Union Worker Protests In Wi

I agree that something needed to be done either way, but yeah, the GOP in Wisconsin is handling it terribly. If Prosser gets re-elected to the supreme court over the new Kloppenburg there's going to be serious problems.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that something needed to be done either way, but yeah, the GOP in Wisconsin is handling it terribly. If Prosser gets re-elected to the supreme court over the new Kloppenburg there's going to be serious problems.
The Wis. GOP was throw up against the wall imo by the Dem's when they acting like spoiled preschoolers and defected. Where was the bi-partisanship in that move?They did not want to talk about it. They wanted it their way or not at all, and if they could not get their way they were just gonna disappear until they got their way, knowing all along they were daring the GOP into playing tough and knowing that the GOP would get vilified if they did. Well for once they stood up to the bullying and punched the bitches back, right in the mouth. It was a school yard brawl, plain and simple.The whole thing was f-ing ridiculous and both parties are to to blame. Anyone one of them pointing the finger is a joke, but like it or not, one group was in charge at the time and they won. But was it really any different than when the GOP got their asses handed to them by Pelosi when the health care bill got railroaded down everyone's throats? neener neener....we win one, you win one, etc. you can't win 'em all.
The Wis. GOP was throw up against the wall imo by the Dem's when they acting like spoiled preschoolers and defected. Where was the bi-partisanship in that move?They did not want to talk about it. They wanted it their way or not at all, and if they could not get their way they were just gonna disappear until they got their way, knowing all along they were daring the GOP into playing tough and knowing that the GOP would get vilified if they did. Well for once they stood up to the bullying and punched the bitches back, right in the mouth. It was a school yard brawl, plain and simple.The whole thing was f-ing ridiculous and both parties are to to blame. Anyone one of them pointing the finger is a joke, but like it or not, one group was in charge at the time and they won. But was it really any different than when the GOP got their asses handed to them by Pelosi when the health care bill got railroaded down everyone's throats? neener neener....we win one, you win one, etc. you can't win 'em all.
I mean is anyone actually paying attention to anything more than a 6 month window? Every time someone declares a Party dead, 6 months later they seem to be on top again. After Obama's 52/48 landslide EVERYONE was declaring the Republicans - and more specifically Conservatives - as being in tatters. How could they ever recover? Then By 2010 they surge back to take the House. Now one stinking debacle in Wisconsin is supposed to mean National Defeat?This thing is a teeter-totter.

Could this be any more entertaining?Wisconsin judge election has sudden turnaroundThe Democrat was unknown until the protests started, and came from way way back, and the day after the election was ahead by a couple hundred votes.Now a few days later, 14,000 votes turn up... most of them for Republicans.I'm sure the protestors will be thrilled.

Could this be any more entertaining?Wisconsin judge election has sudden turnaroundThe Democrat was unknown until the protests started, and came from way way back, and the day after the election was ahead by a couple hundred votes.Now a few days later, 14,000 votes turn up... most of them for Republicans.I'm sure the protestors will be thrilled.
Looks like the referendum on Walker was a failure for the Dem's...
absolutely awesome!

This will be controversial for years. The person who accidentally forgot and then found the votes has a long shady past. I sort of skimmed the story, but they took a plea bargain to testify against others in some voter fraud, and has a history of critical errors. Nothing to see here folks, move along.I think a Democratic poll watcher has already confirmed that the new count is correct, though, so maybe the controversy will be minor. I find it amusing anyway that it turned out to be such a corrupt person at the center of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pop quiz: What political party, in what state, this week passed a bill in the dead of night stripping public-sector unions of their collective- bargaining powers? Republicans in Wisconsin? The GOP in Ohio or Indiana?Try Democrats in Massachusetts. Maybe the debate over public-sector benefits isn't all that ideological after all.http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...0909536676.htmlLabor PainsUnion workers are furious over a vote by Massachusetts House lawmakers to strip police officers, teachers and other municipal employees of most of their collective bargaining rights over health care.But unlike measures in Ohio, Wisconsin and other states, this effort was led by Democrats in the traditionally liberal Bay State.The Boston Globe reports the state's AFL-CIO president calls it stunning -- quote -- "These are the same Democrats that all these labor unions elected... who we contributed to in their campaigns... who tell us over and over again that they're with us."House leaders say it will save $100 million and help avoid layoffs and reductions in services.Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-repo...s#ixzz1Kv9bsBMw

