Al Jazeera In America

a quick glance at CNN's major news stories on their front page:"Computer ties human on Jeopardy!""Posh Spice may dress Middleton""Snooki hairdo; new breeds at dog show""Jack Black attends baby panda's naming""Charlie Sheen gives advice about crack"try finding any irrelevant news on AJE's front page. they are all real news stories.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a quick glance at CNN's major news stories on their front page:"Computer ties human on Jeopardy!""Posh Spice may dress Middleton""Snooki hairdo; new breeds at dog show""Jack Black attends baby panda's naming""Charlie Sheen gives advice about crack"try finding any irrelevant news on AJE's front page. they are all real news stories.
the fact that Al Jazeera ignores fluff human interest stuff is meaningless and reflects the fact that their viewing audience mostly leads sad lives devoid of frivolous things.CNN has plenty of news stories on their front page but they understand that people like hard news and entertainment silliness.If anything besides hardship and misery ever occurs in the Middle East, I am sure AJ will jump on board.
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article...-in-canada?bn=1"“Not carrying the network sends a message to the Arab world about America’s willingness to accept information, unfiltered, from the very region we spend so much time talking about..."- Juliette Kayyem, assistant secretary at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security"... a different perspective on development issues, a different perspective on who’s right and who’s wrong, or what people in the country actually think about things, as opposed to what the Americans think people should think.”- Chris Waddell, director of Carleton University’s School of Journalism and Communication
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article...-in-canada?bn=1"“Not carrying the network sends a message to the Arab world about America’s willingness to accept information, unfiltered, from the very region we spend so much time talking about..."- Juliette Kayyem, assistant secretary at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Cause...you can't get unfiltered information being in the DHS?
"... a different perspective on development issues, a different perspective on who’s right and who’s wrong, or what people in the country actually think about things, as opposed to what the Americans think people should think.”- Chris Waddell, director of Carleton University’s School of Journalism and Communication
Love that a journalism teacher's position is that we are not telling it right...hey buddy, you trained them to interject their opinion into every story, now you pay the price.But lol at the logic that since these people think CNN is bad, that makes AJ somehow good.AJ is just a different bad, one with more women being mercy killed stories being ignored.And beheadings.
AJ is just a different bad, one with more women being mercy killed stories being ignored.And beheadings.
...so many beheadings. SICK! Also, AJ hates women. Seriously. Have you ever read their terrible reporting?

man, just got off of al jazeera a few minutes ago. been watching beheadings all afternoon. they got some pretty sweet beheading videos over there guys. check em out!

hmm... I can't seem to find the story about the cbs woman getting raped on al jazeera.edit: nevermind, found it on the arab version. had to get google to translate the headline: "American Infidel Gloriously Raped by Servants of Allah." huh, well I think that may send the wrong idea, personally.

But when Al Qeada needs a mouthpiece, they know AJ will put their propaganda at the top of their news.
You mean like how every Bin Laden video/audio tape was the top story on every American news network every single time? Can you offer evidence that Al Jazeera supports Al Qaeda or uses propaganda to further Al Qaeda's agenda? Because it's impossible to determine if your accusation has any substance at all if you don't offer some evidence. By the way, BBC is a great news website. CNN's site is a joke. Not sure how good their cable channel is.
cnnsucks.jpg
EDIT: Cnn's website today has more relevant/newsworthy stories than it did on April 25, 2009, and they do have some good videos and things. I would still go to about a half dozen other news sites before them though.
  • 3 weeks later...
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleea...2186155924.html"Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has called for an international investigation into the unrest rocking his country, as forces loyal to him fight hard to hold on to their territory.""He also used the interview to lash out at Western nations for turning their backs on him, saying that he was embroiled in a fight against terrorism."I am surprised that nobody understands that this is a fight against terrorism."Our security services co-operate. We have helped you a lot these past few years. So why is it that when we are in a fight against terrorism here in Libya no one helps us in return?""in a way, u can see where he's coming from...the west benefits greatly by this...media, war/industrial, oil, expansion, location....why is such an effort by the western military/media not undertaken in the place on this earth that really needs help...sub-saharan africa?

