Union Worker Protests In Wi

i can only comment on the public schools in my surrounding area and they doing well.
nice grammar. "they be doing well."
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice grammar. "they be doing well."
nice thanks, i be goin to wok now.
i can only comment on the public schools in my surrounding area and they doing well. the kids learn and have done well in college and life. i actually had a manager of mine try and convince me to give him a bonus because he can "no longer afford to send his daughter to his church school and doesn't want her exposed to element of public school" LOL i told him i appreciated his concern but that the public school he was scared of was very good and they had treated both of my sons very well....LOL the guy tries to pull on my heart strings to convince to pay him extra so he can keep his precious daughter out of the very school i send my kids to....that was special.
Supposedly the schools in our area are exceptional, too. I think they are excellent for kids who learn by sitting quietly in neat rows and being lectured at. The rest, not so much.
Supposedly the schools in our area are exceptional, too. I think they are excellent for kids who learn by sitting quietly in neat rows and being lectured at. The rest, not so much.
So: black people.
I'm not sure this belongs in this thread, but it's close enough and I didn't want to start a new thread for it....Today, my middle son finished a private tutoring program. He had been diagnosed with several learning disabilities (primarily ADHD), and one of the doctors recommended this place. It was insanely expensive, so I was skeptical. Now, after twenty-some weeks of one hour per day sessions, on ten different cognitive measures he has increased from around 30th percentile to 70th percentile, and advanced two grade levels. They said the skills will stick because they cause the brain to be rewired to accept learning more easily from now on. In kindergarten, he didn't even learn to write his name in six months of daily trying. Here it took them about two weeks, and then he kept moving on from there. In public school, he made no movement whatsoever in terms of percentile.So as I was leaving I thought, shouldn't public schools at least be able to get a *fraction* of this kind of result? Why don't they just do this? My first thought: too expensive. But really, they could do a shorter school year and get *more* results for about the same per student cost as they currently spend here in MN. Obviously, it's not going to show that kind of improvement on everyone, as it probably gets increasingly difficult to get further gains as the child moves up the ranks. But still, for all those kids who are in the bottom third, why make them waste their time in a horrible classroom setting that doesn't work for them when you can get *better* results in a fraction of the time?And that, in the end, is why public schools are failing. They are doing nothing for a large segment of the kids.
I think "ADHD" can be properly described as a mismatch between a common cognitive style and the traditional education system. The real obstacle is not money, but rather that traditional style of teaching/learning.
I think "ADHD" can be properly described as a mismatch between a common cognitive style and the traditional education system. The real obstacle is not money, but rather that traditional style of teaching/learning.
Yeah, I think that's reasonably accurate. We've found things that work really well, they are just not suited to traditional public schools.
  • 2 months later...
I wonder how much this result will matter for the 2012 Prez election. A Republican has to win Ohio to win the Presidency
Ohio will be very competitive. Obama is probably going to lose in Florida.....would not be surprised to see him stake his re-election on keeping Ohio.
  • 6 months later...
QUOTE (85suited @ Friday, April 8th, 2011, 5:42 AM)Looks like the referendum on Walker was a failure for the Dem's...Not really. Kloppenberg was not supposed to have a chance as of January. Instead, she came within 7000 votes of winning and if you look county-by-county at the election results, Wisconsin is far bluer than it was in 2010. Yes, her wanting a recount is completely asinine, as it will not change the result.We recalled 6 republicans and 3(?) democrats, btw - I'm not sure if anyone outside reddit is aware. We filed on the last Republican Thursday, as the 2 R's not getting recalled live in very Republican districts. Elections should happen sometime in July/August depending on if the GAB decides to have one end date for all 9.
Big day for you.

Interesting discussion on the radio about how the media has relegated the Wisconsin Recall to the 3rd and 4th pages.They are distancing themselves from the loss about to happen.Exit polls have Walker winning

It appears Walker is going to win by more than he did the first time.I guess it would be too much to expect the Democrats to get that message that wasting money on BS and giving the keys to the bank to unions is a bad idea.....

It appears Walker is going to win by more than he did the first time.I guess it would be too much to expect the Democrats to get that message that wasting money on BS and giving the keys to the bank to unions is a bad idea.....
This will only embolden them further and send the spin machine up one click to "laughtardtastic".

If they, Republicans, just stick to fiscal and deficit spending issues it will be fine, only the farthest left (many posters on this site) think we can maintain the spending patterns of the last several years and not implode. Lucky for all of us it seems that many people rich or poor are finally beginning to see that. At the end of the day people vote the wallet- BHO and his band of thieves have not helped anyone.

The recall was destined to fail since a large majority of people even those who don't support Walker's policies think that a recall should only be used where fraud or something like that has happened and not as a weapon against a difference in policy.Combine that with people not generally liking Public Sector Unions along with a 9-1 spending advantage most of which came from out of State and there was little chance of the Democrats winning.

I haven't been following this very closely and don't have much of an opinion either way, but it certainly was hilarious to watch the effeminate dweeb they interviewed on cnn last night outside the polling place crying that walker winning was the "end of democracy in america."

The recall was destined to fail since a large majority of people even those who don't support Walker's policies think that a recall should only be used where fraud or something like that has happened and not as a weapon against a difference in policy.Combine that with people not generally liking Public Sector Unions along with a 9-1 spending advantage most of which came from out of State and there was little chance of the Democrats winning.
Inaccurate.
Inaccurate.
Does someone have something definitive? I've read anywhere between 3.5 to 1 and 15 to 1 in the last ten minutes of searching.
Does someone have something definitive? I've read anywhere between 3.5 to 1 and 15 to 1 in the last ten minutes of searching.
I have nothing definitive, which was my point.The crying dude on CNN said the dems only spent 4 million, but I had read a report that showed they spent at least 20 million, including the unions and out-of-state sources. There is no way that Walker spent more than 100 million, which means that we simply can't believe journalists anymore. It's an awful place the world is headed.

I stopped believing journalists a long time ago. What's worse is it's leaked into sports journalism too.I would consider this a small victory for Walker. Having to face a recall election isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm thinking Obama still wins Wisconsin. He'll need Ohio too though.

I haven't been following this very closely and don't have much of an opinion either way, but it certainly was hilarious to watch the effeminate dweeb they interviewed on cnn last night outside the polling place crying that walker winning was the "end of democracy in america."
I love hyperbole. Though of the half-dozen or so americans I have on my facebook, no fewer than 3 had statuses in the last 48 hours telling me that if they shouldn't bother to vote if they don't REALLY care and/or if they did not have an 'informed' opinion. I thought it was odd to see (a select few) Republican supporters so blatantly hammering a basic democratic process.
I read 7 to 1 in a few places. But the number doesn't matter, right? We can all agree it was a significant advantage.
I read 7 to 1 in a few places. But the number doesn't matter, right? We can all agree it was a significant advantage.
Why would we all agree with that without any facts?
Why would we all agree with that without any facts?
Because even though the specific ratio is in disagreement, everybody is saying that the spending is more on one side. It's not like some sources are saying the opposite.