Looks like the referendum on Walker was a failure for the Dem's...
Not really. Kloppenberg was not supposed to have a chance as of January. Instead, she came within 7000 votes of winning and if you look county-by-county at the election results, Wisconsin is far bluer than it was in 2010. Yes, her wanting a recount is completely asinine, as it will not change the result.We recalled 6 republicans and 3(?) democrats, btw - I'm not sure if anyone outside reddit is aware. We filed on the last Republican Thursday, as the 2 R's not getting recalled live in very Republican districts. Elections should happen sometime in July/August depending on if the GAB decides to have one end date for all 9.
We recalled 6 republicans and 3(?) democrats...
Recalled, or filed petitions for a recall vote?FWIW I think this strategy is complete horseshit. Yeah it is within your rights, but is a dangerous precedent (like long drawn out noisy protests) that detract from the ability to govern. But I guess that is your point - Lose the Election? No problem, we'll keep fighting recalling recounting distracting every step of the way until we get another Election.How many tens of millions of dollars is it going to cost the State to certify petitions, schedule & hold elections, count (and then recount) the votes, hold another election if the recall effort succeeds, court battles, election spending...Yeah. I am sure this is good for the State.And of course now that the Left has shown it will work, the Right will do the same thing in the Future. Just like other disruption strategies.
Recalled, or filed petitions for a recall vote?FWIW I think this strategy is complete horseshit. Yeah it is within your rights, but is a dangerous precedent (like long drawn out noisy protests) that detract from the ability to govern. But I guess that is your point - Lose the Election? No problem, we'll keep fighting recalling recounting distracting every step of the way until we get another Election.
Filed the petitions. Do they have to lose an election for me to accurately say recalled? Meh.I'm pretty sure the recalls will continue to be rare, and never on this scale again, but I suppose it's a matter of speculative opinion. It takes a pretty significant amount of effort and anger to make this successful.
Filed the petitions. Do they have to lose an election for me to accurately say recalled? Meh.
Unlike Impeachment, they will have to suffer some consequences for their being recalled, so yes, it is a post removal term.
I'm pretty sure the recalls will continue to be rare, and never on this scale again, but I suppose it's a matter of speculative opinion. It takes a pretty significant amount of effort and anger to make this successful.
We have a city out here in our desert called Desert Hot Springs.They recall their city council as a regular occurrence.The amount of money they have had to spend on recalls would have solved their budget problems that everyone is getting recalled for.It's expensive to waste money to 'make a point', but I am not against the right of anyone to do it.
How many tens of millions of dollars is it going to cost the State to certify petitions, schedule & hold elections, count (and then recount) the votes, hold another election if the recall effort succeeds, court battles, election spending...
Yeah, and this whole "voting" thing is pretty expensive. Why don't we just assign a group of elders to tell us who our leaders are. That would really save the State some cash.
And of course now that the Left has shown it will work, the Right will do the same thing in the Future. Just like other disruption strategies.
The right already does this by challenging the eligibility of a certain, prominent politician with big ears and a funny name.
The right already does this by challenging the eligibility of a certain, prominent politician with big ears and a funny name.
Really set back the country financially Obama having to turn over the exact same piece of paper I had to produce to get a passport and driver's license.What's next? Are we going to ask him to have his driver's license on him anytime he operates a motorized vehicle on public roads? Those racist!
Really set back the country financially Obama having to turn over the exact same piece of paper I had to produce to get a passport and driver's license.What's next? Are we going to ask him to have his driver's license on him anytime he operates a motorized vehicle on public roads? Those racist!
So flippant and yet everything you said above is incorrect. What he produced years ago (the short form) is the exact piece of paper one would produce to get a passport or driver's license.The long form he released is superfluous.....so much so that he had to make a special request to the Hawaii Dept. of State to have it released. Ordinarily, they don't release the long form for anybody.I know, I know.....when you misrepresent the facts, humor is much easier.
So flippant and yet everything you said above is incorrect. What he produced years ago (the short form) is the exact piece of paper one would produce to get a passport or driver's license.The long form he released is superfluous.....so much so that he had to make a special request to the Hawaii Dept. of State to have it released. Ordinarily, they don't release the long form for anybody.I know, I know.....when you misrepresent the facts, humor is much easier.
Maybe if he would just release his school transcripts people would stop thinking he's an elitist.
Yeah, and this whole "voting" thing is pretty expensive. Why don't we just assign a group of elders to tell us who our leaders are. That would really save the State some cash.
Isn't this exactly what liberals want? A benevolent dictatorship? (as long as they get to choose the person) I mean, the government knows best... right?
A benevolent dictatorship? (as long as they get to choose the person) I mean, the government knows best... right?
the republican version is that wealthy corporations know best... to the point where you want to put Donald Trump in charge of the country. but, a benevolent leadership chosen by the people... isn't that called democracy?
the republican version is that wealthy corporations know best... to the point where you want to put Donald Trump in charge of the country. but, a benevolent leadership chosen by the people... isn't that called democracy?
1. I don't want Trump doing anything.2. benevolent? hardly.
You would do better if you didn't buy into the caricature version of the Republicans on this board.It makes you look like a sheep instead of just a hippy commie.Not thinking government is very good with money is not the same as wanting huge corporations to have carte blanch say over our lives.Especially when corporations are the ones supplying the tax revenue to have your little grants to look at people's brains while they say the word Marmalade and not Elephant.