and have that mean anything. All of us are workers. Hblask is a worker. Does he actively desire to give more of his money to his employer? Do you? Of course not. We just desire that the greatest good is done for the greatest amount of people. (Utilitarianism) If you tax a company until they aren't profitable, then the company won't exist, and no one will have job, the country will then not be getting tax revenue, and bankruptcy will ensue.The difference that you aren't understanding is that people are being forced to join the union, which gives 100% of it's donation money to dems. No one is forcing anyone to give money to the NRA. In fact, I think that they should force all state workers to donate 6% of their pay to the NRA. Think that would go over well? It's not even close to the same thing. Anne Frankly, I can't believe that you aren't seeing that.
Just because Dems don't understand economics, doesn't mean that they can just say "we're for worker rights", and have that mean anything. All of us are workers. Hblask is a worker. Does he actively desire to give more of his money to his employer? Do you? Of course not. We just desire that the greatest good is done for the greatest amount of people. (Utilitarianism) If you tax a company until they aren't profitable, then the company won't exist, and no one will have job, the country will then not be getting tax revenue, and bankruptcy will ensue.The difference that you aren't understanding is that people are being forced to join the union, which gives 100% of it's donation money to dems. No one is forcing anyone to give money to the NRA. In fact, I think that they should force all state workers to donate 6% of their pay to the NRA. Think that would go over well? It's not even close to the same thing. Anne Frankly, I can't believe that you aren't seeing that.
I think it is basically the same thing and the only difference is you agree with one and not the other. LOL @ union dues being 6%.in your guys mind, the greatest good for all people is millions and millions in tax cuts for businesses and no bargaining rights for teachers and other state employees. the idea that businesses are being taxed into unprofitably en masse is a joke.
I think it is basically the same thing and the only difference is you agree with one and not the other. LOL @ union dues being 6%.
I paid 5.2% when I was in the Steelworkers union from 1998 - 2000. I just rounded up.
I paid 5.2% when I was in the Steelworkers union from 1998 - 2000. I just rounded up.
That's not how rounding works. Is there a job you have not had? I thought you owned a Dairy Queen.My wife is part of the teachers union here and she pays less than 1% in union dues. Sounds like you picked a bad union.
That's not how rounding works. Is there a job you have not had? I thought you owned a Dairy Queen.My wife is part of the teachers union here and she pays less than 1% in union dues. Sounds like you picked a bad union.
Pretty sure that's how rounding up works.Union dues are all over the place; the ones I know about are from 2% to 4%.
Pretty sure that's how rounding up works.Union dues are all over the place; the ones I know about are from 2% to 4%.
No if it is less than .5, you round down. That's how rounding works. If you round 5.2, you round it down.
No if it is less than .5, you round down. That's how rounding works. If you round 5.2, you round it down.
He didn't saying he was rounding to the nearest whole, he specifically said he was rounding up.
He didn't saying he was rounding to the nearest whole, he specifically said he was rounding up.
Hey if you guys want to ignore the rules of math, go right ahead. You're not supposed to round up from such a number. It's just addition at that point imo.This is a good discussion let's keep it going.