We get it dude. They just showed another beheading, and you are super excited. WE DON'T CARE! (Unless a bunch of muslims got killed by an AMERICAN bomb.)

in a way, u can see where he's coming from...
No, no I can't. He's a freak and has been, we've only tolerated him because he wasn't actively harming our interests, just "charlie sheen-ing" it for the past decade or two. Now that his people have finally had enough of his madness, we'll be happy to see him go without us having to get muddled in another ridiculous, endless war.It's possible that he was delusional enough to believe that we were on his side all this time, so if by the above phrase you meant "in a way, u can see that he's been delusional so that we shouldn't be surprised by anything he says", then I guess I can agree to that.
No, no I can't. He's a freak and has been, we've only tolerated him because he wasn't actively harming our interests, just "charlie sheen-ing" it for the past decade or two. Now that his people have finally had enough of his madness, we'll be happy to see him go without us having to get muddled in another ridiculous, endless war.It's possible that he was delusional enough to believe that we were on his side all this time, so if by the above phrase you meant "in a way, u can see that he's been delusional so that we shouldn't be surprised by anything he says", then I guess I can agree to that.
yrs ago he denounced terrorism, and co-operated with western countries to fight it. r u saying that the western countries were lying, being very slimy in their overtures?same for egypt...the west was fine with torture, deaths, etc for over 30 yrs!btw, i am not saying i support gaddafi, just saying you can see his point of view...kinda.
yrs ago he denounced terrorism, and co-operated with western countries to fight it. r u saying that the western countries were lying, being very slimy in their overtures?same for egypt...the west was fine with torture, deaths, etc for over 30 yrs!
So it is your position that the US should invade any country where the leader is not a nice guy?Or is it our job to decide which rulers are allowed to stay in power and which ones are not?And you want us to decide which rulers are allowed to stay in power based on what? UN guidelines?
btw, i am not saying i support gaddafi, just saying you can see his point of view...kinda.
So the Libyan people are being duped by the CIA to rise up against him?

I have changed my opinion of you All_in. You now support the right of America to decide who is fit to be in charge of other countries, which shows that you have accepted the reality that America is better than any country ever in the entire history of the world.Next though you must learn our limitation. Self-imposed of course, but limitations non-the-less.

The USA has a long and glorious history of cooperating with whoever can bring in some $$$ (by whatever means) and an equally high standard of invading or economically crippling countries that don't play ball (Hi, Cuba!) or removing from power, in various ways, heads of state who no longer do what they are told. I don't believe the US has set any kind of precedent by limiting the scope of their activities to Good vs Evil standards. Indeed, the fact the Bushes had a long-standing wirking relationship with Saddam Hussein and the US assisted Augusto Pinochet in his ascension to power would suggest the USA doesn't give a shit who plays as long as they pay.I, for one, applaud the business integrity of the USA, at least in terms of focusing on the bottom line. Keep up the good/evil work!

The USA has a long and glorious history of cooperating with whoever can bring in some $$$ (by whatever means) and an equally high standard of invading or economically crippling countries that don't play ball (Hi, Cuba!) or removing from power, in various ways, heads of state who no longer do what they are told. I don't believe the US has set any kind of precedent by limiting the scope of their activities to Good vs Evil standards. Indeed, the fact the Bushes had a long-standing wirking relationship with Saddam Hussein and the US assisted Augusto Pinochet in his ascension to power would suggest the USA doesn't give a shit who plays as long as they pay.I, for one, applaud the business integrity of the USA, at least in terms of focusing on the bottom line. Keep up the good/evil work!
Or its possible that we are stuck dealing with the people that are in power and have to make the best of it.
Or its possible that we are stuck dealing with the people that are in power and have to make the best of it.
Sometimes this, but also there have been times, perhaps not recently, where the USA has "installed" someone. DENY IT NOT, TRUTHBENDER!!! <for that is your Native American name>
Sometimes this, but also there have been times, perhaps not recently, where the USA has "installed" someone. DENY IT NOT, TRUTHBENDER!!! <for that is your Native American name>
Sure the CIA has done some scummy stuff.While under the direction of Democrat presidents....
yrs ago he denounced terrorism, and co-operated with western countries to fight it. r u saying that the western countries were lying, being very slimy in their overtures?same for egypt...the west was fine with torture, deaths, etc for over 30 yrs!btw, i am not saying i support gaddafi, just saying you can see his point of view...kinda.
this feels kinda like the diner scene in Heat. except you know, in the exact opposite direction.
Sure the CIA has done some scummy stuff.While under the direction of Democrat presidents....
Wait, what?Oliver_North_mug_shot.jpghenry_kissinger_olympicsgeorge-bush.jpg(I mean to represent 70s-era Kissinger, but that picture was too awesome to resist. He's even circled already.)